Evgeni Plushenko

@FayeHazel (19951)
On to obscure celebrities that I love -- enter Evgeni Plushenko : figure skater extraordinaire. He's won... I don't even know. A ton of medals and awards. I really enjoy his style - of course his amazing triple-jump combinations are worth noting, but more than that I love his choreographies, music choices, and his stylization - hand and arm moves. While his competition pieces were technically quite difficult and serious, his exhibition pieces were often strange and humorous. (For one he wore a costume that a female doll sewn on it - while skating he looked like he was dancing with her, for another he wore a women's costume, where he took a few pieces off and it became a men's costume.) As difficult as it was to choose which video to share with you (a funny one like I mentioned or not) I decided to share this one, which gives me goosebumps:
"Tribute to Vaslav Nijinsky" He earned across the board perfect 6.0s for artistic impression !!! (He received a total of seventy five 6.0s, which is the worl...
That was incredible. I don't know how he stayed upright after that last little bit.
@FayeHazel (19951)
I often find myself wondering at how they keep their joints alright after landing those jumps
@FayeHazel I wonder at what age they have to retire and whether they have joint problems later.
@FayeHazel (19951)
@JudyEv So true. I guess Plushenko was in his early 30s - due to back issues. Poor chap
Good Skater I am looking forward to the winter Olympics in February.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Oh yes, I'm happy about that too- it will make winter interesting
@Alian123 (443)
Oh he must be really good! I think I'm gonna look up some of his videos. I'm really curios about how great he is on ice
@FayeHazel (19951)
I hope you enjoy watching him as much as I do.... he's fascinating
@Alian123 (443)
@FayeHazel Fascinating indeed. I have watched it and he was just amazing
@FayeHazel (19951)
@Alian123 THis performance gives me chills! :-)
He is fantastic and amazing..love him Faye
@FayeHazel (19951)
We both have great taste! Are we related? :-)
He is such a fantastic skater. I hope he's back at the Olympics in February. I remember the doll one. He makes it look effortless and easy.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Very good point. He makes everything look so easy - that it's easy to overlook the technical skill of what he's doing
@FayeHazel Something the judges focus on anyway so we can just sit back and enjoy.
@YrNemo (14717)
I spent a bit of time reading about his biography (after reading your discussion, watching that clip you shared with us etc). His techniques are incredible.
@FayeHazel (19951)
I'm happy it interested you. He is fascinating, isn't he? I love the arm moves he adds in, his style... he's amazing
Love watching him. He is always incredible!!!!
@FayeHazel (19951)
I love that effortless style he has to him. Hypnotic
@kepweng (18623)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
thanks for sharing when your a kid you want to Skate too?
@FayeHazel (19951)
So welcome, thanks for reading. Yes - when I was young I would have loved to skate. Tried it, but alas I was no good at it. Did/do you skate?
@Chantiele (439)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I love watching figure skating as it is a stunning sport to watch. in fact, it is about the only sport I do watch as I love seeing the technique that the skaters have with their graceful moves.
@FayeHazel (19951)
I agree with you, I think it is one of the only sports that I enjoy as well. Athletic and artistic
He's really good, that's for sure.