I found this interesting and felt like sharing

I just read this news on Yahoo a rare kind of birth and thought you might like it too. I wonder if they could be called twins.
The two boys were placed on a ventilator at birth but doctors said their chances of survival were zero. Twins born with two heads, but sharing one body, are known as dicephalic parapagus. It affects around one in a million births.
@pumpkinjam (5801)
The doctors said these children had no chance of survival but there have been similar cases where the twins survived (and still survive) into adulthood. I would assume, though, that likelihood of survival would depend on exactly which body parts/internal organs are shared. It must have been devastating for the family to experience the loss of their newborns.
Devastating no doubt but in the interest of those kids parents would have had no alternative but to accept their loss.
That is very sad indeed. The parents would be devastated.
In a way it is good that they are no more. How would they cope with this deformity?
@allknowing I think it is good too. It would have been horrendous trying to bring them up.
One in a million is still to often
That is just an expression I suppose.
@allknowing yep but just so sad it ever happens
@kiran8 (15388)
• Mangalore, India
There have been many such cases in India. I have seen two young girls joined at the hips but one body with two heads would be very rare.
The two heads and one body is kind of rare I think.
That is definitely a rare birth. It is so sad they did not survive, but I am not sure much could have been done to make their lives better if they had survived.
The only purpose would have been that parents could earn from exhibiting them and that's it.
@1creekgirl (11930)
That is so very sad. Poor little ones. But they will be healthy and whole in heaven.
Strange that parents wanted them to live. Little do they know how difficult it would have been for their children to carry on.
Amazing.! I really can't say what is best for that family.
As I have already commented in the interest of those kids parents should accept their loss.
I consider it a blessing that they/he didn't survive. Sad for the family though.
I too feel the same.
Poor family. It would be so sad to go through that.