~Using My Laptop-Exciting!~

Pixabay
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone. I hope your doing well. =) My oldest son said this is a great birthday present! We got home internet today, the one for $10 per month. The guy came earlier to get it all set up for us and here I am on my laptop again! I told my son he can watch his favorite youtube video's for an hour-he chose to watch magic tricks with a deck of cards and how to make paper creations. Both things he adores. Tomorrow they will be doing their school work on the computer which will be much easier than on my phone since the screen is so small. How's your day going so far?
I can't get my head around children doing schoolwork on a phone. Surely that must be really difficult.
@JudyEv It wasn't easy but they managed. It's a bigger screened phone-not a tiny one.
@LovingMyBabies Have they been using the phone for ages? Or just for a short time? It still seems a hard way to do lessons. Do they take turns using the phone? Sorry for all the questions.
@JudyEv They used the phone on and off for a few months and yes they took turns doing their school work. When we had a good amount of data on my phone (beginning of the month) they could do work on the laptop through the Mobile Hot Spot. When the data got low they had to do school on my phone because it wouldn't load on the laptop.
Great news! I bet Jackso loved those youtube videos! Doing schoolwork on laptop will make it easier for all the kids and you too
@Marty1 Yes he does love those kind of videos! =) Yes it will be much easier!
@LovingMyBabies that must have made it an even better birthday for him? did he have a good birthday?
@Marty1 Yes he had a good day. =)
@Gillygirl (17295)
• Sutton, England
That is good news. I find phones are too small to use.
@Gillygirl Yeah, it was hard to be here on my phone.
Sounds like you are having a great day. Got the candles ready for the cake?
@JohnRoberts Yes it was a good day and of course he had 11 candles-one for good luck!
That's great.
@marlina Thank you.
@ricki_911 (19457)
• Toronto, Ontario
Glad you got internet. Thats fairly cheap - is it unlimited?.
@ricki_911 No, it's not unlimited. We have it because we are low income.
@ricki_911 (19457)
• Toronto, Ontario
@LovingMyBabies Wish we had that here. I'm classified as low income but you get nothing and can't even collect food bank. Yet, if i stopped working and collected welfare they'd hand me free food, internet, education, health care, and eveeything paid. Sad really how they treat those in the middle.
@ricki_911 Oh wow, that's terrible. =( I wish they would do more. With this internet we get 1,000 GB per month for the $10.
@funkeyguhl (1743)
This is great! I hope your son can learn more magic trick with the help of some experts online. Doing schoolwork will be a breeze too. Though a word of caution because the internet can really be somewhat tempting and dangerous but of course, with your guidance, it will be alright . Enjoy!
@funkeyguhl Thank you. My children are supervised when online, we Home School so they only do school work and watch videos I approve of first.
@LovingMyBabies nice! how is home school like for you guys? Is there a curriculum that you follow or something?
@funkeyguhl They work online, we use a state accredited website then offline they do workbooks to practice writing skills.
Aw awesome! Glad you have internet to use it again.
@Courtlynn Thank you, me too! =) It makes things a lot easier.
@LovingMyBabies oh im sure!
Nice to have the internet I bet. I can't see well enough to use a phone. I like the laptop because I can bring the size of the print up to where I can read it. I have a cataract in one eye.
@celticeagle Yeah it is. It wasn't easy using my phone but I was just grateful to be here.
@LovingMyBabies ......Nice to have the service.
It is a present that will keep on giving. It might even cause you to earn more money, and pay for itself.
@GardenGerty Yes exactly! I hope so. =)
@Yadah04 (3024)
Great day going there. I hope I can do that with my nephew as well, with regards to giving time limit to using the internet. I feel it is a must for parents to be able to give the kids some limitations. My day is going on just fine as well. DOne all the chores, and so here I am myLotting.
@Yadah04 Yes, a time limit is necessary or it will get out of hand very quickly.
That is just wonderful news! You'll all enjoy it I'm sure.
@Juliaacv Thank you! It has been nice having it today. =)
Wow that's awesome and, I agree presents don't get much better than that lol.
@TRBRocks420 Thank you. Yes he was really excited about it!
@Genipher (5136)
Every time I sit down to eat, the baby has a poopsplosion. The grey water in the RV needed emptied so my eldest son (10) helped me. First time doing it without hubby's help. I love it when the kids get old enough to do big jobs like that. My 8 -year-old ran off to play as soon as the word "lessons" left my mouth. I'm gonna have to go track him down...after I get my breakfast (at lunchtime)
@Genipher It sounds like you have had a chaotic day! Lol. I hope your day tomorrow is more calm and peaceful.
@Tina30219 (34232)
• Onaway, Michigan
My day is ok kind of bored 3 days and nothing but rain here. I wish it would stop. But it gives me time for reading and mylotting. Congrats on your internet.
@Tina30219 Oh goodness, I hope it stops raining soon for you! Thank you.
@Tina30219 (34232)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies I hope so as well
@alberello75 (17539)
• Genova, Italy
Me too, I prefer the computer, than the phone. The screen is bigger and better obviously is the keyboard. I'm happy for you. Greetings Alessandro
@alberello75 Yeah, I prefer the computer as well but I was grateful to be here even on my phone.
@alberello75 (17539)
• Genova, Italy
@LovingMyBabies Now I don't own my phone anymore. This is because I (who are not at all clever!) gave it to my brother! (He sold it and keept money!) I buy one for December, at the moment however, I work only on PC. I'm sorry that question, I saw the picture of your window. So I ask you:. Are there some things in your house, made of wood?
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
10 dollars a month is a great price. Hope you all enjoy it.
@fishtiger58 Yes, it's affordable which is what we need right now. Thank you. =)
That is great I am glad you got home internet hooked up. That will be good for the home schooling for your children.
@jstory07 Thank you, me too. Yes it will make things so much easier.
@Platespinner (16494)
I'm sure that will make things easier for everyone!
@Platespinner Yes it will. =)
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
Glad your son is happy.