Can any expert bloggers help? Converting XML?

@Jackalyn (6654)
Oxford, England
I downloaded the xml files from my blogger blogs as a back up. I know XML is not a programme. What I do not understand is how to get the XML into a format that would convert back into the blog. Is it just a way of saving in a format that means I could upload it to blogger or can you convert the files so you can place them elsewhere? I hope this makes sense as I am confused.
@owlwings (39417)
• Cambridge, England
I have never tried using XML files as backups but it seemed logical to me that, if you could save your blogs as a set of XML files, you should also be able to restore them from those files. I'm not sure about the blog content (though I would expect a similar method) but here are instructions on restoring/changing the blog template. Make sure that you know what files are what first, of course. The template file contains the formatting and other details for the whole blog and will contain very little, if any, actual text.
Blogger is a free, customizable blogging platform you can use to share news and connect to readers across the Internet. While Blogger provides several pre-built themes to use, you can also create ...
@Jackalyn (6654)
• Oxford, England
Thanks. I will try this. I have no idea why blogger made it so hard!
You can upload the saved XML files directly into blogger. Here is, step by step instruction how to upload the XML.
@Jackalyn (6654)
• Oxford, England
No link? but that is what I wanted to know. If it will put the blog back into blogger I know the back up works. I guess I can find some place that says how on blogger. I just wanted to know I had a working back up.
@Jackalyn I am sorry, the tech guy was here to fix some things, I suppose I lost the Internet for a moment. I have found the link in my browser history.
@Jackalyn (6654)
• Oxford, England
@LadyDuck Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to know