Movie Review - Thor Ragnarok

photo taken by me The Footage pub sign Manchester
Preston, England
2017 – Spoiler alerts The third, best and by far the funniest Thor movie in the Marvel franchise. Many of the films have some injected humour but this is played as outright comedy for much of its length, and it works brilliantly. Thor’s sister, Death, played by Kate Blanchett, hamming it like an ultra-gothic feminized take on Emperor Ming (there are many Flash Gordon moments) is terrific, as is Jeff Goldblum as the sleazy Grandmaster, and clearly enjoying himself immensely. There is a great cameo for Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr Strange who is now so powerful that he really ought to have sorted the who problem of conquered Asgard instead of Thor. The Hulk is used terrifically too, and Mark Grufallo gets some of the best gags when he becomes Bruce Banner. There iss also a great new character Korg, while Tessa Thompson’s Valkeries is possibly a parody of Wonder Woman. The music is very well used with a rousing original score mixed with Led Zepellin’s Imigrant Song and most unexpectedly the Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory song Pure Imagination. Loki’s cod-Shakespearean play has Loki, Thor and Odin played deliberately badly by three other A List Hollywood actors – the whole thing is bordering on Pythonesque at times without failing to be a pretty good highly visual fantasy adventure at the same time. Arthur Chappell
They threw the Hulk in this one?
• Preston, England
@JohnRoberts yes he is quite central to the plot
Definitely the best Thor movie and Avengers movie so far in my opinion!
Sounds utterly fantastic Arthur!! Happy Halloween to you friend xo
A superhero comedy? Sounds like something I need to see.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 there are a few of them around - try Deadpool and The Return Of Captain Invincible which has this great song sung by Christopher Lee
musical scene from super hero parody "captain invincible".
@arthurchappell -That was great. Christopher Lee was awesome.
@wiLLmaH (8158)
• Singapore, Singapore
If someone asked me to see this movie again, I will not reject it.. haha! I am willing to spend money for one more ticket. :)
• Preston, England
@wiLLmaH hopefully whoever takes you will pay for you
@wiLLmaH (8158)
• Singapore, Singapore
@arthurchappell I hope so too
@lady1993 (16213)
I love the cameos of those A listers too That was definitely one of the highlights for me... and the part when Odin and his sons meet up. Valkyries are in the Norse mythology by the way, along with all the lead characters in Thor series.
• Preston, England
@lady1993 yes the Valkerie are very important in the myths - The Valkerie had her own comic strip with Marvel too
I cannot say that I am a fan of Thor, but judging by your review this movie sounds to be more interesting than I thought.
I'm not a fan of Thor so was expecting this film to be a bit yawnifying, but by 'eck, it was fabulous! I loved it.