Am I To Be Blamed?

@dodoazo (21035)
This is actual experience while I was still a classroom teacher. It's early Monday morning. I was waiting for our service motorized tricycle to bring us to our school. A disheveled woman between 30 to 40 years old approached me and begged for money to buy her medicine as she showed her doctor's prescription to me. I had compassion with her.I gave my whole to her for the day and made myself absent from school. She left me with a smile. I smiled back too. I turned back and took for a walk heeding home. When I was about 15 meters away, I remembered that I forgot to inform my coteachers to let my pupils attend to their classes. I passed a wine store and saw the woman drinking a liquor. I was astounded and remorseful why I gave her my money. I passed her feeling guilty!
That's why I don't give cash. If they show me a prescription, I tell them I'll buy the meds for them. When they beg for money to buy food, I buy food for them but never cash.
@dodoazo (21035)
You're too clever. You are too smart .
@dodoazo I always considered money as a temptation for people to do evil things though they don't intend to.
@dodoazo (21035)
@toniganzon you're right. They want to have more monies.
This is the reason that I do not give alms to beggars. It isn't your fault that you trusted but next time, you should know better.
@dodoazo (21035)
When I give I give. It prompted me to give without conditions for it's better to give than to receive. Though I am remorseful of doing it but I never regretted it.
@dodoazo (21035)
@allen0187 Nothing to worry about. Thanks.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I would have said something to her & I would make her pay me back for what I gave her
@dodoazo (21035)
It's good you have the presence of mind. Mine I didn't have to do that for I pitied here.
@jobelbojel (7558)
It is good to give but when the person use it in nonsense stuff, it will be hurtful.
@dodoazo (21035)
That's true. But we couldn't control her.
@sallypup (28053)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You've got a big heart. I just wish stuff like this didn't happen to such good folks as you.
That's the danger of giving to beggars - we never know what they will use the money for.
@dodoazo (21035)
But my intention is to help her for her medicine, but instead I helped her for her vice.