PEOPLE - THE LIKABLE AND NOT SO LIKABLE

pixabay image.
I like people, it's in my nature - but some people are very unlikable or hard to like. Here is my short list of the kind of people I find hard to like and those I find likable . Hard to like: (1) People who willfully commit criminal acts . (2) Snobs and bigots (3) People who show cruelty - mental and physically to others. (4) People who penny-pinch even though they are enormously rich. Those I find likable: (1) People with a sense of humor (2) People with a positive outlook and who are also good listeners. (3) Caring, sharing and tolerant. (4) Those who show respect for their parents. (5) Easygoing and slow to anger. There is no perfect person of course, but just two or three of the above would go a long way. Do you have anything to add? Who do you find likable or unlikable.?
I like people who do not panic because of a mall problem.I really enjoy people who have common sense. I do not like people who are jealous of what others have. I do not people who flaunt their education, its like if they have a degree and you do not, they try to make you feel stupid.
I can add what you have mentioned to my short list.
@Bluedoll (17236)
As it applies to social media specially on this site do you see that kind of thing going on where people are made to feel stupid. I've been called a moron does that count? I think that might not be the same as you meant Andria. Short list Kadase
@Bluedoll I could have doubled it.
@ebanreb (5005)
Yeah there are people whom you can easily be with but there are also people who are very unlikely. These people are so arrogant and the feeling that she or he knows everything. the feeling that she or he is perfect.
Mr. or Miss Know-it-all - there are many like that around.
@Bluedoll (17236)
I wish this was my post.
@Bluedoll It is freely accessible to everyone.
@1creekgirl (9060)
I also like people who are real, they don't brag or try to appear richer, smarter, or more talented than others. Your list pretty much sums up my feelings Thanks!
Real people - definitely. You know where you stand with them.
@Ganma7 (2546)
@Kandae11 Exactly
I like people who are pleasant to be around and are interesting. I don't like people who constantly use bad language and are coarse in their speech patterns.
That is one of the reasons why my marriage didn't last - my ex constantly used bad words. He didn't while we were courting.
@Kandae11 It's disrespectful, especially if the other person doesn't like it.
@crossbones27 (15434)
• Redlands, California
I think you half like me and half dislike me according to that list. Well, probably like more than dislike. 7 out of 9 is not bad. I am passable.
I am trying to guess which two would be you.
• Redlands, California
@Kandae11 I could tell you, or you can guess. You decide.
@crossbones27 Okay lets see. (1) You are not slow to anger (2) Your outlook isn't positive and you are not a good listener - I hope I guessed right.
@ilocosboy (34256)
Unlikable people are those who make gossips, likable people are those influence you to do better. Likable people are giving away money and goods, unlikable are people who don't care other people.
Gossipers can be very dangerous - because they spread tales which may not be true.
@ilocosboy (34256)
and because of that they are one of the unlikable people
@Bluedoll (17236)
Drinks are on the house!
@JustBhem (24546)
• Davao, Philippines
I cannot say I like the person right away, of course, it needs to be done like two to three times of being together or at least surrounded by other people. The first time will be my observing time and the second will be the getting along time. I like people who can accept me.
Some people we must be in contact with - like those we do business with or those in our workplace. And if they are not nice - it is difficult to avoid them.
@JustBhem (24546)
• Davao, Philippines
@Kandae11 Sometimes we don't have a choice especially when it comes to working with them.
• Eugene, Oregon
Your list covers it well. Being able to laugh at yourself makes life easier.
I agree one hundred percent - it does.
@studylove (2139)
I always try to find likable in people and look at your good and positive qualities instead of their weaknesses. What is your attitude in this regard?
I look for the good qualities yes, but if the bad qualities greatly outweigh the good then they cannot be ignored.
I agree with your list of likable characteristics and I'm drawn to people who have a sense of humor and look on the bright side.
They lift your spirits even when you are feeling a bit down.
