What do you want to be when you grow up?

By Bhem
@JustBhem (37478)
Davao, Philippines
This is what I asked my nephew about the event they will be having today. And he said, he want's to be a Policeman, then he said he want's to be a Doctor, he keeps changing his mind. Then later on he said, he wants to be a Soldier. So there it is. A soldier. It took a whole day for us looking for a costume to wear for their event today, called Career Program. Thank God, my 3rd Brother has it. Now, before engaging to fixing him today. I still have time to Mylot. Their activity will be at 8:30 this morning. Do you happen to have this kind of activities in School with your kids? Again, the photo has nothing to do with my discussion. Photo grab from Google.com
@ridingbet (53191)
i have always wanted to be a nurse. my son also wants to be a teacher, but he had some ambitions when he was still in the elementary grades.
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, we cannot deprive them of what they want, right? I mean they have their own life and all we need to do as parents are to make it happen and always believe that they can make it. Did you read some of the comments here?
@ridingbet (53191)
@JustBhem why? what is wrong with the comments? they look fine for me.
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
It can be difficult fitting out a child for a particular character. I'm glad you were able to indulge your nephew.
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, and I know this is for the meantime. Because when they age, they will be the one to devour themselves to something they want. And all we have to do is stay beside them comfort and stay with them along the way.
@JustBhem The little ones change their minds many times before deciding on a career path - and even then many change their minds again and again.
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
@JudyEv Yes, because they don't know exactly what they are talking about. That is why, as guardians and parents, we should stay with them and of course guide them.
Kids are hardly ever sure what they want to be. Because they're just that.. kids. But it is nice to hear what kind of things theyd like to be at the moment.
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, exactly my point. I mean common, kids deserve to be kids, right?
@JustBhem yes they do.
My kids used to dress up for Halloween only, until they changed it to kindergarteners only. For career days, they got to visit doctors, courts, lawyers, etc. and ask questions. Glad a soldier's uniform was handy. Good luck to him!
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, thank God for my Brother.
@kepweng (15005)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
before i want to be a scientist or celebrity but my Destiny now is unemployed
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Hahaha. Before I want to be a Nurse or a Teacher, then a Cashier and a Banker. Now, I end up sick and unemployed too. Lol
@iridion9 (7313)
Teach him MATH and MATH and MATH over and over again. Until he likes it. and got addicted to it. Someday when he is going to graduate highschool he might change his mind to wanna be an ENGINEER. LOL Don't waste his life into being only a soldier?
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
And what wrong with being a Soldier? Aren't you proud of those soldiers who fought their lives for our country? And besides, he is only 4 years old.
@iridion9 (7313)
@JustBhem I like what you said this -- "I don't want to manipulate his life". thumbs up!!! Interesting if you dont' mind, what is your zodiac sign?
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
@iridion9 I'm a Cancer.
@sabtraversa (13338)
We never had this kind of activity. I would have needed at least three costumes for a day too. "But your costume is prettier! I want to become what you are now".
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Ahaha. And what are those?
@sabtraversa (13338)
@JustBhem Doctor, teacher and I would have appreciated policewoman too. Now I can only afford the sexy costumes for adults. My boyfriend prefers the nurse one though.
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
@sabtraversa Ahahaha. I am seeing the sexy part of being a nurse.
@peachpurple (12875)
I wanted to be a baker or a chef but failed because I studied the wrong subject; SCIENCE!!
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
And then what happened?
@peachpurple (12875)
@JustBhem I became a housewife !
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
This is quite interesting to seek opinion on the topic. Children will change their idea. It shows their exposure to the surroundings. This is really a good practice.
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, but we cannot tell what they really want, right? Because at the moment, they lack experiences and learning.
I dont have kids but sounds like a good activity
@JustBhem (37478)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, I will post some pictures here for later.
@prashu228 (25811)
Glad finally he choose one..lol..of class kids are like that, that makes them cute... hehe..