It's Raining Leaves

@Raelove (16819)
Saco, Maine
I am always amazed at how quickly a strong wind can turn a full colorful autumn landscape into a bare canvas almost overnight. That's what is happening here right now, with a wind whipping leaves and pine needles off the trees so fast that many are now bare and the ground is completely covered with them. We did get some much-needed rain, too, with more due tonight and tomorrow. I'm glad about that, as we were back into a drought here, and I heard of at least one brush fire today burning somewhere north of here. While I do love autumn, I am always sad once the foliage peak has passed and the trees lose most or all of their leaves. Every year, I'm glad to be able to take lots of photos of the fall colors, so I have something to look at through the long winter months ahead. (Public Domain Image)
As you say a strong wind doesn't take long to do its thing, Do you have leaves you have to rake up? From memory, I think not.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
No, I don't. But I do enjoy going out from time to time and sweeping my section of the walkway. Doesn't last long, though, as it is soon covered again.
@Raelove That's why I've convinced myself I like the look of them on the ground.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
@JudyEv Why not? It's not like we can stop them from falling, right?
That is how it is here in Ny. Wet and cold. I love it when the leaves change colors I was looking out the window today and it as nice.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Here, it WAS nice. Now most of them are gone.
that is happen here.Wild wind and rain and the leaves are falling like crazy
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
We're getting the same weather, Fredo!
@Raelove yes I know.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
@amadeo Nice to know you're not that far away, Fredo.
We have rain and chilly here, and I too am seeing more leaves on the ground. I studied one of those leaves the other day and the multiple colors on that one leaf were gorgeous.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, they are. One leaf can display all the colors of autumn.
@reskyyandi (3691)
It is hot and dry in here, really really hot
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
I'm sure it is, and speaking as one who likes cool/cold weather, that would not be for me at all.
We have been lucky so far, the leaves are still hanging but like you said, one bad wind day and they will be all gone. So sad, so sad.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
This was the time of year my mother liked the least, as she thought it WAS sad to see everything stripped bare AND to think of what was coming after.