Beef and bean chili courtesy of Hellofresh

Pic taken by me: chili simmering on the stovetop
Aberdeen, North Carolina
So I got my package earlier today and decided I would make the chili. The recipe came with everything I needed for it: shredded cheddar and sour cream to top off the chili once it was cooked, ground beef, beef broth, diced tomatoes, beans, Mexican seasonings, garlic cloves, poblano pepper, and scallions. It also came with detailed instructions on how to cook the meal. It took less than 30 minutes to cook. I made some rice and veggies as a side dish. It was very filling but I was so hungry today that I had a second helping. It would definitely feed myself and both of my teenagers. I still have a heaping helping leftover for tomorrow. Wednesday I think I will have the balsamic fig chicken recipe I was sent.
@rubyriaz007 (4292)
It looks yummy... Feel to have it...
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
You should make some chili one day. You can make it mild or spicy. I like spicy.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is amazing! So glad hellofresh is finally getting around to people. I have known of it for a while, but never purchased from it, but the meals seem so amazing!
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Yeah I've tried a total of 4 boxes. If I had more money available, I'd buy at least a box per month
• Peoria, Arizona
@acrogodess That is awesome, I would love to try it someday but no money at the moment haha
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@DesirousDreamer if you ever have a spare $30 let me know and I can message you a code for $40 off your first box. You can cancel the subscription the second they message you that the box has been shipped
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Id love to try it, but I don't want to spend that much money.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I have a $20 credit right now, so I'll be ordering my son a box for his birthday. It'll be $49 instead of $69. However, if we go to a restaurant and spend $20 per plate, that's $120 for 6 plates and since my daughter and I don't eat as much as we used to, we can share the recipes between the 3 of us. It's a treat though. I definitely can't spend that all the time.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@acrogodess Where do you go that you spend twenty dollars per plate.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@thislittlepennyearns any restaurant that I purchase a plate with steak or seafood. A plate with steak, potatoes and broccoli tends to run at $15.99 to $19.99 depending on the size of the steak. A surf and turf plate would be anywhere from $17.99 to $24.99.
@Dyvette16 (1467)
• San Antonio, Texas
It looks delish !
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
It really was
@Dyvette16 (1467)
• San Antonio, Texas
@acrogodess have you. Gotten other meals
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@Dyvette16 yes, but not recently. I've ordered a total of 4 boxes through them. I have some unboxing videos and taste tests on YouTube regarding hello fresh
So do you have an extra bowl and spoon for me to come over and indulge ??? Hee hee I don't make the beef n bean red sauce chili much anymore since learning momma has an intolerance digestively to the abundant proteins (biologically those are known as lectins) in the tomato
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I certainly can squeeze an extra person into these meals if I make some side items lol Alexander, my son, used to have bad eczema and his doctor wanted him to avoid tomatoes and other food items. He decided he'd rather itch than avoid his favorite foods ((oh dear)). Thankfully he was able to outgrow his food sensitivities
@acrogodess good to hear he outgrew the sensitivities to certain enzymes in foods; however you might know I am a stickler for eating according to blood type and there is a real difference between sensitivities and actual allergies
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@enlightenedpsych2 I've never looked into eating for a certain blood type. I need to ask what my blood type and the kids are. Sadly, I don't know.
@dgobucks226 (13735)
Chili tastes so good when the weather gets cooler. Nice the recipe has everything you needed.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Yes, I love some chili especially during fall weather. The only thing that would have made it better was some corn bread
@dgobucks226 (13735)
@acrogodess Oh I agree totally! Those 2 items are terrific together
@JustBhem (42819)
• Davao, Philippines
That looks delish to me. Would love to try it. Thanks for sharing.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
It was very delish. It's getting colder so I want to make a pot of chili soon
@JustBhem (42819)
• Davao, Philippines
@acrogodess Yay, it makes me want to eat.
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Wow the food looks delicious.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Thank you. It was very good. The recipe was easy to follow and satisfying to eat
That was nice that you have a good meal. I heard of that company and it's nice to know you enjoy it.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I do enjoy it. My 16 yr old son has already asked me to purchase him a box for his birthday next year. He's quite the foodie.
@acrogodess Sounds good and the picture looks like the chilly is very yummy.
@Genipher (5146)
If I could be nosy and ask... how much does each meal from this company cost?
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
The box that I purchased is normally $69 per box for the ingredients and recipes for 3 meals for 2 to 3 people. Except for the chili, most of the meals are what I consider restaurant quality meals (that I wouldn't normally prepare) which would normally cost about $15-25 per plate at a restaurant. So it is good for an occasional treat in my opinion.
@Genipher (5146)
@acrogodess It's nice to have a treat like that.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
@Genipher I agree. I figure if I'm going to splurge on the family, better to get a box with 3 meals per person than one restaurant trip with 1 meal per person lol
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
saw this post on a side bar and wanted to check it out. that looks good and makes me want to give it a try. you did a good job explaining it all. only one more question, do they put the meat in too or you supply that yourself?
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
They put the meat in. They send it packed in insulated bags and dried ice
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
@acrogodess cool. thank you
@LCaldwell (253)
I want to try HelloFresh, but it doesn't have a package big enough for my whole family. That chili looks really good.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Yeah, unfortunately they only have servings up to a family of 4. This is from the classic box: 3 meals for a family of 2 to 3 people.
@acrogodess Yea we have a family of 5. All of the males are big eaters too.
a friend tried to get me to join Hello fresh, we went around and around this, I can shop for less and make meals I want. She prefers Hello fresh Our family is too picky for most of the meals. I usually prep for my meals the day before, so it works for me. The chili does look good.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Oh we don't get it for an every day thing. We get it once in a blue to try something we wouldn't normally eat. Most of the time, it is something we'd see at a restaurant for about $20 a plate so since the 3 of us eat from the box, it ends up being a treat. I generally only get a box when I have a promo for it. I've never paid full price for the box.
• Japan
That sounds like a unique system. Do they send you the whole box and tell you how to cook it?
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
The box depends on what you order. I order the classic box and it comes with 3 full recipes and the ingredients needed for the entrees. It feeds between 2 to 3 people for $69 per box.
Sound yummy and easy to prepare. Do you have a picture?
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I shared a picture in my post of the chili in the pot