It Whispered To Me, It Called...Sigh

@bluesa (12836)
Johannesburg, South Africa
It whispered to me, ever so temptingly, it promised me adventure, a peek into another life, another place. I had to look away. It whispered even louder, it made me yearn for exciting characters I knew I would discover, to make me dream of magical possibilities. I had to let it be, poor me. It called to me, my eyes repeatedly being pulled toward it, I glanced at it ever so longingly, why oh why, could it not be, I just wanted some precious moments with it, you see. I had to bravely walk away. Maybe that book and I will soon find a day? Yes, that is how I felt last night, I wanted to be able to sit and read this book that was just calling out to me, but I had no time. Have you ever just wanted a chance to sit and read and escape into a good book?
@1hopefulman (20361)
Yes and when I get that urge, I either do it right then or if I cannot do it then as there are important pressing things to take care of, I keep it in mind to make the time later to do it.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am still glancing at that book, because if I start It, I won't put it down till I finish it and nothing else will get done.
@1hopefulman (20361)
@bluesa Wait till you have more time to enjoy the book. Some things can wait.
That is a good approach Felix!
Yes, sometimes a great book is just waiting for me to read it and I haven't the time to read.
yes because once we start,we stuck!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It is enough to drive a person insane. I still longingly glance at that book. I feel your pain.
@Platespinner (18540)
I don't have time to do much of anything relaxing at the moment. Even my MyLot time has just about petered out. Just a couple more weeks...
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
You are dealing with so much! All those costumes, yowzah!
@bluesa Mrs. J has decided that too much of a good thing is, well, too much. She's decided that preparation for this production is a bit like trying to eat five pounds of chocolate all in one sitting --Emmett
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Platespinner Lol! Hi there Emmett, I agree, that chocolate needs to be spaced out. Wish Mrs. J luck trying to find that space!
yes I did experience such urge to read but chores block my way..sitting on my table are Sydney Sheldon"s which I promise I am gonna open one leaf and make sure I would finish ...it is sitting while I stare at it
what Sydney Sheldon book do you have waiting for you?
@Marty1 Master of the game 1982 released my brother gave it to me as a gift icould not find it anymore in bookstores here.
@goodgirl_kakay Never heard of that one. Is Sydney Sheldon a good writer as i don't recall if i ever read his books?
• Pamplona, Spain
Lots of times I have found a good thing to read online and being busy most of the time I could not settle into what I was reading altogether. Hope you can get into that book soon and enjoy it.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, when we're so busy, We can't settle into a good read. Thank you so much @lovinangelsinstead21 . But life is busier than ever
• Pamplona, Spain
@bluesa That is like me today. Things have changed around in ten minutes flat I just about know whether I am coming or going.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@lovinangelsinstead21 it is crazy when life gets like that. Good luck
@YrNemo (8598)
I found an old novel which I had read before. I realized that I had forgotten completely how the story began and end. I had read a few pages, still a blank in my mind at the moment except that I recognized the name of the main character there . I am keen to read it but the moment I got home and had some free time, I fell asleep!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It's wonderful when you find a book you can enjoy again. Ugh it is so annoying when you finally have free time that you can't keep your eyes open. I hope you get a chance to read soon. :)
@YrNemo (8598)
@bluesa I may find some time to read the book today, just that I can't seem to keep myself wide awake.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@YrNemo I understand, It happens to me too lately. I hope you get that book time.
@dgobucks226 (6790)
There are many times I just want to chill out and focus on one thing at a time and really enjoy the moment. Many times though, I am trying to do many things at once and let those moments pass me by. So, I do treasure anytime my mind drifts into peaceful thoughts and feelings, like a good book, music or event.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, It is like an insane juggling act. I miss a quiet time with a book so much, but I know to start one at this time is pointless, because I am constantly rushing around.
@bluesa I am sorry your so busy "C" Hope things lighten up soon. Mag jy 'n rustige tyd gou vind!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 thank you, David. As you can see I am still not finding my feet. But, "baie dankie vir jou wense" (thank you for your wishes) And I wish you the same.
@moffittjc (35735)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have a brand-new book that I've been dying to start reading, but just haven't had the time for it. However, I've taken this whole week off from work, and I plan on laying in my hammock in the backyard and reading the book all the way through from beginning to end!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I hope you do get to start that book. You're lucky to have a hammock in the backyard. I hope you get a chance for some R&R with your girlfriend too though. Enjoy the rest of your week off.
@moffittjc (35735)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa I was thinking about you today! A friend of mine who was visiting London is now visiting SA. I saw on his Facebook page this morning that he had landed in Johannesburg. I almost posted on his wall that I actually know somebody who lives there! lol I started my book today. It's 701 pages long, and I'm on page 63. Woo hoo! At this rate, I should finish the book around the time we ring in the new year! lol
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc nice that you were thinking of me. I hope your friend enjoys his time in South Africa. Good you started your book. That is going to take a while to finish.
@dpk262006 (54812)
Till I completed the post, I was not clear about what you are talking. Sometimes, it happens with me that I want to read a book but I am unable to get hold of it so as to read it.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
good it had you wondering. Yes it is that not having time to sit and read a bit that I am a bit sad about.
@dpk262006 (54812)
@bluesa Hopefully, you will find time to read the book of your choice soon.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dpk262006 thank you I sincerely hope so too.
Beautiful way you write this! I have books call to me all the time! i think i am going to read the ebook calling to me soon!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you so much :). Lol! I hope you started that ebook!
@bluesa I started reading a regular library book bug am determined to start that e-book! I decided I need more reading hours daily!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Marty1 I hope you get to read more
@FayeHazel (11791)
Oh that is awesome writing, while I was reading it I thought you were talking about a dream/dreaming.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, thanks, I never thought about it sounding like a dream, but that is quite cool .
@FayeHazel (11791)
@bluesa My first 2 thoughts were actually Dream and the Movie... but it fits book perfectly. :-)
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel thank you so much! :-)
Poor you! I know how ultra busy you are. I took time, because I had some, to start a new book this week.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
You're busy too, but I am happy you got a chance to start a new book and I hope you'll enjoy it.
@bluesa I hope I have time to finish it. It's a good one!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN I hope you do too, and remember the popcorn.
@ridingbet (37918)
not books for me, but when i get so attached to a specific case study of my students, i sit down and read it intently.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It is good you are intent on that.
@ridingbet (37918)
@bluesa when we have case colloquiums in school, it is knowledge gained from my students. it is shared knowledge for the teachers and the students alike.
Always! That's what I love about writing. My characters are always calling out to me to write even more and find out what they are doing or not doing or the trouble they are getting into or out of. It's always so exciting. It's the same when I'm reading. I want to see what that author did with the characters and how she or he wove the story.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, I can understand that you would be pulled to write each day, to create those characters. And it is good you like to escape into other books too. :)
@bluesa You need to be a reader to be a writer.
@kepweng (6382)
im reading books of stephen hawking and dawkins are you Familiar with it?
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I am familiar with Stephen hawking. I hope you're enjoying reading. :)
@studylove (2149)
Yes i usually sit and read a book at night time unless i feel asleep.Do you like reading books?
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I love reading a good book, there were days I would read a book through the night to see how it would end, @studylove
Sounds like a very nice poem. Yes - that has happened to me many times.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @Kandae11 . It is just such a pain when a book calls but you don't have time to escape into it, sorry you had those moments too.
This happens to me a lot and I don’t get much time to read anymore. However I spend my free tone here at mylot so that doesn’t help any. I’ve read half the amount of books this year the usual.