Everyone's Favorite Day Of The Week

@Dena91 (4196)
When Mike and I worked at a public job we, like everyone else we looked forward to Friday's. It was payday and the weekend was close. Now that Mike is retired and I make up my own work schedule being self employed, we have every Friday off. We still love it as much as when we worked in the public sector. Today is going to be a quiet day spent at home getting caught up on a few chores. Mike is going to cook dinner, broiled fish and some type of veggies is on his menu. He loves to cook and I love to eat his cooking so it is a win win. For those who still have to punch in, I hope your work day goes well for you. For those like us who can enjoy quiet days at home, I hope you have a good day as well. Picture is from google. It's peaceful and those are my favorite days. No plans, just let the day unfold and enjoy the quietness of it. Have a blessed day friends.
My husband loves cooking too and now does virtually all our meals. As i'm not keen on cooking, I love the fact that he cooks. I do do all the cleaning up though,
@Dena91 (4196)
That is how we do it here as well. I do cook sometimes, Mike enjoys it so when he does I'll be his sous chef and prep what he needs.
@Dena91 That's my role too.
@FourWalls (13346)
I’ve accomplished my only goal, to get fried green tomatoes at Calhoun’s in Gatlinburg. I plan on a relaxing drive home, and if it takes me through Cumberland Gap, great!! If not, great!!!
@Dena91 (4196)
Beautiful area there. Use to drive through it going and coming home from visiting with Dad in Kentucky. One of our favorite places
@FourWalls (13346)
@Dena91 — happy to report I did take the detour. It was STUNNING on that pinnacle!!
Have a lovely and relaxing Friday yourself.
@Dena91 (4196)
Hope you have a good day friend.
@m_audrey6788 (13844)
Oh nice! Enjoying your friday together is something really good
@Dena91 (4196)
We're blessed to have this time to enjoy. Thankful he has been retired for a few years now. It's nice having him home. He worked and still does so hard. He deserves to enjoy his days as he chooses.
@Dena91 I agree and glad to know that both of you are enjoying life to the fullest as you both deserves it! God bless both of you!
@JESSY3236 (6289)
pretty picture. I have no plans this weekend either. I have to do laundry and get the mail today.
@Dena91 (4196)
I got our laundry caught up as well. I need to iron today. Always something to do which is a good thing. It means we have a home and for that I am thankful
What a beautiful serene picture. I would love to be sitting on that bench. I'm retired so I have every day off but I do remember those working years when I would be doing the dance of joy when Friday rolled around
@Dena91 (4196)
I loved this picture too. I could sit there and just meditate.
Friday right now I get out at 1:00 and I love it. But come tax season, it will be a full day. What a pretty picture you posted.
@nangayo (2340)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Friday is also the best for me. Have a great weekend.
Yes, it's a nice day to relax and enjoy the day. Have a blessed day.
@Dena91 (4196)
Hope that you are doing better this morning
@Dena91 I am, thank you.
Thank God it's Friday and, fish sounds good.
@Dena91 (4196)
It was good.
My husband and I are both retired, but Friday still has that happy feel for us.
@Dena91 (4196)
Same here. Even though we have most days off, I still work a couple days a week, there is something special about a Friday.
@studylove (2135)
I like Saturday because it is off on Sunday. What is your favorite day?
@Dena91 (4196)
Favorite day....probably Friday. Since Mike retired all days are my favorite, even though I still work a couple times a week
@ricki_911 (19285)
• Toronto, Ontario
Hope you enjoy your day off! I get today off.i am going for a hike then going to meet friends later for coffee.
@Dena91 (4196)
We need to go hiking again. We don't do as much in the summer time as we do in the fall and winter months.
Have a wonderful day too. What a lovely scene , I can imagine myself sitting there with a good novel or painting.
@Dena91 (4196)
If I could paint I would love to paint that scene. It looks like a lovely spot to just relax
What a joy that is for you to be able to enjoy your day. I love that as well.
@Dena91 (4196)
We are thankful everyday.