MyLot: Ugh! I just got a redirect ad popup on the AdBlock Plus

@CoralLevang (40951)
The situation I had when I was using Chrome here on the site using my Android cell phone, just happened to me a couple of minutes ago with the ad blocking browser that was recommended to me by @jolietjake . Since I've never heard word one about whether or not the situation was being worked on or rectified, I'm not sure what to think anymore. I'm more than just a little frustrated. I know that I'm not the only one to feel this way. My sister @sonjarae only has an iPhone and iPad and won't use them any longer to come here because of the issue. I am hoping that @goaskalice or @mylotbugs might shed more light on the subject. Is anyone else still experiencing this? Are you still using Chrome, or the Adblock Plus? Have you started getting them with this other browser now?
I don't know if Bugsy realizes it is just a phone issue or not. I'm still on my desktop running Chrome with an AdBlock Plus extension and nothing happens to me.
I just shut mine down to see if it will happen on a desktop still.
@CoralLevang (40951)
Nevermind never mind. You answered my other question.
I have had no issues knock on wood. I hope this gets sorted as it hurts the site.
@CoralLevang (40951)
agree. Sonja won't come back, and my friend BK has found this place " is stressful." I know many others who seem to only come by once in a blue moon now. Who knows what the reasons completely are, but I can't help but think that these issues are at least giving a vibe that is not good for the site.
I hoped that Bugs or Alex had found a way to solve this problem. I still have no problems at all.
@CoralLevang (40951)
I'm I'm not sure. There's been no report of whatever is the issue. I think in this case that no news is not good news.
@CoralLevang I agree that in this case no news is not good news.
@CoralLevang (40951)
@LadyDuck it always makes me wonder
Since I got Adblock Plus I haven't had any problems with pop ups. I'm sorry you're still having problems.
@CoralLevang (40951)
It's it's the redirects that are awful, and only when I'm on my phone.
@CoralLevang I had the redirects all the time on my desktop, which is why I now have adblocker plus.
@pgntwo (21769)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
PC or smartphone, Adblock plus plugin or no, Chrome on both platforms is susceptible. It's bringing the odd bit of spice to myLot that I can do without...
So I can go to a post here on myLot, select the link to a Don McLean video (Vincent) on that post, and when I get back to Chrome from the YouTube app, my Chrome...
@CoralLevang (40951)
I know that the AdBlock is for Androids, maybe a little different than AdBlock Plus?
@pgntwo (21769)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@CoralLevang Yes, you are right. MyLot evades the controls on both, though... at present.
@DaddyEvil (22415)
@CoralLevang Here, I thought you and @pgntwo might like to read this article.
https://www.minterest.net/adblock-vs-adblock-plus/
I´m glad that, for once, I have better results with my mixture of a laptop with no screen and a screen attached to it. I don´t have pop ups, but I have to sit at my desk
@CoralLevang (40951)
Even the pop-ups I could handle I think once in awhile, but it's the Damned redirect that are killing me. You have to get completely out of the screen and start over just to get back here.
@CoralLevang I have other problems. Sometimes mylot saysthat a certain post is not there anymore. And I know it is.
@studylove (2149)
I haven't undergone this experience. How many times do you face this problem ?
@CoralLevang (40951)
Too numerous to count now. I've lost track.
@Kuttu_007 (1022)
I'm also using Android phone...and having chrome browser... everything seems fine...no problems so far..
@CoralLevang (40951)
When I was doing that, I had redirects several times within an hour. Good luck and I hope things continue to work smoothly for you.
@shshiju (9323)
• Cochin, India
I have no problem with chrome yet now.