How’s the craic? (How’s the crack?)

@sol_cee (13597)
Japan
I just watched the movie The Foreigner where Jackie Chan faced off with Pierce Brosnan. The latter played the role of the Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland with his authentic Irish brogue. Actually I googled that piece of information. Brosnan is originally from Ireland though his British accent as James Bond was convincing enough for me. I don’t want to dwell on the movie’s plot. What caught my attention was the Irish accent which is nasal and has a smoky lilt to it that kept me wanting for more. Which reminded me of Merida and her cohort in Pixar’s animated movie Brave. And talented actress Saoirse Ronan (pronounced as Ser-sha like inertia). And Ed Sheeran too. So I ended up YouTubing more of the Irish accent. So how's the craic?
@MarymargII (8348)
• Toronto, Ontario
There's been lots of Irish accents floating around TV and the movies lately. The Netflix hit Peaky Binders has a slew of them. My husband is watching that series but it is way too violent for me. Lots of Northern Irish accents in that one though.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
Peaky Binders. Interesting title.
• Toronto, Ontario
@sol_cee Actually it's Peaky Blinders and it's on Netflix. Very excellent but a little violent for me.
Sounds like a movie I would like to watch. I also enjoy Irish accents, I used to work in a multi cultural company and the receptionist was Irish. I am also watching nowadays the Outlander on Netflix, and the Scottish accent fascinates me.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
The Outlander! Intriguing plot.
@sol_cee I actually loved the whole story.
• Lakewood, Colorado
The craic is brill here thanks Sherlocked - san. I grew up with this saying as my own Mother is born in Ireland.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
Omg! You’re the first real Irish I’ve spoken to.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sol_cee And you are the first real Japanese person I had spoken too as well
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
@TiarasOceanView Oh no Tiara-san. I'm not Japanese. haha
I have not seen it and probably won't but appreciate the small review of this film and I do like Pierce Brosnan . . .
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
He’s got more gray hair but still is handsome. ;)
@sol_cee oh definitely and did you ever see him in Mamma Mia with Meryl Streep and he sang songs ?
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
@enlightenedpsych2 timeless dance moves! Lol
I remember Saoirse from the movie "Hanna"-because of her accent(s) in that, I really had no idea she was Irish/American. I remember being a little surprised by Brosnan being Irish as well, because in movies like the Lawnmower Man his accent was convincing, and other roles...then seeing him in an interview, well, it was interesting. I am not really one to talk about accents though, because sometimes ppl ask me what country I was born in and what my first language was and I have to tell them uh I was born here.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
The last part is lol. ;)
@sol_cee oh I forgot to mention, the picture and the quote, loved it, I almost wanted to respond with "Stay thirsty, my friends";P
@JustBhem (22506)
• Davao, Philippines
I'm looking forward to watching that movie.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
Have you?
@JustBhem (22506)
• Davao, Philippines
@sol_cee It is not yet HD on the website where I use to watch movies online.
While I have no problems understand British accent, it's hard for me to understand Irish accent. I usually watch the movies in Italian or in French, those are the versions available here.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
Different accents, same language. Fascinating.
@sol_cee I am Italian we have so many different accents and some are difficult to understand.
@responsiveme (14414)
Haven't seen this one..Enjoy watching both of them.Loved PB's Remington Steel series
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
Googling...
@kepweng (6349)
thanks for sharing are thier are many people watch it in theaters its blockbusters??
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
What’s the question again?
I do enjoy the sound of an Irish accent. It is unique.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
Agree!
We surrounded by the Irish for several months this year and I loved their way with words and their accents. The accents did vary a lot and some I really had trouble understanding.
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
I can imagine myself being confused too. Lol
@Emmlex1000 (1511)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I love James Bond
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
Me too!