October crockpot recipe report card

@KristenH (21124)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Happy Halloween to everyone here in the USA. Since it's officially feeling like fall and the end of the month, it's time for my monthly crockpot recipe card. My three redeemed crockpot recipes were sure hits and had no misses. 1. Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings (x2)--A-. Still tasted real good and hits the spot. I did use the right biscuits to use for the dumplings, though it didn't look like the photo on the website. It was good enough as it gets for now. Leftovers were yummy. 2. Crockpot Low-Carb Veggie Lasagna (x2)--A+. With just three layers, it tasted better this time around. Though my veggies were hard to cut into lasanga noodles, it did work out wonderfully for the layers. And leftovers were delicious as well! 3. Crockpot No-Boil Manicotti (x2)-A+. This time around, I've filled the noodles real well into the noodles without a problem. And the noodles were all the way soft and tender, though the dish did fall apart on the plate. Practice did make perfect. And leftovers were remarkably delicious too! My next round of redemption recipes would take place next spring. Now onward to November's four crockpot recipes that I'll be testing out next week, after I do a big grocery shopping trip this weekend. Since it's cold outside and Thanksgiving is around the corner, I'm doing a turkey dish or two, while my Thanksgiving plans are up in the air. 1. Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore---I love it cooked reguarly straight from the oven. I haven't had it in a long time too. I'm hoping, it would taste good in the crockpot with pasta too. I might start off with this one, next week! 2. Crockpot Turkey Bean Soup--This recipe sound good enough to try and has a bit of ground turkey. Perfect to warm up on a chilly fall evening. 3. Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Chowdown--This recipe has three different cheeses and also equires to make cornbread with it. 4. Crockpot Sweet Tortilla Soup--Another scrumptious soup with ground turkey and nothing spicy added for a cold fall evening. (I found this recipe from Pinterest.) There's one other lava cake from that website. I thought it has peanut butter, but it's with Snickers chocolate bars. So I might pass on it for now. That's on my crockpot dinner menu for November! Enjoy!
@Tina30219 (27177)
• Onaway, Michigan
Yum your recipes sound good
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks!
@Tina30219 (27177)
• Onaway, Michigan
@KristenH Your welcome
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
As long as I can replace chicken with turkey or rabbit, those recipes are a sure hit here at home too. Thanks Kristen and have a good Thanksgiving
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sure. You can replace any meat and make it delicious. Not sure about the rabbit though. Welcome. You too! I'll do my November recipe report card in a little over a week. I'll be plotitng my December recipes this weekend.
@KristenH I look forward to reading them then and yeah making RABBIT taste really good has been a challenge for me since finding out the meat is exceptionally healthy, for me and mum !
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@enlightenedpsych2 Thanks Erica. I'm not too sure if I could stomach rabbit though.
None of that sounds appetizing to me lol. Hope novembers are hits too
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sorry Courtney. You can't please everyone. Me too! What's wrong with soups and chicken dishes?
@KristenH don't eat soups, and only do plain chicken or shake n bake, chicken parm from one place, or spicy from wendys.
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Courtlynn Oh I see. ok. What about stews?
I'm going to make a couple of those goodies! Thanks
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
No problem.
I want to try to make the Tortilla Soup..I have decided I want to do some soups this Fall and I will likely use the crockpot for some..
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Go for it. I'll be happy to share you the link for the recipe.
• Portland, Connecticut
I do like to use my crockpot quite a lot myself, I try out new recipes when we are in Florida.
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Cool Belle. Go for it.
This is a good idea. We don't have a crockpot but I know a lot of people really love cooking with it.
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks. Bummer that you don't have one though.
I don't see why Redemption recipes #2 and 3 couldn't be done faster in the oven. Crock-potting pasta seems crazy to me. Just put it in a baking dish, bake at 375 until heated through/bubbly, and you are good. Why do the whole hours and hours thing? I love Chicken cacciatore. I just made it like 2 weeks ago in my Instant Pot and it was sooo good! My husband hates it so I almost never make it but I just love it.
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Well, these recipes were tailored for the crockpot only and not the oven alone from the same website. Not to me. It always comes out perfectly tender and not overcooked. Both pasta dishes lasted 2 hours in the crockpot and nothing more than that. Hours and hours thing? Cool NJ!
Sounds yummy.
@KristenH (21124)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks!