Two trunk or treats and a dog playdate

My kids love dressing up for Halloween so they like to go to a lot of Halloween events. Friday night we went to a trunk or treat at a church. Saturday at 1pm we went to an ice cream shop that was having a Halloween event. They had some games, raffles, free ice cream and a trunk or treat. The best part was a little pony with a cowgirl hat on and decorations on her legs. The photo I posted I took of decorations there and edited. We went and got some groceries and my son spent some of his birthday money at Toys R Us. At 5 there was another big trunk or treat at the YMCA that was $1 donation per child. When we got home my ex asked if we wanted company. He brought his son and dog over and spent the night. His dog turned one yesterday so I gave her some treats. The puppy was terrified of her at first. She yelped and ran out of the room and wet on the carpet. I can see why really as the puppy has probably never seen a dog so big with her mother being small. My puppy is a little bigger then his dogs head lol. Once they adjusted they played together a bit and it was really cute. His dogs paws are big and heavy so that was more of a worry then her biting. Her tongue hangs out as she pants all the time and the puppy kept biting at it. I found a fully engorged tick in the living room this morning that I assume must have been on his dog :( Ticks are so bad here right now I flick a few a day off us just from my yard. I had a nice weekend and even though it’s not over yet it feels like it is as I have so much to do.
It sounds as if your family makes the most of Halloween. Yuck to the ticks
It was my late husbands favorite holiday. Its awesome my kids enjoy it so much as well.
Sounds like a fun time you had.
I had a wonderful weekend. I hope yours was good as well.
Sounds like you and your family had a great weekend.
My son was upset that my ex was staying the night so he went to bed over tired and miserable and woke up the same way but otherwise the weekend was wonderful and my son even did great catching up on his school work today!
@shaggin Oh that is great to hear that he got caught up on his school work. Sorry he was upset though.
More towns are holding Halloween events. Our town held an event at the firehouse with fireworks. Sounds like a fun time for you. A large tick like that isn't a deer tick, but gross just the same.
It was full of blood is why the tick looked so large. They are so disgusting. That is neat they had fireworks in your town for Halloween. I saw an event about an hour from me that was doing them as well but we didn’t go to it and it was the first time I had heard of fireworks on Halloween.
@shaggin My dog used to get those ticks. I had an all white kitchen and stepped on one. Omg!!! Blood all over everything. So gross! I suppose the fireworks were to help keep the kids off the streets.
@DianneN Ick my son asked if it would pop if we squeezed it so now I have an answer for him lol
Poor puppy, he had a scary moment with that big dog. I am glad your son had fun.
She is very nervous with new people and new animals but she does better then that usually. This was full on pain mode the equivalent with two days as it would be for humans to run away from a murderer lol
@shaggin I can imagine the puppy was stressed.
@LadyDuck It was so funny I keep giggling thinking about it. I so wish I had it on video to share.
Sounds like a really great weekend. What did the kids dress up as?
My son was a skeleton/evil pumpkin guy. He wanted it as it squeezed blood through the costume but after the first use it quit working so he is bummed about it.
@shaggin aww that stinks! What is he going to do about halloween now
@Courtlynn I cut off the pump part and tied off and taped the tubes so it won't work then he can still use it! We will know not to waste money on a costume like that again!
That sounds like an enjoyable, busy weekend. I am picturing the puppy nipping atvthe dog's tongue
It was really funny as the puppy is so fast she nips and retreats and was bouncing all over the couch. The bigger dog would get tired and just put her paws on the little one to hold her still like okay time out little one. We all got a pretty good chuckle out of watching it.
@shaggin They can be so entertaining. I love your picture!
@paigea Thank you :) Your the first one to say anything about the photo!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend, tick aside. It is great you all enjoyed Halloween to the fullest.
There was a half filled tick between my puppies toes I had to pull off a few days ago. I hate them they are so disgusting.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin Yes, they are disgusting,I am happy you saw it and got it off your little pup.
@Shellyann36 (8598)
Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. Glad you had fun. I see the ex-bf is flip-flopping again. MEN!!!
The ex wants a certain thing and I am not willing. He said it takes more then over night to be boyfriend and girlfriend well its been since August this has been going on so I don't consider that overnight at all. I see it as he wants the milk without buying the cow and I'm sick ot his commitment issues.
@shaggin Yep he is certainly not wanting to buy the cow but wants to enjoy that tall glass of milk. You have to put your foot down.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
A great weekend! Nice! Enjoy!
Thank you very much. I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!
@shaggin Welcome! Yes had a great weekend mylotting!
@Tina30219 (26314)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds like you had a fun day we went to a party and bar see my post for the picture of our costumes
Hmm I thought I saw your most recent post but it did not have a photo so I will go look for this costume post :)
Poor puppy! I guess at the start she felt a bit overwhelmed by the big dog.
She is so small and has probably never seen another dog so large before so I can understand that initial fear.. like a grizzly bear suddenly walking into my home how I would run screaming too ha ha
So glad the two dogs finally played a bit. We have found a tick or two on Molly this season.
So far I have only had one tick attached to me that had to be pulled off. No one else nor the animals have had any on them that I have seen thankfully. I flick a few off each day lately the ticks are just everywhere right now!
@Shellyann36 (8598)
Sounds like you all had fun. What a nice way to spend the weekend.