Bummer...7 kids for trick or treat last night

Scar sits in loneliness waiting...
At least I didn't run out of candy. But I was sure I'd have more than 7...last year I had 13...but nope. The second kid...couldn't have been more than 4 years old...asked if he could 'water my lawn'...little bladder was a bit full...of course, I said yes. Scar wasn't too sure about all the strange hoomins...there was one little girl he thought might be interesting and allowed her to pet him, but he kept walking away from everyone else. Guess I shouldn't have bothered buying the extra candy yesterday. Oh well...guess I can save it for next year.
I didn't get any trick or treaters so I send all the candy home with my grand daughters. Love the picture of Scar. Too cute!
I don't know what it was about the young girl...maybe he figured she was small enough he could out-run her if she was dangerous
@JolietJake could be or maybe he just liked her. One of my cats just loves my grand daughter. He doesn't care for any othes kids but when she is around he is right there beside her wherever she goes.
@BarBaraPrz (21092)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake She must have been a cat whisperer.
You could easily eat it yourself.
I've already eaten more than I should...stupid diabetes
@JolietJake I forgot about that. Vince has Type 2 but so far I've escaped it. To show my support I always eat his chocolates.
@1creekgirl (12612)
@JudyEv You're a very giving and self-sacrificing wife to eat that candy for your husband.
@1creekgirl (12612)
Don't forget...a lot of candy can be frozen to eat later.
Yeah, but diabetes...I really shouldn't eat any...but I do
@1creekgirl (12612)
@JolietJake Bummer. Maybe it helps to spread it out?
@1creekgirl If I spread it fairly thin, it'll be okay, but I'll need to keep it put up out of site...I'm one of those 'seefood' people...if I see it, I eat it.
@Morleyhunt (21475)
Wow, 7 was a lot. We had 0 come to our door. Do you suppose the long driveway nd no lights on might have deterred them. (Our street was also closed to traffic for most of the day.)
@Morleyhunt (21475)
@JolietJake it's just as well no children came. I had forgotten to purchase candy.
I see that Scar is partial to whom can pet him. You will find a way to use the candies.
There are times he won't even let me pet him...he's a jerk
@JolietJake He looks a lot like Willy, he can barely accept a pet if he wants food.
At least you had some visitors. Too bad no one came with a pet in a costume on a leash I would have been interested in reading about Scar's reaction to that.
I think it was a 'bad' year for it here, I saw a few friends post on facebook that not many kids showed up for them either
@JolietJake it could be because of all those warning to look out for bad people giving contaminated candy and what not. So sad because it was always such a great time for kids. I remember my trick or treat days in the states my bag was always full.
It seems everyone got little action at the door. I think trick or treating as we knew it is coming to an end.
As I knew it ended long ago...down to 2 hours and one night, we used to have several nights
I didn't count but I'd guess that I had about 40. Still not enough for all of the candy I bought. You just never know from year to year how many are going to show up.
It was 7 more than I had in 2015, but 6 less than last year.
@crossbones27 (21980)
• Redlands, California
Sign of the times. People be scared to trick or treat these days. We had 3 groups of kids walk down our street. One with parents and they stopped at one house, but no one answered and they just went on to the next street after that. The other groups did not even stop at anyone's house on the street from what I saw anyway and was out there a good hour and a half.
I only expected kids of parents I know, but I thought I'd have a few more than I did.
You had 6 more then we did.
I didn't expect many, but I thought I would at least get as many as last year
@JolietJake For the children, I feel like it is dropping off. They are in school with kids from other cultures who do not partake in Halloween, so it becomes less of a thing for them. The older ones, sure, they know from years gone by what its all about. And the parents know. I remember 1 day when I was off of work, my husband took our sons mattress and box springs out into the hallway so that I could move his bed a bit and do a good cleaning. Boy, did we ever find a lot under that bed! We came across his mother-load of candy, which he got trick or treating a few weeks earlier. Seems like he didn't trust us did he?
@Juliaacv My sister mentioned last night that things were a lot different when we were younger...we had 3 nights to go out on, and almost everyone participated
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
'Save it'???? Oh hell no. 'Eat it' @JolietJake .
Just bring it on over darlin'
@nanette64 (18108)
• Fairfield, Texas
@JolietJake Oh lordy....help me!!
@BarBaraPrz (21092)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I didn't have any, but then, I had the lights off... I was having an off day. My neighbor told me last week not to buy too much candy as they only had 6 or 7 kids last year. I didn't hear any activity outside, so I don't know if there even were kids out.
My Boss lives in one of the nicer subdivisions, they had several hundred kids
@BarBaraPrz (21092)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake And that's probably where all the kids live, too.
Trick or treat! Can I have some leftover candies?
Water your lawn . With the way you solved your last candy problem, I don't think you're going to save the extra candy for next year or for next week for that matter . Too bad we can't do a candy trade on myLot !
@JESSY3236 (7617)
we don't have kids here. I kept Lily in yesterday. Today I let her out twice, but she came back in. lol
We had more trick or treaters than you but still had candy leftover.
We had 95 trick-or-treaters. The last ones to arrive got handfuls of candy due to us wanting to get rid of it. Late was lucky.
@Srbageldog (8253)
I didn't get any trick or treaters, but I'm not surprised. Even though we have a full neighborhood of kids, they never come to my door. I think they go to other, better neighborhoods to trick or treat.
I think they go to the more 'affluent' neighborhoods hoping for a bigger score
@JolietJake Yep. I used to go to nearby neighborhoods when I was a kid but that's because hardly anyone kept their lights on on my street. Now it seems common that parents just bus the kids to better neighborhoods to score more candy. We at least walked to the nearby neighborhoods when I was younger.
@Srbageldog Back in the late 60's-early 70's my sisters and I used to scour the town
I did not buy candy, not wanting the temptation in the house. I did not have any outside lights on. Some kids came by but it was so dark I could not tell much about them. I told them I had absolutely no candy in the house. I think that it was a problem in some places due to it being a school night.
We didnt have many either. Granted it was also like 25 degrees out here. Lol