Mama Was a Burlesque Queen!

@UncleJoe (8099)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
After reading a post asking what our mothers did before marriage it reminded me of a story from my childhood. It wasn’t something I did, but something my older sister said when she was in grade school. Of course, with 5 kids, my mother was a housewife. That was almost like having 2 full-time jobs. Especially in the era when I grew up. It was either the 1st or 2nd Grade when Priscilla was asked what her mother did. My sister decided to answer with something that sounded a little more exotic. She had no idea what she was saying to the class when she announced that Mama was a burlesque queen. Nobody knows where she had heard the term but it certainly brought a lot of ‘ooh’s and “ah’s” from the teacher as well as the class. Mama said PTA meetings brought a lot of stares until the teacher finally told my mother what my sister had said.
• Eugene, Oregon
What a delightful tale!
@Kuttu_007 (1022)
Burlesque a new word...I've never heard this before..
I am glad the teacher told her. And surely teachers back then knew when Not to believe every thing out of a little girl's mouth.
@kepweng (5927)
nice thanks for the story is your mother still alive?? how old is she now?
adorable!
@Platespinner (18091)
• Austin, Texas
Hilarious!
. Out of the mouths of babes! My hairdresser introduces me to everyone as a pole dancer. lol
@1creekgirl (8367)
That is so cute. I guess your mom got that straightened out right quick!
that one was funny. My cousin was once asked at school who his mother was and he shouted his mother was the local actress Nora Aunor. Well Nora Aunor was a really famous award winning local actress. But of course she wasn't his mom. My aunt's name is Nora indeed but she's a lawyer and not an actress!
@FayeHazel (10881)
Oh my. What an imagination your sister had there. I've been doing burlesque for about a year now. Great art form