It’s 7AM And Still Dark Outside

I woke up at 5 this morning, didn’t want too but such is life. I was on the computer for a while and just toasted a raisin toast. Sitting here in the dinning room, it looks pure black outside. I like to wake up to light but that didn’t happen and when I get dressed and get in the car to go get my husband at the airport I hope the sun is rising. It looks like winter, I will miss our early sunrise of summer until next summer. Sitting here with my IPad, I just looked up and I can see some light. Just took the photo above, the sun is trying to come up. Guess I better get dressed and start the day. My plans for the day is to paint today...with a bit of myLot stuck in there too. Happy Monday. I changed my photo now that its light outside...
And soon they will change the clocks...although it doesn't really change anything, it just gets dark an hour earlier. I like my early morning light and don't care for the sun not rising until after 7, but I wish they'd just leave it be...once the days get to a certain period/length of light, it really doesn't make much sense (to me) to alter the time.
@sugartoes (34714)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JolietJake I'm with you on the time change I don't get it either Indiana didn't use to do it till the year we moved up here & they started it, but I'm like you, it doesn't change anything from what I see.
@JolietJake I fully agree with you, change it and leave it for all the year round. We change the coming Sunday here in old Europe.
@JolietJake Very interesting I had forgotten soon they will change the clocks, I don't like waking up in the dark and I do like the time change, it throws us off for a few days and then it's fine. At least for me.
@Morleyhunt (16688)
I've been sitting here watching a spectacular sunrise. Like you, I'm not enjoying it being totally dark when I awaken. The days keep getting shorter....but we know that come spring time we'll get back to the early sunrises (many people don't get to view them) and by summer, I'll be watching the sunrise over the Northumberland Strait.
I would love to drive over that bridge...While camping I wake up too early because it's light outside but now in the fall, I am not happy with pitch black until after 7AM. Too many trees where I am so no sunrises or sun sets but soon I will see them again when the leaves fall off the trees.
@Morleyhunt (16688)
@PainsOnSlate my living room window offers me a beautiful view of the sunrise. Yesterday my sister couldn't resist taking a photo...I didn't even think it was a particularly dramatic, but it was a novelty for her.
Have a pleasant and productive day.
The late start to the day struck me as odd today also. I even did a post about it. There is heavy cloud cover in our area, so I believe that was the cause, but even now, at 7:55 the street lights are still on.
Right after I wrote this the street lights went out. We have some clouds but I think its going to be a nice day.
@PainsOnSlate Its mild and so summer-like here still. But I'm not complaining because these days are numbered. But I did put most of my summer clothes into the cedar chest, so I'm limited to the few autumn outfits that I own and then of course the winter stuff, which I'll gladly wait to wear.
@Juliaacv It is warm here too and I wonder when we will get our first frost...
It's dark until 8 AM here, on Sunday we switch to winter time, too late, most people here get up at 6, they should have changed one month ago, as we used to do in the past.
We switch next Sunday, can hardly wait.
@PainsOnSlate We are finally back to the natural solar time, it is so much more normal. I like to dine with the dark.
I like the sunrise as well. It's been very dark in the early morning here too.
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
My son and I went camping on the beach this past weekend, and on the first night there I told him to look up the time of the next day's sunrise, because I wanted to get up super early so we could watch the sunrise on the beach. When he look it up and told me it was 6:53am, I didn't believe him! I was like, there's no way the sun rises that late! haha
I hope you enjoyed the sun rise. Where we camp in the mountains we can see the sun set over the trees but the sun rises behind us and behind the mountains. I've never camped on a beach and its been years since we camped on a lake. My parents liked to camp on a lake when we were teenagers because there is more to do at a lake than on the river.
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
@PainsOnSlate I definitely loved the sunrise on the beach. It had been a while since I've seen a sunrise, but it is always worth it. One of the things I love about camping is the fact that you are often up and awake around the time of sunrise, and it's just the best feeling in the world to watch everything come to life in the morning.
@moffittjc I do agree, a sunrise is delightful!
@Ganma7 (2045)
I love the photos and the fact you can see the changes. When it is light out I feel more ambitious. Dark makes me lathargic. Hope you had a great day painting
I prefer daylight too, Usually because I'm an early riser i sit at the computer until it light...like today.
@Ganma7 (2045)
@PainsOnSlate I do too!
@Shellyann36 (8618)
My kids are really protesting the time change. They get home at 3:45 from school, if there is any sort of delay, it can be as late as 4pm. They don't have much time to play outside before it is totally dark. They will not be happy campers when it starts getting dark as soon as they get home.
Thankfully the change of clocks has helped here in the Niagara area of Canada, it was almost light by 7 this morning. And now its bright outside...
@PainsOnSlate Yes, thankfully we are still having days that the kids can still play outside when they get home. I like the bright mornings.
It is still dusky outside at 7:25 this morning. When I woke at 6 it was pitch dark outside. It started to lighten up a few minutes ago but is still blah out. So don't like the darkness of fall and winter.
I prefer waking up to sunshine too.
@PainsOnSlate it is much quieter when it is darker in them morning. I just noted that as I looked out the window. I would like to see the sunshine.
We get up pretty early but it's light here earlier now.
Just looked outside, its 7AM and the east is getting some light and the west is still dark. I prefer waking to sun light.
@PainsOnSlate We've been getting up at 6am and it's well and truly light by then.
@averygirl72 (14026)
It's Monday here too. It's quite dark here up to 6:30 am. Hope you have nice week ahead
I hope you had a good weekend too.
@sugartoes (34714)
• Greencastle, Indiana
Good morning, I've been up since 3 cause of my left arm that's been given me fits cause of a pinched nerve in my neck. I hope you have a safe trip to the airport & back & you don't have a long ways to go & your day goes like you have planned.
I slept like a baby but nervous about not waking up earlier to get my husband but I've been awake for hours... Our airport is not far away, we can't hear the planes because it's on the other side of the escarpment (our mountain) but the drive there is all highway and will take just 30 minutes. its an easy drive.
Must be troublesome that you had to change clocks just to match the rising and sun set.
Finally the time has changed and it almost light when I wake up now.
I like waking up and watching it get light as I drink my coffee.
Me too but I'm ususally on the computer first thing every morning and it get light out while I type..(so I don't see it happening)
@redurnet (962)
Since the darker mornings have come in I have hated getting up. I actually feel a bit scared of the dark and I hate the coldness too. I walk around with a torch as I find putting the electric lights on is too much for my eyes.
Very interesting, I keep a flashlight (torch) next to my bed and use it in the night so I don't wake my hubby when I get out of bed. Often to just find my slippers....they disappear in the night
@LoriAMoore (10010)
Just a week and a half til our clocks fall back one hour
• Nairobi, Kenya
I love the photos, looks like a place i would love to have a walk at or camp
• Marion, Kansas
I would love to be at home watching the sun rise. I will leave by 7:30, and it will be barely light.
@wongchoiyee (6575)
Have a nice day.