would you consider a mobile groomer for your cat or dog = plus our exciting day

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Onyx, my kitten and me, are having an exciting day today! To get back to the topic i have a nice sounding lady who is coming from a mobile groomer this evening, and she is going to give my Onyx a mani/pedi ( trimming his nails) and he will not have to travel by car to the groomer! His nails need it as they are much too long. Also, we are going to celebrate with a new treat twice a month.Today, Monday is one month since he let me adopt him. Then on Saturday his 7-month old birthday! He is growing up so quickly! i just adore the little guy! Do you have a certain day (s) you celebrate with your pet more than one time a year?
No we do not have one here.I would not do it.Ms.Ruby is fine with the groomer here.
I never took him to a groomer yet, and it is easier for me to get somebody at the house. He has only been here a month. Give Ms. Ruby love from both Onyx and me!
@Marty1 well this may work for you.The first time.We do not have this kind of services here
@amadeo i just took a chance and called a groomer and asked if they had a mobile person who comes to the house. A very nice girl, Kelly, came last night, and it was done without too much of a problem
@bunnybon7 (37917)
• Holiday, Florida
i used to with coco, celebrate everything with her as she was my only real companion. so glad you got a new pet. is marty still with you?
@Marty1 oh my god! How did i miss this! So sorry. I know how much you loved marty.
@Courtlynn thank you, I have a cool sister who allowed me to adopt a kitten the next weekend and she was also going to let me have two of them that we looked at first
@bunnybon7 (37917)
• Holiday, Florida
@Marty1 she loves you so much your sister. glad you are happy with kitty
So good to hear that Onyx will be having a beauty treatment!!! He has some nice days coming his way with those treats. Heck, we celebrate most days with Molly due to her being spoiled rotten.
I am not sure if I am spoiling him enough. I want to give him the world! He is excited about his beauty treatment!!!
@bluesa (15231)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Happy one month with Onyx! I hope all went well with the mobile groomer. :)
Onux sends his thanks and love to Aunt Catherine and cousin Missy daisy and sends some meows too! We have to wait about another hour as the lady is coming at 6-6:30 this evening and it is only 5 in the afternoon. He gets his new treat after getting is mani/pedi!!!
@bluesa (15231)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Marty1 I hope it all went well. Hugs and a woof to you and Onyx.
@bluesa Onyx and i loved the woof! I am going to be writing about it soon. It went really well and will be using the same girl again!
The day he was born, the day we got him, and thanksgiving / Christmas. Lol
I am celebrating the day i got Onyx which is what i call adoption day. I celebrate every holiday. He will get a treat for Halloween etc. even if it is not a big celebrated holiday like Columbus day.
@Marty1 thats nice.
@db20747 (11309)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Sounds adorable. They grow up so fast. A mobile groomer is the only way to go when grooming any pet. They're cute but that ain't my favorite job.
Yes, he is growing so quickly. I don't want to do any grooming myself as I am unaware how to do it properly I would rather somebody else do it
@kepweng (19273)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
yes and nice cat you have what breed in onyx?
they called him a domestic shorthaired cat at the animal shelter where i adopted him
@Jackalyn (7384)
• Oxford, England
I am impressed and intrigued. I have never ever had my nails trimmed and Human 1 combs me every day. I think I am too old to start with strangers, but it sounds like a wonderful luxury. Happy Birtday little kitty. Love from Freya, the Catblog Cat
Onyx really needs his nails trimmed as they are much too long! I am hoping that starting him early with nail trimming that he will get used to it Onyx sends you, Frey, his love, and a huge meow many of them!
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't have pets but I'm glad you are having fun with your kitten. Enjoy.
Oh, I am having such a great time with Onyx!!!! i never knew i could be so happy!!!
@RubyHawk (30532)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 I'm glad you're really happy,. I know for a long time you were sad and depressed.
@RubyHawk Yes, i was. But it is a combination of Onyx and a large dose of sleeping medicine that is an antidepressant. I always say i could not be sad even if I tried!!!
