What things do you have on your work/study desk?

My stuff
Malaysia
I used to do my work at the dining table, or sometimes on the couch when I felt like watching TV too (talk about multitasking ). Recently though, I finally converted a corner in the apartment into my own work area (which is good because apparently the dining table got a tad too messy with my stuff). I haven't really put anything special to tart up my work corner yet but I plan to, later. So as you can see in the picture, right now those are the stuff I have on my desk. A laptop, pen and notebook, earphones, desk lamp and... my beloved Jeju carrot moisturising gel (okay that one's a bit out of place maybe). My phone's not in the picture obviously, had to use it to take the picture. Printer is still in the other room. What about you? What do you have on your desk?
A lot more things on my desktop because it's my working place. I have a big monitor (I use a tower computer), a scanner, a color laser printer, pens and papers, a pile of papers and forms, a few CDs and DVDs with programs I could need.
I'm still considering whether I should put the printer/scanner on my desk too. I don't like too many things on the desktop but it would be convenient to have it I think.
@cahaya1983 I have a very good scanner, because I am in the process to scan our old photos that are on slides. I have a separate printer, because we wanted a color laser, the ink jet replacements are too expensive.
@LadyDuck Ah okay, I have the 2-in-1 printer/scanner now.
I have the laptop on the dining table but I like working from the home office and its not cluttered at all
Yes I prefer not too have too many things on the desk otherwise it would look too cluttered.
@cahaya1983 For me its distracting
@andriaperry Same here. The only extra thing I would have is probably coffee or snacks
@sishy7 (27410)
You have such a neat work area. My desk is full of paper... I need to do something with all of this paperwork...
My desk is also full of papers and I can do nothing, I need those papers for my work.
Fortunately my work doesn't require me to have too many things on the desktop. When I was a student it was hard to even find a pen on the desk! Too messy
@LadyDuck Yeah I think it depends on the work we do. Some work require more items than others.
@ridingbet (38163)
our desktop here is just the monitor and the CPU below the desktop. a table lamp is attached to the right side of the table.
I haven't used a desktop PC since I became self-employed. I needed something more mobile so I prefer to use a laptop.
I have my desktop pc, my phone, my speakers, and my headphones on my work desk. That's it.
I suppose you don't do much writing on your work desk then?
@cahaya1983 I do but I put away all my notes and pens after I write.
@allen0187 That's good, helps to keep your desk away from clutter.
I have my working area in the room where the TV and computer are. As a matter of fact my computer sits on top of the desk with the telephone for the home and papers underneath the telephone and a stand for if want to put something to type on it. Also the modem sits on the edge of the desk and the speakers are there also.
I would like to have a home-office but the extra room in my apartment is being used as a guest room now. But having a corner in the main living area works well for me now.
@cahaya1983 There is also a couch in here so if someone did come stay with us they could stay in this room or take our bedroom and I could sleep in here.
@Hannihar Having a multi-purpose room sounds like a good idea.
@Micmac (6858)
I have my pc, printer, keyboard, mouse, headphones, calendar, pens, scissors, daily planner, glasses, clock, photos, recipe book and an assortment of papers, spring water bottle, lozenges, tissues. Actually, my desk looks a bit cluttered.
I'm tempted to put all sorts of things on mine, actually but afraid they would make the dekstop cluttered.
@Micmac (6858)
@cahaya1983 I tend to collect too much of odds and ends items on my desk and papers are scattered in heaps. It's difficult to find the important papers I need at times.
@Micmac Oh my desk was exactly like that when I was a student. Totally out of control, lol
@Bluedoll (16824)
I have wires. Although I like my pc it has wires. I always keep a pad and pencil close by. And of course my headphones. It has wires. I like that picture.
Thanks! That's a lot of wires. You don't use wire clips? That would help organize them a bit I think.
@Bluedoll (16824)
@cahaya1983 I use tangled wire knots method. Not so good.
@Bluedoll Okay that is REALLY a lot of wires.
I would be embarrassed to take a photo of our computer desk here . . . there are papers and things ALL over the place .
I'm hoping my desk would stay that way and that I won't end up putting more and more things on it!
@cahaya1983 If it looks like this, you must be so nice and neat!
@much2say Thank you!
@YrNemo (8765)
2 cell phones, 1pen, 2 pencils, 1 bag of Fisherman's Friend lozenges, 1 USB microSD adapter, 1 USB stick, 1 lipstick (why that one is here I have no clue!) and my laptop .
Are you sure you're not writing a product review about a lipstick? So funny how random things can end up on our work desk!
@YrNemo (8765)
@cahaya1983 More likely someone just picked it up from somewhere and brought it to me. I also found a bobby pin there, but I don't use it ever!
@YrNemo That's funny Sometimes when I'm cleaning the house I find things that had dropped on the floor and I'd put them on the desk temporarily. Probably that's the case with that bobby pin too hehe.
@cttolledo (2348)
• Batangas, Philippines
laptop, phone, desk calendar and extra monitor
Oh calendar, that's nice! I know some calendars have pretty designs and they make great desktop decor too
@cttolledo (2348)
• Batangas, Philippines
@cahaya1983 my calendar is just simple hahaha.. nothing special
@cttolledo I use the calendar on my phone more often. But I think having one on the desk is good too, more visual.
@ilocosboy (33306)
Not a lot of things, only laptop, speakers, headset, mobile phone and sometimes junk foods.
Having something to snack on while working sounds good to me
@ilocosboy (33306)
yeah, and junk foods sometimes fits the mood.
@ilocosboy I agree.
@RodrickH (1146)
I like the sentence on your notebook,no one can predict to what heights you can soar,it's insipiring us to move on.By the way,what's the model of the Dell laptop
Thanks! The cover captured my interest immediately when I saw it at the stationery store so I bought it. That's a Dell Inspiron Mini 10. I've been using it for about 7 years now.
@RodrickH (1146)
@cahaya1983 Yes,it's very mini,it's the kind I like,I would like to use thin laptop because it's easy to carry it from your home to your company
@RodrickH Yes I like how mobile it is too. I've always liked smaller ones.
It looks so nice and neat! I have my computer, laptop, iPad, iPhone, a steno pad, pen, printer, and a box of tissues on my desk.
Thanks! So you use both the desktop and laptop?
Your desk is clean. I just finished supper, so my plate is still here, the phone, my medication, water bottles, camera, miscellaneous papers - yes, it's a mess and crowded.
Thank you! I think I should probably have a bottle of water too, I definitely need to drink water more regularly.
@cahaya1983 I usually have 2-3 bottles of water here, and all that along with my monitor, keyboard, and computer. Oh, I forgot the clock radio is also in back of my phone. I do clear it off, just not often enough.
I don't have a desk, and my laptop stays on my lap. The table beside my chair has pens, notebook, TV remote control, and some water.
Can't blame you, that's why it's called laptop in the first place right?
@cahaya1983 Lol - true!
@Daveswami (195)
Food...
That sounds like a dining table to me. Unless you're a chef.
@cahaya1983 I sure am
@myhuka (129)
phone kettle computer cloth cat lamp
A cat! So cute. I hope your cat doesn't end up conquering the computer lol.
@1hopefulman (20487)
1hopefulman
A picture is worth a thousand words. The napkin is there because I sometimes eat as I'm on the Internet.
I like it! Oh yeah that reminds me, I should put a box of tissue or some napkins on the desk too. Never know when we'd need them!
@rubyriaz007 (2596)
I have a laptop, pens, notebook, a bottle of water, my mobile and earphones on my work table.
Good to keep yourself hydrated especially during hot weather (which means all the time, at least where I live )