WorldWideWeb Will Be Celebrating B-Day Soon!

wikipedia
Austin, Texas
To direct everyone's attention on the birth and the evolution of the web, TIME Magazine published a list of the Top 15 most influential websites. This is an historical marker because it will be the first time I ever agreed with a list. 5. YouTube 4. Facebook 3. Wikipedia 2. Amazon 1. Google The article mentioned Microsoft (Internet Explorer) and Netscape (Navigator). Remember them? They weren't on the list. I'm fine with that. OK. I don't agree with the entire list. But the sites that ended up as the Top 5 was no shocker to me. You may or may not agree the other 10 on the list. If you're a non-geek like me, your reaction will probably be like mine: 'Eh! It's TIME's list.' Fun fact extracted from the article: The worldwide web will turn 27 years old on December 20, 2017.
They drove the world wide web's evolution
@Kahl39 (1082)
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I agree with the list too.
• Austin, Texas
I'm curious. Are you also on a site called Forum Coin but you have a different user name? You seem familiar to me.
@sishy7 (27748)
It was born in 1990... Thinking back, it was like a plus back then when we put 'internet skills' on our resumes...
• Austin, Texas
Oh yeah! That was a plus on you resume. Now it means nothing since my 8 year old granddaughter could put that on "her resume". She could also add and "I'm way better at it than my grandma!'
Happy birthday world wide web
• Austin, Texas
The WWW B-day won't actually be until December 20th. But we will all probably be very busy around that time of the year and might forget!
@ebanreb (5038)
Happy birthday May you have many more birthdays to come lol hahaha
WWW.
@parpande (676)
• Bangalore, India
Remembering those eqrly days while I was very newbie to the world of internet, I presume every website should be appended with Quiet late I learnt it can be browsed via simply dropping that www , thanks to technical advances .... now is tge era that browsers are equipped enough to suggest with the possibilities of the browsed site based on those few letters still to be completed.
www.
Worldwide web doesn't look like a day older than 18!