@KristenH (25308)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Aww how sweet Jennifer. I bet Onyx loves you back. As for mobile groomer, I might consider it, if the price is right. I do celebrate his birthday, Christmas, the anniversary of when I received him. I reward him for good behavior at least twice a month.
It is not as expensive as i thought it would be. It is $10.70 each time. I think he is worth the money!! glad you celebrate all those days
@KristenH (25308)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Marty1 Thanks so much. Not bad. Maybe if there's one by me, maybe once a season. But I don't think Wylie would be up for it.
@KristenH I don;t know how up to it Onyc will be but the nails hurt when he crawls on me as they are so long. They dis tell me at the shelter that he should get them trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks and today is four weeks exactly
Oh so you didn’t get a kitten then she was already 7 months. That’s always nice as most people don’t want to adopt any that aren’t super tiny and cute. Yes I would do a travel groomer if it was a good cost.
My kitten was five months old when i adopted him. He was not super tiny as we think he is growing up into a big cat as he has huge paws and his tail is very big. He cannot control his tail, and it is everywhere!
@Marty1 Is it long hair on the tail like a Persian?
@shaggin no, i don't think so. He has domestic short hair listed on his breed on his adoption papers
I would love a mobile groomer for my cat Mildred, who sends purrs and high fives to Onyx. Mildred won't let me groom her or cut her nails or get her in the crate. The vet's assistant picks her up at my house, takes her to the vet's for grooming and I pick her up later.
Onyx was thrilled with the purrs and high fives! He sends meows that is his specialty! Maybe you should call around as the mobile groomer i started to use has a regular place that one can bring their pets to it but also a mobile groomer. How does the vet's assistant get Mildred to the groomers if she will not go in her crate? Maybe there are places that will have a mobile one you can use.. It is nice as if i had a 6:30 at night appointment i would have to have taken Onyx in a pouring rainstorm. The groomer came in the house and no rain on ONyx or me for that matter!
@Marty1 Mildred started out a bit feral and won't go in the crate for me. I close Mildred in the front porch so she can't run away and the vet assistant is a great big strong guy who can pick her up by the scruff and get her in. I'm not strong enough to pull that off without getting scratched. Other than that, Mildred is just about purrfect!!
@LindaCPearson I agree with you Mildred is purrfect! I didn't realize the vet assistant was a strong man. I have a box for Onyx, and he does not like at all. It is also much easier to have one come to the house as i have to wait for somebody to drive us as i do not drive
Happy one month anniversary with little Onyx! Good luck with the groomer. Doodles uses a scratching post like an Emory board for his mani/pedis. lol
Aww, how cute with Doodles with a scratching post as an Emory board! Onyx will not use a scratching post i bought him. He was a pretty good boy!
@Marty1 Glad to hear it!
@thelme55 (15633)
That would be lovely if we have a mobile groomer for Angus. We always have to bring him to that groomer shop-
I love the mobile groomer as Onyx gets nails done with a really nice girl who is really good with cats
@sallypup (29984)
• Moses Lake, Washington
A mobile groomer would be nice. Enjoy your fur baby.
I am thoroughly enjoying my fur baby he is the greatest!
I like your mind set, that he let you adopt him. That's how I feel too.
Yes, it is an honor he let me adopt him. If not i would be miserable today without him!
We have a nice lady who comes to the house to groom our dogs. They love her and it's nice not to have to take them somewhere. Hope Onyx doesn't mind getting his nails cut.
It i nice! Onyx was a little bit bad, but by the time she got to his feet nails, he was much better! The girl was so good with him!
It will be very convenient to have a groomer come to the house. Much better than having to take Onyx somewhere.
Yes, it was great, and Onyx had a new treat flavored shrimpy shrimp! He was okay but a little hyper.
@hostessman (10272)
• Tucson, Arizona
we celebrate every day and have a lot of fun
that is great you celebrate daily as it should be with a pet!
Mine go to the groomer every month. But then it's at the vet's office right up the street. But yes, I would consider that if the groomer in town was too far away or there wasn't one here.
I am using a mobile groomer as i do not drive and would have to wait for somebody to take me to the groomers with Onyx. This is much better as his groomer Kelly who is a total sweetheart comes and does it and it is over for another month