How do you gauge ones success in mylot?

I have seen a lot of discussions saying how disappointed they are in mylot. They believed this site don't suit them or they're not just popular here and they're not earning according to the effort they have exerted. I am a successful mylotter! Why do I say that? Mylot hasn't given me a car, a house, or a job. I am a successful mylotter because I have gained a lot from here. Not monetary though. I gained friends, I gained lessons in life, I gained wisdom, experiences, knowledge about other countries, and I've learned over the years how to cope with our differences! I don't start discussions very often. But I read a lot from here. I read and interact as much as I can with the little time I have to spend here. I make the most of my time when I'm in mylot and that alone gives me joy.
I gauge my success on completing another day without being banned.
Now that one is what you call a real success! Congratulations for still being here.
@owlwings (39249)
• Cambridge, England
We can't get wealthy earning money here, but the rewards of friendship are wonderful!
And the things we learn here from other people is something that I truly appreciate!
@toniganzon I agree with all you stated!
@DianneN That's why we are still in mylot even though we are busy with our personal lives and activities. We always come back. Because we are having fun!
Just like me, I do not start many discussions, but I like to read and I had a lot from myLot. I have pleasure discussing with people, I consider many myLotters my friend. This is a great site to make friends and to open our mind to new horizons. I love it.
Over the years I have come to know you as someone who jumps from one discussion to another and interact with almost everybody. That's why we have been here for a long time. But many people don't get that and it's sad.
@toniganzon Some only write and wait to have people coming to their posts. This site does not work like this.
• Staten Island, New York
@LadyDuck I thought of maybe sharing my discussions on social media but the downside is that only members of mylot can respond to our discussions. And if that's the case there doesn't seem to be a point in sharing then because I doubt people will actually wanna sign up just to leave a response.
No-one will ever get rich here at least not in the monetary sense. But they will grow richer in knowledge and friends as you have found out.
It's just sad how some people misunderstood how we really earn in mylot.
@toniganzon Many people are desperate to earn some extra money which is fine but it is hardly likely to happen here.
@JudyEv Yeah it is and some even complain why they don't get a lot of interaction when in fact they have written so well. While others are writing only about their breakfast and yet they get a lot of interaction. I never compared my writings to others.
@ilocosboy (34325)
I can say mylot help me to replenish my English grammar
And that's something to be grateful for. You are learning and earning and that's already a lot!
@toniganzon earning from sharing and learning
@ilocosboy (34325)
yeah, and just so grateful about it. Earning here is nothing compare to my salary but still I'm here, making some interaction.
@alberello75 (17569)
• Genova, Italy
What I earn here, I do not even consider it. I often do not even reach the $ 5 per month. But I like to stay here on Mylot, to interact and discuss. Since I do not have real friends (ie friends I know personally). Here, however, I found a place where every user of Mylot is a friend of mine! Mylot for me is te site n°1
And that I have to agree with you. Remember our RO2 days? And I remember you struggling with English so many years back but you never really backed out. You never quit mylot.
@alberello75 (17569)
• Genova, Italy
@toniganzon Yes I remember RO2 was a milestone! By the way, at the time, Mylot worked differently. Many preferred it, Instead I prefer this new Mylot, Now no one is spamming anymore. Only earning by receiving feedback. So we have quality discussions and comments! Do you also agree?
@alberello75 Oh there are still a lot of spammers here.
• Austin, Texas
Every time I get an eMail saying I received $5, I consider it a MyLot success.
• Staten Island, New York
Since joining in 2015, I've only gotten two of those lol and another one for like $1.48 I think. In reality it's nothing but it's still nice to get something. I don't think I make anywhere close to $5/month in interest in my bank account. So this is like interest in a bank, only a bit higher.
That's wonderful!
@YrNemo (12662)
This is a good place for a quick chat then run when we are busy, vice versa if we have some time to kill. I quite enjoy reading and teasing people with good sense of humor here.
Hey Darcy! How have you been? It's fun to read those discussions that can make us laugh or smile. I love positive ones and stay away from the negative ones that can make me feel really bad.
@YrNemo OH dear Darcy! You've been outsmarted!
@YrNemo (12662)
@toniganzon I am sleepy most of the time these days. Maybe I will do that soon, sleep!
@ridingbet (53168)
i think i know someone who is now giving up on this site because the user has but a poor earning from the time he came up to this date. although it is said that myot pays us, it is actually the knowledge gained and the friendships acquired that makes one be successful here. in my nearly 2 years of being here, i could say i am learning more and more, but also gained some unfriendly types of persons.
Gaining unfriendly type of persons as you say, is a part of learning as well. That taught as to be aware of their personalities and how to deal with them. I do understand some people need money but mylot is not the place for that. It's never been for that.
@ridingbet (53168)
@toniganzon indeed. we get paid for only a fraction so we should not make this site as our earning station. i recall in bubblews where many Filipino bubblers resigned from their offline jobs to become full time bubblers, until the payment mode was regulated, so these Pinoy people regretted their actions.
