Two Months Later

Just two months ago today our son got married. Just to paint you a picture of our day. It was the last hot day of the season, the very next day we had a cool down and the weather hasn't rebounded to those daytime highs since. We teased him that it felt like Christmas in August. We were getting the best gift ever-a wonderful and loving daughter-in-law, and the satisfaction of seeing him, our beloved baby boy, happily marry the love of his life. Yeah, that about paints the picture. Very emotional. And still 2 months later we are all over the moon about being in the same family. ~Picture is min of my hubby and son
@kobesbuddy (49743)
• East Tawas, Michigan
What a handsome young man, and our daughter-in-law was a great addition to our family, also. When Chad got married, I cried like a newborn!
Thank you. I cried also, its so wonderfully emotional, here I am 2 months later still feeling that emotion.
@kobesbuddy (49743)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv You are very proud of that young couple and for many, wonderful reasons!:)
That's great that things have turned out so well. Unfortunately, try as we might, our daughter-in-law remains very cold and distant.
Maybe in time she'll change her ways. Sometimes it takes a big life event for someone to realize how blessed they are to have the people that they do in their lives. Klaudia took a long time to warm up to my husband, but her father lives in another country since her parents divorced, so she really had little use for father-figures. My husband and her share a very special bond now.
@xFiacre (4588)
@judyev and mine's a right royal pain in the butt.
@xFiacre We were a bit devastated when we learnt she didn't like flying and wasn't likely to come to Australia but we now think it is all for the best. She'd hate it here.
@1creekgirl (10698)
I hope they have many happy years together!
@1creekgirl (10698)
@Juliaacv I remember how hard it was when our daughter got married. Hard to see her as a married woman.
@1creekgirl Our son has filled the shoes as the "man" of the house, and now he has that wife to share it with. He's so independent and has such a strong will, but seeing that wedding band on his finger, it just makes me giggle-that's my little boy!
@inertia4 (27679)
That is a happy occasion. I don't know how I will react when my my gets married one day. I am sure I will feel a loss, but all in all, he will be starting a family. He is not that age yet, but one day he will be. I am sure your son will have a wonderful life.
I didn't feel a loss, just a huge abundance of joy and love. As a parent you always have secret hopes and aspirations for your children, what you'd like to see them as, and he is so much in love with her, and her with him. And they are such a delight together or individually on their own. When he married, I felt my heart open as I was blessed to have a sweet and caring young woman come into our family as our daughter-in-law. And my heart pounds stronger knowing that our son has made such a great choice for the rest of his life.
@inertia4 (27679)
@Juliaacv I hope I experience that when my kids eventually get married.
You make my heart happy just reading this!
Thank you, they are such an adorable and sweet couple-and yes, I AM bias!
@ebanreb (6935)
Congratulations to the newly wed. Please extend my warmest congratulations to your son and his wife.
I will, and thank you.
@ebanreb (6935)
@Juliaacv No problem
@shivamani10 (11228)
• Hyderabad, India
Very nice about that. God bless this good life forever.
Thank you. They're young and have their whole lives to share and enjoy together.
@Shiva49 (13408)
That is happiness shared - how it should really feel like - siva
Thank you, you're so right.
• Peoria, Arizona
Congrats to him, to many more months!
Thank you Felicia!
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
I'm very happy for your son, congrats to you all.
Thank you. We're pretty happy for them and we feel so very blessed to have her in our family.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv I hope one day both my sons find that special someone.
@fishtiger58 All in time. As a parent there are qualities that we hope that our sons will find in their true love, our son found all of that but also someone who giggles. And in a household where I'm the only girl (like you are at your place) having someone giggle is SO welcomed!
@sueznewz2 (10066)
• Alicante, Spain
they're nice photos... I'm glad you are all getting on...it's such a blessing when it's like that... and it's not always the case...
Thank you. I have some nice pictures on my old phone and I will have to buy a card to transfer them onto it and then onto the computer because the professional pictures from the photographer are not finished as of yet. They are still going to be a few weeks. We are lucky to have someone so loving and great as the newest addition to our family, and we know that, and we're so very thankful.
@sueznewz2 (10066)
• Alicante, Spain
Don't they look smart? I'm so pleased that you like your daughter-in-law and that you have welcomed her so lovingly into your family.
It was my husband before myself that first said I love you to her, its nice. Our family feels so complete.
@Juliaacv We love our daughter-in-law too.
What handsome men you have in your life! Wishing them many, many happy years together!
Thank you. I love them both very dearly and seeing them together like this I can see their love, I don't know if anyone else can, but I can and it makes my heart swell with happiness.
@Juliaacv, I know the feeling very well. The look in their eyes tells me everything I need to know, and that feeling is clearly love that they feel for each other.
What a beautiful picture of father and son. Wow 2 months already! I'm also very lucky to have a wonderful daughter in law.
Thank you. I like that picture, I can see the warmth and love in it. I think that we're very blessed to have such a kind-hearted, intelligent and fun-loving daughter-in-law. And she giggles! That's a huge bonus in a household where I was the only female and therefore the only giggler.
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice congratulations hope i can see the couple photo ?
Thank you, I'll try to load a photo of them.