Supposed friends that take advantage

@bunnybon7 (37645)
Holiday, Florida
When you are always being hospitable and helpful to someone and you need something now and then that they can do but they always have an excuse not to help does that make you suspicious of just what kind of friend they are? My daughter has these 2 girls that are a couple and 2 nights in a row they spent over here on her time off. Eating up the Halloween candy, eating dinner with us, and using the wifi, etc. they never bring anything, but I truly would not mind all that. except for the fact that a few weeks ago when daughter had to work all night and her bf was at his moms over night, we ask could one or both stay over with me. No, they had other plans. My daughter even went and helped them out when no one else could and they were stuck several miles away on the road and their car broke down. Like I said 2 nights over here and then last night daughter had to work and her bf had to spend the night at his moms to help her move last night and today. I asked them if they could come and just hang out here. they said they would but couldn't as they had a side job they was doing. whatever that means! This makes me feel very annoyed with them. Would you? maybe I am just wrong but I see no reason to be nice to someone when they just hang out taking advantage of your hospitality when it is only convienent for them. photo from pixabay free
@dgobucks226 (14260)
Friendship is essentially a partnership. Quote from Aristotle. This wise quote says these girls are not true friends. Friendship is not a one-way street!
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
exactly. you said that well.
@dgobucks226 , I so agree with you on this.
@dgobucks226 (14260)
@bunnybon7 Thanks!
I would not allow this.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
i try not to but since they are grown, can not tell my kids what to do now...lol
@bunnybon7 Yes I realize what you mean poor Brandy..we cant tell them once they are big.
Sounds to me that they are ttakers and not givers so I would have no use for them what so ever.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
thats how i feel
I am with you, users!
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
yes they are
Maybe they don't feel comfortable to be there when your daughter isn't. I know I would probably feel the same way if someone I didn't know well wanted me to come over and hang out. Even if I was good friends with the daughter. However, if they have been there a lot, that's different. They would be more comfortable and there's no reason why a simple request would get that kind of response.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
they have been here a lot. like i said they have talked with me a lot when daughter was here and she has helped them a lot and we have been hospitable to them. why could they not do us a small favor. i am not asking them to work. just be here. they are both girls and i am not a guy so why be uncomfortable?
@bunnybon7 They shouldn't be if they've been there a lot.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
@just4him i could understand if a man was here as they don't really like men much at all. but they tolerate my daughters bf that was not here either. i am alone again tonight.
• Pamplona, Spain
Just using people Bun that is what they are doing. I donĀ“t know what you can do but they are not being helpful at all. You have a right to feel annoyed with them too.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
thank you. see all my life i question if i am just being hateful or not. obviously i also seem to have a daughter that always lets some just use her. but since we live together, they are using me at the same time i feel
• Pamplona, Spain
@bunnybon7 Yes that is what they are doing. Bet they would not like it if you went to their house and did the same thing for sure.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
@lovinangelsinstead21 if i could i would show them how it feels but can not
They should be able to return some favours it seems.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
thats what i say. i mean i can not do much so i help financially. i expect a friend that is healthy to help with at least being there for you if nothing else
@bunnybon7 I hope you find someone who can stay over when it's needed
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
@paigea me too but no luck so far
I don't like selfish persons. I know some of my friends tended to take advantage of me. At first I really didn't mind it much. But as time goes by, I don't think it is right. A friend should not use another friend and this is not the friendship. It is more like business but it is not a fair deal anyway. So I don't keep in touch with this kind of friends anymore.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
me either but my daughter still seems to be learning about that unfortunately and i still live with her.
@bunnybon7 One day she will learn it.
@cahaya1983 (10037)
It would definitely bother me to have friends like that, but especially if it happens repeatedly.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
it has a lot. not as much now since i have stopped being as friendly but it still does.
@rubyriaz007 (4290)
You should never allow them to take advantage of you. You should avoid such friends. Friends should help each other in time of need. That is good friendship....
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
so true and i am always doing what i can. but lots don't these days
Sounds like people that are only in it for themselves.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
of course they are. so true
@1creekgirl (12455)
Been there, done that. You're right.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
thank you. you get it
I would not want anyone coming to hang out eating me out of house and home. if I needed help in any way I would find it the best way I could. It sure would not be with my daughter's friends. I also would not stop them from making side money if that was what they were doing. If I had a friend that was my age and I was always helping them out. I would feel they were using me. But my daughter's friends would not be hanging out here eating me out of food. That was one of the things we had issues with. I said they don't pay rent here they don't stay here. Bye
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
see i would not have minded the food and such if they would have been willing to reciprocate by being a good friend back. and when i said to daughter they are spending the nights but won't when you are gone she said they were not staying. yet it was 3 am one night and 4 am the next. they are not living here cause if they were they would be here the last 2 nights i have been alone. i can't do much about them visiting but i will no longer be nice to them
I would be annoyed with them. All taking and no giving is not the right thing to do.
@bunnybon7 (37645)
• Holiday, Florida
exactly how i feel. if i take i give something back if not financial then any other help i can do
Yes you are so right. That is showing no respect for anyone.
@Keibah (204)
• Nigeria
Probably they just come around when it is convenient for them. Some folks are just like that. They'd never go out of their way to help even when you do that for them.