My Husband, My Hero

@Morleyhunt (16752)
It's the little things. At the end of the day, a bucket of flowers or an extravagant card really don't tell the story. My husband can get into some of the romantic gestures, but he is too practical for much of those costly, short lived tokens. Just yesterday, he solved a huge (to me) problem that had developed in my kitchen. It seems so simple....but the lid to the cooking pot I use the most frequently broke. The welded handle fell apart. The handle could not be repaired. Without the lid (how can I remove the lid easily without the knob) the pan was useless. Yesterday, I came home from a long day of errands (involving my elderly father) I came home to a lid with a new knob. My ever practical husband purchased a special drill bit and replaced the old damaged knob with a wooden one. My husband is my hero....yet again.
See? Us guys are 'handy in the kitchen' occasionally.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
He's usually pretty good at problem solving. Sometimes it takes a little while...but eventually there is a solution.
@Morleyhunt It seems almost impossible to find the correct size lid for things for sale...especially for my cast iron skillet, everything is too big or too small.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
@JolietJake I've spent weeks checking thrift shops. I measure and search...no special trips, but when I'm nearby I check it out.
That was sweet of him! My husband would tell me to buy a new pot.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
My husband told me....it might be less expensive to buy a new pot....then he found out what the replacement would set him back....he's glad he repaired it.
@Morleyhunt good cookware is expensive. I have a set that I purchased 30+ years ago and when I look at what it would cost to get the same set today it makes my eyes bleed.
Awwww what a nice gesture!! You gotta love that!!
@Morleyhunt (16752)
He sure made my day. Now if only I could be home in time to cook a decent dinner.....
Such solutions mean a lot when it's your favourite pot. My Mum had a 'new' handle on a pot and it was half a wooden cotton-reel. It worked wonderfully well for years.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
I'm sure this knob will work for a long time.
@responsiveme (14438)
I agree totally
• Japan
what a lovely story!! i am happy about you ! my wife loves me too and i am so happy about that,maybe i am not a hero like your husband but i can cook like a chef.. lol
@Morleyhunt (16752)
a husband that cooks would be nice.
• Japan
@Morleyhunt thanks dear.
• Pamplona, Spain
Mine bought me two new tops for the lids that had also broken. They fit a treat and I had no idea that they exisisted as such because they are never on the shelves for you to see them.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
Those are the little things that make our guys so special.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Morleyhunt Yes indeed the little things that they do that is what makes them special.
@Ganma7 (2074)
Good guy a keeper
@Morleyhunt (16752)
No doubt about it. I have thought that he is a keeper since I first met him....back in 1974.
@Ganma7 (2074)
@Morleyhunt Mine is a keeper too. Married 33 years. Happy we both are blessed!
@cttolledo (2322)
• Batangas, Philippines
Wow so sweet husband of yours! God bless your journey as a couple!
@Morleyhunt (16752)
We've been walking the road together for almost 42 years.
@cttolledo (2322)
• Batangas, Philippines
@Morleyhunt wow really? just like my parents.. they're 44 years married already and still love each other so. much! by the way congratulations for 42 yrs married life, very rare reach that point.
That's awesome. You really do have a hero for a husband.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
He sure is. He has been so supportive while we are going through all the challenges with my elderly father.
@Morleyhunt That's great!
Well done. Congratulations to your husband.
@Morleyhunt That was the cherry on the top of the cake.
@ilocosboy (33293)
Now this is the reason why your relationship are still at strongest through the years.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
It will be 42 years later this month.
@ilocosboy (33293)
wow, congratulations.
You're so lucky to have such a thoughtful hubby.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
I am indeed blessed to have a thoughtful, understanding, tolerant, kind husband. He also gives great hugs when I need one.
Hugs are important @Morleyhunt
@ridingbet (38053)
that is great. good to know your husband is your hero.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
He is a great support.
Much better than flowers.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
Definitely better than flowers. The pan lid will last a lot longer.
That was very thoughtful. He is a keeper.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
He is a keeper. I'm so grateful that God has given me such a wonderful helpmate.
@UncleJoe (8608)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That does it! I just gotta get me a husband!
@Morleyhunt (16752)
they can be handy to have around.
He is definitely a keeper!!!
@Morleyhunt (16752)
I'm not passing him on. He's been my better half for almost 42 years. He's tolerated all the nonsense that goes with an elderly father/father inlaw.
@1creekgirl (8775)
They're the best kimd of heros, aren't they? He sounds a lot like my husband. He can be very romantic, but he shows his love in more practical ways. Like laying a brick walkway from the house to the garage so my feet won't get wet.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
We need to show our menfolk that we appreciate their efforts. I want my husband to know just how special he is.
I love the fact that you guys did not just throw it out and buy a new one and your husband found a way to fix it! I have a pan that my father welded a handle on. It is heavy so the pot won't stay upright if there isn't anything in it. I've had people pick on me and say to buy a new one but it still works so I am happy to have it to use. I hate sending things to the landfill.
@Morleyhunt (16752)
We usually try to fix it.