@antonbunot (9533)
• Calgary, Alberta
Thank Heavens, there is only one who hates me in my last post . . . hahaha . . By the way, I think I have the so-called sense of humor and I believe I am easy-going . . but I don't shy away from going against people who got "one-way" thinking . . . . like the one who flared up in my last post. . .
Oh yes indeed - religion is a very touchy topic , that is why most members don't touch it. but as they say - "all is fair in love and war". At Mylot we can express our opinions and hopefully still be friends.
• Calgary, Alberta
@Kandae11 That is right! And what to do to one who goes nasty responding . . I say ADIOS!
@Bluedoll (17236)
Can I make a suggestion?
@Daljinder (19968)
You can ask people around here how likeable or unlikeable I am.
I am sure you are liked by many. Would it bother you if you are not?
@Daljinder (19968)
@Kandae11 What can you do? Force them to like you? smh! No, you can't It doesn't bother me. But if they are not open to clear the air then it's like banging your head against a wall. That does bother me! Not for me but for that person. It is not a way to live. You have to be open, receptive and appreciative of different opinions.
@Daljinder That's the way it should be, but that is not the way it is. People's opinions will always clash , that is why in order to keep the peace - some topics are avoided.
Great list! I don't like oddballs, phonies, slobs, gossips, whiners, liars, cheats, dullards, or bores. I like vivacious, witty, kind, compassionate, trustworthy, socially conscious, and intelligent people with personality. I can go on and on with both lists. lol
I tried to make mine short - but I would add some from yours . Describe the oddball.
@Kandae11 A strange beyond normal person with wording, expressions, lifestyle, and style. I could go on and on again, but I'm sure you get the picture. lol
@DianneN I get the picture.
@ebanreb (5005)
Are you likable or not?
It all depends . Some people take a dislike to others just by looking at them - no words spoken - no looks exchanged.
@ebanreb (5005)
@Kandae11 if that would be the case then you know when people like you or dislike you my friend.
@bluesa (13283)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Anyone that is cruel to animals, disrespectful to the elderly, abusive or mean better stay away from me. I will not hesitate to tell them what I think of them. Otherwise I like people who live and let live.
Well said.
@bluesa (13283)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@fishtiger58 (30611)
• Momence, Illinois
I love people who can laugh even thought things may be going wrong in their life. We as humans can't possibly like every one who crosses our path, that's for sure.
We all have varying tolerance levels - and of course - no one is perfect.
@fishtiger58 (30611)
• Momence, Illinois
@Kandae11 we are all imperfect humans, we must have tolerance, or at the very least stay far far away from those who irritate us.
@Bluedoll (17236)
Nicely written. It made me think though who would ever say, oh, I like people that commit crime? Another criminal? I've know people who penny pinch and think to myself that is why they are rich? I'm not sure if that is true? What do you think, I don't know.
Some people who commit certain crimes convince themselves that they are not committing a crime. I suppose that type of criminal would feel more affinity with others of the same ilk. I am not saying the rich should give away what they have. What I am saying is life is short , and if one has more money than one can use in a life time, enjoy it and don't hoard - when you die it will be left right here for someone else to enjoy.
@Bluedoll (17236)
@Kandae11 good point. It is true you can't bring it with you.
@dpk262006 (55822)
I would like to go with your list, yet we may not find all the likable traits in a single person.
No we won't - but I would be happy if I find at least two of the five.
@dpk262006 (55822)
@Kandae11 Which two of the five, you would like to choose.
@kiran8 (15347)
• Mangalore, India
I too like and hate all those characteristics listed out by you ..I hate those who are stubborn and judgmental beyond reason . I like those who are willing to adapt to new things and ways which shows an open mind .
Yes indeed - open minded people are likable.
@kiran8 (15347)
• Mangalore, India
@Kandae11 Also much easier to get along with
@kepweng (6924)
i think it Depends what you experenced in life people are attitude Changing right?
Right, definitely - some people do change.