Halloween: Will you let your kids enter a well decorated haunted house on halloweens to get some candies?

Photo from google search
Germany
Hello! Mylot Founders, Creators, Admins and Friends! Since Halloween is fast approaching and people are starting to prepare things to celebrate the upcoming event I want to share my childhood experience in celebrating Halloween. In our village way back in my country Philippines, We usually celebrate Halloween by having a village contest of House Decors and letting kids visit and enters the haunted decorated houses before they can get chocolates and candies or any kind of goodies and parents will be outside to rate it I find it fun as most of them prepared their houses very well and scary Since I don`t have any idea on how every country celebrates Halloween. May I know your own opinion. Will you allow this kind of activity for kids to enjoy Halloween? How do you celebrate it in your place? Photo from google search
If i knew the people as with how crazy some people are these days I would be afraid! Thanks for sharing this interesting tradition!
Thank you How halloween celebrated there?
@m_audrey6788 we have kids dress up and trick or treat by going around to houses with porch lights on and get candy from them
@Marty1 Oh it`s still fun
@ilocosboy (34344)
Well if my children are brave enough to enter the house and not like me who is very coward of ghost, I would let them in. But if they tell me to accompany them maybe I will just tell them its bad to enter in that house.
Oh ok I`m also a scary person Thanks So how is halloween celebrated in your place?
@ilocosboy (34344)
Oh we have this Zombie Invasion Run and the Zombieki run as part of the celebration of Halloween party.
@ilocosboy Zombie Invasion Run? How it works?
We do not celebrate Halloween here in Switzerland. I did not know it is celebrated in Germany.
It`s celebrated in some places but not all. Here is more on parties at the bar, some kids roaming around with costumes to ask for chocolate goodies and after midnight they all gather in a place for little celebration where all food came from different families nearby willing to share some food
@m_audrey6788 Kids are not allowed to go around asking for chocolates or candies here and I am glad of this, I would hate to be annoyed late in the evening while I am still sleeping.
@LadyDuck Oh ok Here kids are allowed to roam and knock on doors or ring a bell but only to doors with halloween pictures or decors and only up to 8pm
@thelme55 (13984)
We don't celebrate it here like in the other countries. For me, it is just another day.
You mean in your place in Germany?
@thelme55 (13984)
@m_audrey6788 yes. Here in Germany.
@thelme55 Oh I`m sure you`re in a city. Right?
@responsiveme (14474)
We don't have Halloween but I would love to be a part of the celebrations
Oh ok but are you aware of this kind of event?
@m_audrey6788 yes, of course.I have read about it. .Am a bookworm you see
@responsiveme Oh I see! And how did you find celebrating Halloween?
@prashu228 (25814)
We don't celebrate Halloween here, i would like to have candies , but can't think of sending children to haunted house
It`s not a real haunted house but it was decorated to look haunted for the halloween celebration purposes only . It`s ok if you don`t celebrate halloween but have you heard or read about it?
@dodoazo (17329)
When I was a kid I never heard about this Halloween in our place. Now I notice this becomes a fad now every November First. In fact, there's a contest In our public plaza, the weirdest Halloween customs.
Oh why? but it`s ok You mean it happens every year now? How it runs?
@ebanreb (6279)
Yes of course. Why what is the problem if the house was decorated? Anything to do with the children?
No problem but maybe there are others who might find it difficult to do so because of some issues in their places
@ebanreb (6279)
@m_audrey6788 its Halloween remember? So you can see scary stuffs around the house.
@ebanreb Yes but in other places they might have different style of celebrating it or not at all
@ridingbet (47036)
no, we don't celebrate Halloween here. we just visit our dear departed in the cemetery, like this afternoon.
Oh ok. Thanks for sharing it here
@ridingbet (47036)
@m_audrey6788 when you were still here in our country, did you visit your dearly departed in the cemetery, or you played the Halloween trick or treat?
@ridingbet We visited our dearly departed but not on the date but before or after because my mother don`t like crowded people
My family has never bothered with Halloween - it's not that popular in England.
Oh! May I know why? You mean no holidays there only Christmas or New Year?
@m_audrey6788 It's just something that was a date on the calendar, but there was no trick or treating or dressing up in the past. Now however it's getting more popular, but it's still not big.
@jaboUK Oh ok! here too! Halloween is not too popular but there are some neighbors here really do celebrate it outside their homes at a park area and invite kids to have a few hours to enjoy the day roam around for candies and after 8pm they all go home! Some areas don`t like celebrating it too!
I expect there are a lot of haunted houses right now. Since I don't have little kids around any longer I don't know where they are.
Oh I understand your point It`s ok but do you celebrate at home? Just enjoy the day
@m_audrey6788 No, I haven't celebrated Halloween in many years.
@just4him Oh it`s ok. Thanks for dropping by here
I loved Halloween as a young kid. My daughter, all grown up now and living on her own, never liked Halloween. She was very afraid of the masks and costumes and would never have gone to a haunted house.
Oh me too, I love Halloween it always reminds me of my younger times preparing a simple white lady costumes and go with my childhood friends to visit those scary houses in the village but I also have friends like your daughter who are afraid of scary masks and costumes so they stayed at home with their families and enjoy celebrating differently and I don`t see any problem with that
@m_audrey6788 It's sad today. With so many dangerous things going on out there, kids really can't enjoy Halloween like we used to.
@LindaCPearson Oh so sad but I hope you can still enjoy celebrating halloween in your own sweet home
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
We don't celebrate it here. Only clubs and malls have events. I am not sure I would allow trick or treating nowadays.
Oh It`s ok but why you`re not sure about it? Is there a reason not to do so?
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@m_audrey6788 there is too much strange happenings in the world today. I would worry about the safety of children.
@bluesa I agree
@coolchai (700)
Very nice topic sis so glad you mentioned this again
Hi there my dear Big sister! I missed this kind of Halloween way of celebration in our village
@coolchai (700)
@m_audrey6788 sis how do i put on emoticons?
@coolchai at mylot Code
In our area, everyone decorates their houses for Halloween, kids dress in costumes, and the kids go door-to-door to receive Halloween candy.
Oh nice! Do you welcome kids who knocks for candies?
@m_audrey6788 Yes, they ring the doorbell and say, "Trick-or-treat," and then we give them candy. So much fun for us.
@Corbin5 Oh nice! I love that kind of feeling too! I love seeing those kids smiling with happiness for a chocolates
@hereandthere (28897)
your village/subdivision seems to be more "americanized."
I think so too as most of people living there are half Americans or have families living in the US
@m_audrey6788 there are many exclusive subdivisions of the old and new rich in makati
@hereandthere Oh nice! Yes, There are
This is quite new. We don't have that tradition in our province. We go to the cemetery and visit out departed loved ones, light a candle, say some prayers and eat dinner together on All Souls Day.
Oh nice! That`s really the way to do it but in a village where I grew up was like celebrating it that way and visiting will be after
@kepweng (11268)
my God im Scared in your photos do you already read the Story of hansel and gretel?
Oh yes ever since I started my grade school schooling
@crossbones27 (18553)
• Redlands, California
I do not have kids but would if I did.
Oh That`s nice! I`m sure your future kids will love it! Thanks for dropping by
@1hopefulman (26067)
There are dangers and so we have keep an eye on our children at all times, especially on Halloween. I never sent my children out. I would buy them all the candies they wanted and did some other fun things.
Wow! I also love celebrating halloween at home as long as family are all present and enjoying our days playing with many games plus the "Chocolate goodies" must be available .