Learning to Swim-Day 3

@KristenH (23303)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Two weeks ago, I've started my journey on taking a refresher course on learning the basics how to swim with my instructor at the gym. A little over a hour ago, I returned from class and had a good and productive workout in the pool at my local gym. First, I started off with a warm-up by kicking with the kickboard and did a lap Then, I've worked on my breathing with the front stroke and working on using my arms. I've progressed and gotten better in the past two weeks. I guess those practice laps I've done after water aerobics paid off tremendously. I'm almost there. I would give myself an A- so far. Then we worked on the backstroke some more. I did hit the wall and the swim lane barriers from time to time. This was with the water barbells and then without. I also had to clean my goggles from the water too. I also ended up swallowing water, when I dunked my head too deep in to the pool, and had a bit trouble breathing. Note to self: Practice breathing or buy nose plugs in the future. Although it was a bit of my strong suit last week, I would give myself a B for today. Then I've learned how to do the elementary backstroke, which was much bettter. No wall or lane barrier run-ins. I've done it twice without incident for a full lap in the pool. I would give mysel an A+ for it. On Thursday, we'll be working more on my breathing for the front stroke, my arms and breathing for the backstroke, and more on the elementary backstroke. Tomorrow, I'm going to practice doing half a lap of the freestyle and half a lap with the backstroke for Thursday's lesson, after water aerobics class.
Sounds like you've really been working at it. Lets hope you are able to give yourself and A+ in all strokes soon.
@KristenH Good luck with those.
@KristenH (23303)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@jaboUK Thanks.
Sounds like you're doing really well. I bet overall you are really enjoying it .
@KristenH (23303)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Pretty much. I am to get a feel for things.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
@KristenH (23303)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks TR. My back does feel better after a good swim.
@Emmlex1000 (1409)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Soon u will be well trained
@KristenH (23303)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Maybe. I have more lessons to go.
Soon you will get your mermaid certificate.
@KristenH (23303)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I'm not too sure about that John.
Just reading about swimming is fun for me..I love the water..glad you are doing so well Kristen
@KristenH (23303)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Aww Tiara. Thanks my friend. Me too. I'm not ready to do the lap pool yet.