Welcome Roscoe B Coltrain Esteves

As some of you may remember, we have lost two of our three dogs this year. It has been heartbreaking for us. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do but Brie has been so clingy and lonely all alone, she was never an only dog. I prayed that God would find the right dog for us. Last Tuesday my groomer called me, I told her to keep her eyes open for anyone who might be looking to re-home a little dog. She asked if I was still looking for a dog. I said yes. She told me that a customer of hers is a priest in Hartford who loves dogs and a rescue had been brought to him. He already has two dogs and he was looking regretfully for a new home for the dog. I said this sounded perfect since I spent 18 years as the secretary of a priest and one is one of my closest friends. She sent me a picture, Al and I fell in love. We went to meet the dog and that just sealed the deal. We picked him up Sunday night when we got back from Vermont and brought him home. I was not sure how he and Brie would get on. Well it wasn't love at first sight but they both slept on my bed last night and ate in bowls side by side this morning. I had the two granddogs today and he loved them and they loved him. Jack is crazy about him already and Alex came over to meet him last night and Brandon this morning. Al came up with the name Biscuit but when I saw him Roscoe seemed to fit better. Alex said Roscoe P Coltrain, the sheriff on Duke's of Hazzard I agreed to Roscoe B (Biscuit), He is just the sweetest dog. So now at least, we have 2 dogs, life seems more normal.
How wonderful is that. I'm sure he'll never supplant your lost dogs but I'm sure you have enough love for this one too.
We sure do, he has wormed his way into our hearts already, but I will never forget the ones we lost.
Wonderful good for you.
Thank you, we are in love!!
Sorry about the losses, but aww cute pup.
Thank you, yes it is hard to look at him and not smile lol
That is good news. You have a dog that will fit right in with your family.
Yes he has fit in amazingly well and we love him already.
@sallypup (29216)
• Moses Lake, Washington
First the tears for the little one that you loved and lost. Then my tears of joy. You and your new little one are going to have such happy times. Congrats!
Thank you, I am so sad on the one hand and so happy that we have found the right new dog for us. He is a little charmer.
• Pamplona, Spain
He is so lovely. Glad he is getting along with Bine too. Lot of work but well worth it.
Yes we are in love with him already, he is such a sweetheart.
• Pamplona, Spain
@BelleStarr I also like that name Roscoe suits him.
@sueznewz2 (10161)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm pleased you've got another dog and that he was a rescue dog...and I'm sure brie will enjoy having company again...
They are getting along a lot better than we ever anticipated.
@sueznewz2 (10161)
• Alicante, Spain
@YrNemo (14768)
That is a very beautiful dog, looks cheeky and humorous. Will it grow much bigger?
No he is full grown and less than 8 pounds.
@YrNemo (14768)
@BelleStarr (I like dogs that size .)
Congratulations on the newest member of your family!!!!! He is so adorable! I know Roscoe B Coltrain will be well loved and so happy in your loving home. Glad he's settling in so nicely.
Thank you so much, I was very worried about how Brie would react but so far though she has let him know she is the boss, they seem to be tolerating each other.
@BelleStarr It will take a bit of time, but it sounds pretty good so far. Brie is the boss. lol. I think it so cute that they slept on the bed and ate side by side.
@moffittjc (46027)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm glad I read your post all the way through. Immediately after reading your title, I was going to chastise you for getting Roscoe P. Coltrain's name wrong! haha But it all makes sense now. By the way, Roscoe was my favorite character on Dukes of Hazzard! Well...after Daisy Duke of course!
lol Yes we had to change the P to a B to keep Al happy lol Close enough and he is such a Roscoe!! All the guys loved Daisy!!
@moffittjc (46027)
• Gainesville, Florida
@BelleStarr Yes, but I was only a little kid, and I was still in love with her! haha
He is so adorable. Love the name you gave him. I wish I could get a puppy for Ally, she is trying to dig her way to my neighbors because they have one and she wants to join in the fun Princess is having with him. With 3 cats you'd think she'd be content, right?
lol some dogs are but others really like to have to have doggie buddy
Yeah, I think most dogs like having other dogs around @BelleStarr if I had the money I'd get a puppy too.
@acelawrites (12486)
Looks like Roscoe B will fill up the vacuum left by your two dogs. He looks lovable!
He is very loveable and yes, I am feeling quite guilty that I love him so much all ready.
@Ganma7 (2828)
Good for you guys. What a cutie
Thank you, yes we are very happy with him
He's adorable! I'm glad you have another dog.
Thank you, we are feeling better already with two dogs.
I am glad you found the dog you wanted. He is a lucky dog to have a new home with people who love him.
We all are lucky, it is truly a match made in heaven.
Cute dog glad you found another one. I want to get a littler dog to go with me Rooger and, Ghost. Rooger needs a playmate.
I hope you find the right dog, it can be tricky sometimes but it is worth the effort.
• Boston, Massachusetts
yay for family additions! have fun with your new pup!
Thank you, he feels like he has always been here, quite the lover boy.