It Is Misleading!

@dodoazo (20300)
This Time It Is Misleading Before I wrote about "Not Misleading" which is on the manner why I changed my display username and profile, I explained it so as not to mislead my fellow myLot users. Now, I couldn't bear the trick of misleading anyone here of my post. What has been written in my title is being discussed and elaborated in the body. Since I got back on this after a month or so of hiatus of interacting, I had come across of tricky post titles, misleading title to attract readers. I prefer of not doing it. It's not a good practice. It's a deception. Are you doing it? How often do you mislead your readers, followers? Are you happy about it? Nobody could stop them. It's their style but I am afraid they'll be losing their credibility as a writer.
@JustBhem (39135)
• Davao, Philippines
I never write anything to mislead my reader. What you see is what you get. Is there a misleading post?
@dodoazo (20300)
Have not ever come across with it? Later on you will notice thar. It's too personal to pin point there here. Discover it by yourself.
@JustBhem (39135)
• Davao, Philippines
@dodoazo Haha. Well, maybe because I don't bother about it. I mean, we are here to interact and share ideas.
@dodoazo (20300)
@JustBhem it's good for by not employing that faking title writing.
@cttolledo (4849)
Maybe it is not a good manner, but honestly, sometimes, unpredictable stories or misleading titles entertained me, because sometimes, they made me laugh, they made me think and they made me wonder and left me hanging with the question,Oh, this person is different?. hehe
@dodoazo (20300)
That's true for we're here to interact whatever the post titles or post topics. But my point here is not a good writing practice or style.
@cttolledo (4849)
@dodoazo Yup that's true. But in this venue , I found those writings interesting! because sometimes same same old stories would make this site boring !
@dodoazo (20300)
@cttolledo as I stay here more, the more I learn dirty tricks of veteran users especially on the way they express their thoughts and experiences more so of their fake attention- getter title post.
I'm probably guilty of this sometimes as I try to come up with titles that encourage people to read the post.
@dodoazo (20300)
This is like labelling the container but its contents are different. Now, does it make sense?
@dodoazo Here is a link to one that you might call misleading. I think it is more that readers 'assume' they'll know what the post is about. What do you think?
Well, Vince's 70th birthday party is over and the house is just about back to normal. Eight of our stay-over guests left this morning and one friend will leave...
@dodoazo (20300)
@JudyEv it's a catchy title but it's not misleading. That's another form of entertaining writing. The content has to do with the title. What I mean here is that the title has nothing to do with the content. It's written to attract readers. For example, "The House Is on Fire", then the content is about his love life.
@ilocosboy (34377)
I never did misleading the readers. I'm not good in writing that kind of art.
@dodoazo (20300)
Keep that up. You'll have more readers and followers for that credible writing style.
@dpk262006 (56217)
I do not use deceptive titles to attract mylotters to respond to my posts.
I never wrote anything misleading, some do. If it's done in a sarcastic way it's funny, if it is to attract views is annoying, but it's not against the rules.
@sugartoes (41152)
• Greencastle, Indiana
sometimes you have to be creative to get the attention you want & I wouldn't call it misleading but creative thinking.
@dodoazo (20300)
That's what I like from a friend like you. You're inspiring me. Thanks.
@mandala100 (45874)
@dodoazo That's simple dishonesty my friend.
@dodoazo (20300)
I just call it "faking title". Probably it could be a form of dishonesty for they know what they're writing and they did it intentionally.