@ridingbet And most of those who are disappointed in mylot are the ones earning a lot from bubblews. They were expecting the same from here.
@koopharper (6284)
Anyone coming to myLot to make their Internet fortune will be disappointed. This is a great community and anyone who doesn't think so just doesn't get it. If there is a good way to make money writing Internet content the gang here will be discussing it. Being a myLotter means friendships and good discussions. I would be here more if I could justify the time. I consider the time I do spend here well spent. I think I'm successful.
And I can say you are one successful mylotter.
@koopharper hahaha that's a cute blushing emoticon. But you know I wasn't flattering you. Most of the people who are really successful in mylot are those who enjoyed their time here and not really minding about their earnings.
@ebanreb (6447)
Gaining more friends is way better here. Mylot opened my eyes to many topics and discussions that might be helpful in the long run. Im also happy that I was able to communicate around the world. I believe the reason Mylot is created is to build bridges between nations and connecting every mylotter for a common purpose.
Mylot was even a bridge for people to find their true love here. Seven years ago, two Filipinos fell in love here and got married.
@ebanreb (6447)
@toniganzon wow amazing story. I guess I am two weeks old here
@ebanreb You are doing well with the numbers next to your name. I've been here for 7 years but I have made only 750 discussions of my own but as you can see next to my name I have made a lot of interaction. I have learned over the years that the secret to success in mylot is not only making a discussion. There are months when I don't and I would just interact with a lot of people and yet I gained the same thing.
@Daelii (5635)
I dont know. I admit I do check the earnings tab a few times. Its neat to see it go up. I'm here to make new friends and learn new things. I loved the old bubbles community because it was easy to see other crafty moms doing things. We could share craft projects and learn new things. It was very helpful and inspired me a lot. So im kinda looking for that here too. If I can cash out? cool it will go for craft supplies. if I don't? no worries I still learnt something and feel my time was spent for good things.
Money has never been a priority for me here but I do understand those who got motivated by seeing their earnings go up.
@Daelii (5635)
@toniganzon I'm not sure its real motivation for me yet (if ever). Its more or less a curiosity in when/if the first pay out will happen! I know a few people who are interested in joining if the site is legit so they keep asking about it! So maybe it will be more of a sigh of relief to go, "they paid, now shush and go write!" :)
@Daelii it's shush and go interact for me. I'm not someone who starts my own discussion. I like reading and interacting more, You will see me in other's discussion but you won't probably see me posting here as often as others do.
@Chantiele (440)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I would not say that I have gauged my success, but I have learned so much through other discussions.
Yeah, most people missed that learning point. They thought they didn't have to learn in mylot anymore. They just want to earn.
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@toniganzon Earning is a good thing, but actually learning about different countries, their traditions and other people are interesting.
@Chantiele That's why I'm here. I've learned a lot over the years and have broaden my mind because of what I've learned.
Same here twin sister - I know that I'm successful in myLot based on my personal standards.
I know. You are so like me.
@nangayo (2341)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I also don't start discussions that much. I mostly respond back to other discussions. I have also learnt a lot here and am willing to learn more.
I'm happy you are willing to learn more and not just earn more.
@nangayo (2341)
• Nairobi, Kenya
• Japan
(They believed this site don't suit them or they're not just popular here and they're not earning according to the effort they have exerted. ) this kind of people just want easy money without any effort and they give up soon maybe not only here even in their life. i also earn pretty better than others here. my main mission is not earning here but extra money is always good. i love here and people on mylot. cheers..
It's good to know why you're here and I believe you are going to last as long as mylot does. Good to see you here.
• Japan
@toniganzon thanks .sure i will stay here.i dont care 5$. why i complain about at my discussion is,today seriously i earned less. i just wonder if there is a some problem! thanks always..
@japanesesamurai I don't think there is. I still see my bank increasing every hour and it wasn't less than how it used to.
@pgntwo (21658)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
How is success defined? I think your post does a pretty good job of answering that question
Thank you.
@pgntwo (21658)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@toniganzon You are welcome.
@JustBhem (37455)
• Davao, Philippines
I am with you on this. And I think I read that post too. I remember that person commented badly on one of the members here.
I am not sure who you are referring to.
@JustBhem (37455)
• Davao, Philippines
@toniganzon Never mind. And I have read the post.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Great reasons to be here. I too am here for the Friendships and getting to interact with people no matter where they are from.
It's interesting to learn what others have to share. Especially when they talk about things we never knew before.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
Many of us here are not for money. People who are here for the earnings may not survive for much time as they know they won't get rich by the earnings from Mylot. I am also here as I like to interact with people. You know I had a chance to reach payout as I am at $4.8 but I didn't try hard today as my motive is not to earn money here.
I've never tried to reach payout every single month but then I just do because I love interacting and not just posting my own discussion.