Jack Ma in the Philippines

Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba internet group and one of the wealthiest and most successful businessman in Asia, was in the Philippines yesterday. He responded to a request by a student leader in the prestigious De La Salle University in Manila. There, he shared to students many things about business and what people should have to be successful in a business. There were lots of quotable quotes like "a good boss is better than a good company," "don't be discouraged when people don't help you," and others about the role of learning in school and work and having long preparation in order to succeed. I think my favorite quote that day was "no matter how smart you are, if you don't learn to work with people, you will never succeed." I guess I can relate? Hahaha! His roots and his climb to success is something inspirational. I hope I can have even just a bit of success that Jack Ma has.
@mandala100 (25004)
@moonchild117 Thank you for this information my friend.
No problem. Glad you liked it.
@magallon (17127)
He was on the news last night.. He is an inspiring person with an inspiring story too.
That's true. He really climbed the ladder to success. He said before that he was a "bad student" and failed a lot of exams back then. But now, he's one of the most successful people in the world!
@magallon (17127)
@moonchild117 we really cannot tell every man's future. I just wish that I have the same luck as him...
@magallon That's true. When someone asked if how can one person be like him, he answered "Don't be like Jack Ma. Be yourself." So I guess luck will be our own doing.
I like his life story. He had failed to his first attempt business. But then, he had tried the other business and became successful.
Yes. He persevered and did not give up. That's a big factor in why he became successful in business and in life.
@moonchild117 I agree. He works hard.
@kepweng (5869)
i Only know jack ma as Founder of alibaba i thought its Nolt internet group its a Selling products like amazon or ebay right?? is he your idol?
Yes, Alibaba is like eBay or Amazon but I believe they have other smaller companies under its umbrella. Not exactly an idol, but I admire him because he has become successful in life. And I wanna be like that, too.
@Emmlex1000 (1249)
• Lagos, Nigeria
He has wisdom in his conversation
That's true. And I like that his advice is practical, anybody can do it if they just set their mind to it.
@bunnybon7 (32541)
• Holiday, Florida
sounds interesting. hope you manage it
@ilocosboy (31861)
I also heard he was disappointed with internet speed in our country. Not good for business especially alibaba which is net based.
Yes, he said that. But then he said that this was an opportunity for telcos to improve. I believe Smart and Globe released their statements after he said that.
@ilocosboy (31861)
still its a negative comment for telcos, and its up to the government now to allow other players here. Maybe Jack Ma can help.
@ilocosboy remember the time the local telcos stopped Telstra from entering the Philippines?
Would have loved to be there in person to hear him talk.
Me, too. I heard that selected guests were able to ask him a question directly. I just watched the video on DLSU's Facebook page. They posted the whole talk there.
@moonchild117 I do not have a FB account. i guess I'll view the video in YouTube.
@ebanreb (4064)
To be better in all your works you need to be good first.
You've got a point there. Can't skip steps to become successful, I guess.
@ebanreb (4064)
@moonchild117 Yeah you cant be better if you cant be good.
Very interesting man.
Yes, he is. And his life and business experience can be an inspiration for everybody.
@jobelbojel (4719)
He has an inspiring life story.
Yes, he does. He's really a success story, a self-made man. One to look up to.