Good news, but not complete

@Asylum (47312)
Manchester, England
Christie hospital lived up to their reputation today by making me wait as usual. I arrived at 1-45 PM and gave a blood sample at 2-15 PM, quite good so far. Of course I then had to wait until shortly after 5 PM to see the registrar and hear the results of my recent scan. Apparently the chemotherapy has worked well and the tumours are now about one third of their previous size. This came as no real surprise because I had noticed the improvement myself. Now they are considering radiotherapy. However, the Christie staff will not be making the decision on whether radiotherapy will be appropriate, instead they are to refer me to a radiotherapy specialist. The radiotherapy specialist will then make the final decision and further arrangements if necessary. Suddenly I am back to waiting for an appointment in order to discover what happens next. Recently my life seems to revolve around waiting.
I am so glad about those great news Barry. Now I hope they will not make you wait for weeks to know about the radiotherapy. In 10 minutes I will be without Internet for the whole day. They are moving us to a faster line. I am unhappy and scared about this. Let's hope to be in touch later today.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
There is no reason why it should take all day, unless they intend to remove the old cable and replace it.
@Asylum This is what I told them and in fact I see that Internet is still working. It would only take a little time when they switch from the old line to the new one. The cable is still in place.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
@LadyDuck Maybe they mentioned a whole day so that people would be pleased if it took less time.
@pgntwo (21746)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
The quicker they get behind, the more time they have left to catch up...? No, perhaps not. Hopefully, your wait will be brief. So far so good
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
I cannot see the wait being brief, but at least I have acquired some information so far.
@Asylum I have the same for my mobile to call the mobile phones ONLY. My mom has a fixed line and she does not want a mobile. I can understand that at 96 you do not want to change your habits. Now I can call her without spending a cent, because I call her every day and it was pretty expensive.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
@LadyDuck That must have been very expensive.
Hope they don't keep you waiting too long for an appointment. But I guess they might. Good news about the chemo working so well.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
I am surprised to find that the radiotherapy would be done elsewhere and not at Christie hospital.
@Asylum That does seem a bit strange.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
@JudyEv Yes, especially considering that Christie specialise in cancer patients.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
That waiting would make me crazy. I hope they don't make you wait to long
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
It is driving me crazy as well and never seems to end.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
@Asylum I can understand that.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am so glad to hear that the chemo has shrunk those old tumors @Asylum. I was gathering that too as you had seemed to improve in how you have been feeling. Oh yes the waiting game is always frustrating. Thanks for updating us. Hope the day is fine for you. So glad to hear this good news I know you will let us know about the radiography.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
It seems logical to assume that radiotherapy will be on the agenda, even though it is not confirmed yet.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Asylum Yes most likely.
@LoriAMoore (10037)
Good to hear that your tumors have shrunk, but sorry to hear that you have to "wait and see" again. Very frustrating.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Yes, it seems to be all that I do lately, wait and wait.
• Portland, Connecticut
Hopefully, it won't be too long of a wait, but since the news was good maybe it is worth waiting for the next step, but not too long I hope.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Waiting seems to be the standard these days. I may even end up seeing the specialist and having new tests before any decision is made.
Things do sound like they are going well. Waiting does seem to be a common occurrence when the medical community is involved.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
It was particularly annoying to be told that I was being referred after waiting 12 days to hear the scan results.
@hereandthere (24186)
i'm glad that you notice an improvement.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
The chemotherapy has definitely helped.
@Asylum how many did you have?
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
@hereandthere A total of 12 sessions, which seemed never ending.
@Inlemay (17336)
• South Africa
Sadly you have to wait BUT again, however the news that I have read on your progress is most pleasing and I hope that it will go from strength to strength. Some positive energy from me on the radiotherapy idea and I hope this decision is made quickly and soon so that the progress can continue without any interruptions of setbacks (lots of love)
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
The delays are the harde4st part to deal with because I end up in limbo having no idea what is likely to transpire.
@Inlemay (17336)
• South Africa
@Asylum I can imagine how difficult that is. Happy Sunday Barry
@1creekgirl (8769)
I'm glad to hear you're improving. Waiting is hard, though.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Waiting seems to have been the main aspect since I was diagnosed with cancer.
@Asylum I know it's hard. You are in the prayers of so many here.
@Shiva49 (9688)
On the road to recovery and that is indeed a big relief. Sometimes I wonder how much our lives depend on the doctors as they can make a real difference. Hospital delays can be more draining than normal due to our anxiety about the outcome - siva .
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Severe delays can also disrupt treatment.
Despite the wait, that's good news, the fact that you feel the improvement yourself is a big thing. I hope all the health news we will be hearing from you are as good as this one.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
I would like to think that all further news was as good, but it seems unlikely.
@JESSY3236 (5066)
that's great. I hate waiting for anything either.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
The wait is especially frustrating when it relates to what treatment will come next.
A welcome news! The chemotherapy works wonders! You have to wait again and grin and bear it,this is just how a hospital does things.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
I can appreciate that delays are sometimes unavoidable, but this seems excessive recently.
@nangayo (2293)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Its good you are improving. Good luck with the radiotherapy.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
I am curious as to what radiotherapy actually involves. No doubt I shall find out.
@Srbageldog (5567)
This is good news about the tumors shrinking, but I'm sorry you once again have to wait to find out what happens next. Hopefully they won't make you wait long.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Delays appear to be something that they specialise in.
@wongchoiyee (6585)
At least you get your treatment done.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Most likely, although that still has to be confirmed.
Tony had radiation and chemo, he is not cancer free since June. I really hope you do it, I think it will work for you too.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Naturally this will depend on the opinion of the specialist.
I can just imagine how horrible it is to wait for news concerning your health - I mean - you can't help but worry , worry while waiting. Anyway, I am very happy to hear that the tumors are shrinking.
@Asylum (47312)
• Manchester, England
Yes, the news of the progress was very welcome. Of course I would have appreciated knowing what will happen next, but once again I am playing the waiting game.