See You Tomorrow... I Hope

Free Image by Pixabay.com
Switzerland
Tuesday October 24th in this side of the world. Soon I will be without Internet because of a major change that requires a technician to come to our home. After the Internet plugs and the router are changed, we will get a faster line. If everything goes well, the Internet line will be back late afternoon, after 6 PM. I hope that nothing wrong happens, I am stressed and I would love to keep my old line. Wish me luck and cross your fingers. If you do not hear from me, you know which is the problem.
I hope your internet is back with no problem and you are back up on line soon.
The line is still working, now I am wondering why they told me that I would have been without from 9 in the morning.
yeah I hope your internet will be back up too I had the same problem for three weeks last september
@lnillerman As I said, this was not an Internet problem, we had to switch the line from the copper cable to the fiber cable. it requires the intervention of a technician.
@Asylum (47345)
• Manchester, England
This should be a simple case of disconnect the old router and connect a new one, which would take less than a minute. Of course such companies can easily spread this over several hours to give the impression that it is a major undertaking.
No, it's not only a matter to switch the router, we also change the landline system. The existing one (ISDN) is no more supported and we get that garbage of VOIP. They have to replace the old phone/ISDN router plug with a new one. Of course this is something we could easily do if they allowed us.
@Asylum (47345)
• Manchester, England
@LadyDuck With luck you may get back online by Christmas.
@Asylum For the moment I am working and the Internet already seems faster.
I have never worried about it. After this change, your connection shall be faster and much more stable. Think it in the positive way Good luck
When tech guys come home I can never be positive.
@LadyDuck Trust them, they are very professional
@hereandthere (24267)
why are you stressed/worried? what could go wrong?
You know, when a tech guy touches your installation everything can go wrong.
@LadyDuck i guess it's because you know as much as them. in my case, since i don't know much, i tend to trust them.
@hereandthere This is the problem, I know what could happen when they mess up with the line.
@HazySue (17190)
I hope everything goes with a hitch and you are back online before you know it. Being disconnected for any reason makes me nervous too.
I have not yet been disconnected. I thought that a full day was a lot of time.
@HazySue (17190)
@LadyDuck it sure seems to me that it is.
@HazySue We never lost our Internet connection, the tech guy switched the router and we have now a faster connection.
I hope the change over takes place quickly and easily.
I hope too Judy, for the moment I still have the line and I do not know if I should be happy or if to worry.
@LadyDuck If I were you, I'd be happy. It would be a great shame to worry about it and then for the worry to be wasted!
@JudyEv For the moment I work using Internet and I try not to think about this.
@Chantiele (432)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Our area is currently undergoing a fiber upgrade and they say by next year we will be able to upgrade to a fiber line.
I still have the line, I hope it's not a sign of problems. In fact we are switching to a fiber line.
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck I hear that fibre is the best. My one friend has it but he stays in a different region. He has told me that because it is so fast, you don't know how much you actually use. Then halfway through the month, it gets cut off and he has to ay more money for more data.
@Chantiele Fiber is the fastest connection. They have installed the underground pipes and cables last year and they are now connecting the houses.
@JustBhem (22746)
• Davao, Philippines
Thanks for informing us. And I think with a good connection it will be a big help for you.
Another 20 minutes and then I am cut out from the external world.
@JustBhem (22746)
• Davao, Philippines
@LadyDuck I see, and you still have time to be here then.
I'm sure everything will be just fine. Those guys really know what their doing. they are very highly trained in their field.
@vandana7 (57528)
Wish you all the best. Oh don't worry, it won't be as bad. We will meet soon enough and the old line will continue. :)
The old line is still working and it should not, let's hope it's not a first sign of problems.
Let's hope and plan for the best tomorrow. But, just in case, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you also
Thank you Julia, I see they are already late, the line is still here.
I hope everything works out and you will be here soon again!
Here I am Jennifer, they announced very long delays, but it only took 10 minutes. I wonder if they love to scare people.
@LadyDuck Wow, 10 minutes is awesome! =) Lol, I guess they did just want to scare people.
@LovingMyBabies They fear so much to be sued that they exaggerate so they are sure to be in time.
@ridingbet (38163)
i will miss you, ma'am. i hope you will be back the soonest because you are a very nice friend to interact with here.
Thank you Ingrid. For the moment Internet works, I do not know what to think. The technician should be here at 5 PM.
@ridingbet (38163)
@LadyDuck i hope it is fixed now. have a happy Thursday.
@ridingbet Yes, it did not take long, now everything works very fast.
I hate it when things have to be changed, let's hope that your speed is improved when it's done.
I hate changes Janet and I hate when a planning is announced and not respected. I do not understand why I still have the connection.
@LadyDuck It does seem odd that they would tell you you'd be without, but here you are
@jaboUK The technician called 5 minutes ago, he will be here by 4:30 p.m.. I told him that we still have the line, he did not seem surprised. I am sure everything will be done while he is here.
@LeaPea2417 (15473)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I hope it all works out fine. I would be worried too.
There was a little problem when we switched the phone line to the router, but after 10 minutes of different tries we were able to fix the problem. Everything works now.
@LeaPea2417 (15473)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LadyDuck That's great :)
@KrauseHome (33387)
Having anything done new and different especialy when it comes to a change with internet can be scary yet exciting. Hopefully you will be back here soon and everyhting will be better.
I am more scared than excited, I was happy with my old line, if they did not change their system I would have never upgraded my line.
Hope they don't mess up anything
They told me no line after 9AM, it's 11:15 and I still have Internet, this does not sound good.
It was frustrating! Hope the technician will address the problem quickly !
I hope so, for the moment I still have the line.
• Peoria, Arizona
Hopefully everything will be done in a flash and everything will be in tip top shape!
I am surprised that for the moment I still have the connection. Let's hope for the best.
@yanzalong (8959)
I hope your internet connection is getting better.
I hope too, for the moment I still have the connection.
Good luck on that. Well, I think it will not take a lot of time to have your internet be connected again. Take my word for it.
The tech came one hour before and it was a good thing, because it was not easy to remove the old connections, replace the Internet and Telephone plugs and install the new router and check if all the computer attached were working properly (we have 5 computers at home). Today everything seems to work.
@LadyDuck Wow, 5 computers. You are only two at home, right? So, who uses the 3 others?
@SIMPLYD My husband works using the computers, he uses three computers and I use two, one for serious work and one for my online writing.