How to Spend More Than 14M Pesos ($280,000 USD) in Three Months

PCSO Logo
@dodoazo (11255)
This is a rejoinder of the post of @Letranknight2015 on wasting lottery money. I remember I had written in my blog site, RandomThouhgts of Gil Camporazo about a government employee who won Php14M ($280,000 USD) sometime in April 2008. Here's an excerpt from my blog entitled "How to Spend More Than 14M Pesos in 90'Days" of March 20, 2012: "Dionie C. Reyes, 47, a government employee, married with 11-year-old adopted son bought a 6/42 lotto ticket of Lucky 7 pick, system 7 bet worth P70, in a seven number combinations for April 22, 2008 draw and won. "After claiming his winning prize, he right away bought a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) in that evening. Then a P4-million house and lot at BF Homes in Las PiƱas in some other days. "He gave his six siblings of P50,000 each, P500,000 to his nephews for a 3-door apartment, P1,000 to P30,000 to some of his office mates, and P100,000 to his boss. "He gave his wife's nephew a car worth P850,000, a Mitsubishi Fuzion... "Almost everyday, he spent a minimum of P100,000 in cockfighting by using his ATM card issued by the bank." Two months after he spent all his money, it was reported that he had undergone a heart surgery at the Philippine Heart Center (PHC) without any cash on hand. The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) management shouldered the cost of his operation of about P500,000 more or less. Though he's remorseful, he wanted to let the people know that he had nothing to fear for it was his money. He won it by himself and not for the expense of others. Can you afford to follow him om how to spend such huge sums of money?
@sabtraversa (9856)
That's crazy. Cars require maintenance, you have to pay for fuel and insurance. I would have stopped at the SUV and saved the rest of the money for the future expenses that car would need. At least he also invested a little of that money for real estate (buying an apartment for his nephews), that's one reasonable investment.
@dodoazo (11255)
But he never stopped spending all his money.
@dodoazo Surely not a wise choice, but if he's now happy that way, let him be.
@dodoazo (11255)
@sabtraversa For it is his own way, he never felt sorry about it.
@chris2050 (1338)
• Manila, Philippines
I am not judging people choices, as they are free to make them. But winning such amount in lottery is something that can arrive once i the lifetime. There is not any investment out there, that can produce such amount of money, even if you are doing money laundry you won't have 14 Millions pesos that fast. So, because I know it's something that can happen only once, I am not likely to spend this money so easily. If I am not sure exactly what to do with the money, I will buy some houses, that I will put to rent. Knowing that, with this, I will be getting money monthly. Of course, I will give something to my siblings and office mates, but I don't think I will include my boss inside
@dodoazo (11255)
You see you know what to do with the fortune which comes ince in a lifetime.
He didn't keep it all to himself. He was generous to his family, even friends and his boss. Though I wouldn't have done anything like that. I would invest so it would keep earning. I did come into money last year, not a lot, certainly not a lottery. I took care of my bills, and got myself out of debt, and got some things I needed. There wasn't enough for me to do any kind of investing, though that had crossed my mind.
@dodoazo (11255)
At least you've managed your hard-earned money to its usefulness.
@dodoazo I try.
@dodoazo (11255)
@just4him And you've succeeded. Aren't you?
Every-time I watch that guy it really infuriates me! He works for the PCSO, won 14 million but chose to spent it on women and gambling rather than the future of his wife and children. He wouldn't listen to any body until it was too late. He too had tons of debt, still working I think and foolishly betting on the lottery. = as for your last question, by watching these videos about dumb lottery winners I might have the will to control myself and think before I could spent a single dime.
@dodoazo (11255)
What a crazy, irresponsible man he is. His wife was greatly affected.
@dodoazo I hope I don't the same mistake these people make.
@dodoazo (11255)
@Letranknight2015 it's already a lesson to al the people whether they gamblers or not as far as money is concerned.
@JustBhem (22533)
• Davao, Philippines
I always want to win in a lottery. Before I always bet and end up nothing. And I believe that one day I will. If I were the guy, I will invest it in a business, of course, I will buy my own house. And I will probably have a kidney transplant for that matter. I will think about myself first before doing anything of course with the guidance of the boyfriend. And when it happens, I will be the happiest person in the world.
@dodoazo (11255)
All your plans will all be fulfilled for you know what you're doing.
@JustBhem (22533)
• Davao, Philippines
@dodoazo Thanks, I will think about myself first for me to be able to live more. If that happens, it is time for to help other people, of course, my family will be my second priority.
@dodoazo (11255)
@JustBhem it's all yours. You have all the means to plan out well about your money. Imagine it's too big and it's once in a lifetime chance.
@tusziget (250)
Well,quite an interesting story.He had won a nice amount of money.He should have saved part of the money for the days,when he need it.It is ok to spend some part of the money,but all of them is exaggerated.Good thing is,that he has bought a house,and he can sell it,when he needs money very much.
@dodoazo (11255)
But he mismanaged all his winning money. Instead he made his family happy. He gave them trouble and miserable life.
@tusziget (250)
@dodoazo Yes,he could manage all the money more wisely.That kind of luck not pops up everyday in somebody's life.
@dodoazo (11255)
@tusziget That's what we call or term as once in a lifetime. He would be lucky if he could win again in that lottery.
He did something very stupid. If you are lucky enough to win money, you must place the money so that you can assure your future and not waste the money in futile things.
@dodoazo (11255)
That's the proper way not squandering his fortune to nothing.
@dodoazo It's a shame to waste money, even if it is not earned but only won.
@dodoazo (11255)
@LadyDuck well that's his attitude. He felt sorry about it but he never regretted why he spent all his money for nothing.
• Calgary, Alberta
If I won the lottery, I will never let any members of the family know because people dont respect lottery money. They will just ask for money like there is no tomorrow until nothing is left. I will just start a believable small business and make them all believe that alll the money I have are from hard work. People respect money from hardwork.
@dodoazo (11255)
What a laudable idea! Would it work?
• Calgary, Alberta
@dodoazo It will work because your relatives wont be asking for money if your money is from hardwork. If you win the lottery, the cousins you never knew existed will suddenly beg for their "balato"
@dodoazo (11255)
@CaptAlbertWhisker But PCSO makes it public who is the winner. Now can you do away from your relatives asking for "balato"?
@kepweng (6388)
nice did you bet in lottery too? and hows your blog do make money thier too?
@Juilee (299)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
How about "How to save the 14M pesos as long as you can?" It's too easy to just spend it all when you have tons of money.
@dodoazo (11255)
Saving money is difficult. Spending it is too easy.
It seems he was not thinking clearly at all due to squandering all his winnings and ending up with nothing left.
@dodoazo (11255)
Based in his interview by the media, he won't regretted of losing his huge winning money for he knew what he did.
@Ganma7 (2043)
Not wise choices. Very foolish
@dodoazo (11255)
That's how to describe him.
@studylove (2162)
I think we should adopt moderate approach when it comes to spending money. What is your viewpoint ?
@dodoazo (11255)
There should be a good financial management. There should be a plan of priorities so thst the money is used properly.