Gruesome Halloween Displays in Stores

Copyright: stockbroker / 123RF Stock Photo
Oh it's that time of year! Halloween can be fun. It isn't my favorite holiday, but I do love seeing the small children and babies all dressed up. I enjoy giving out candy and I always comment on the trick-or-treater's costumes. Many folks enjoy decorating their homes and yards for the season too, and so much of it is very creative! I have no problem with that at all. Even the scary stuff. To each their own. I do have a problem with stores like Walmart, grocery stores, and other businesses having graphic, bloody, realistic displays, right near the entrance. Two examples: A few years ago, the Walmart near me had a very tall (about 7 feet) headless, bloody man, standing right inside the front door. He was holding his own head in his hands. The customers were forced to see it! It certainly could scare children or anyone else. Inappropriate in my opinion! They could've had a Halloween display that was friendlier to all types of customers. Yesterday, I went to a DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Thrift Store. They had something horrifying and bloody right inside their front door too. Yuck! I just think people should have a choice to see stuff like that, or not! And ESPECIALLY to be able to protect the little ones from being frightened. Maybe businesses could have a "scary" Halloween section, with a big sign, so shoppers could easily find those items or avoid that area of the store. What do you think?
@Emmlex1000 (1406)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I give them joy kisses
Sweet! Thanks for your comment @Emmlex1000.
• Lagos, Nigeria
I think it inappropriate for a business to display anything that is gruesome. Far too many people would be upset by that type of display.
Thank you @Corbin5.
@Corbin5, I'm really an easy-going person overall, but I did complain to a Walmart manager the year they had that tall headless man display. I haven't seen anything that bad at Walmart since then.
@tom_view (2960)
• Kolkata, India
agree with you.
Thanks very much @tom_view.
@tom_view (2960)
• Kolkata, India
@BloggerDi welcome
Agree with you that some people take Halloween too far. If it is just adults, then I guess it is fine. With children involved, I'd keep Halloween decorations fun.
Right @allen0187! Personally, I'd rather not see the really graphic/evil looking displays, but at least they don't traumatize me. Thanks for joining the discussion!
We don't tend to make much of Halloween in England, so don't come across the sort of thing you describe. It does sound as if those stores have gone too far.
Thanks for your input @jaboUK. I've heard a little about your Guy Fawkes day. I want to learn more about its origins.
@BloggerDi Guy Fawkes was one of the conspirators in the plot to blow up Parliament.
I agree with you. Young kids may not realize its fake i havent really seen any crazy displays
Thanks for your input @maezee.