One month without work taught me a lot of things

Pasay, Philippines
Let me share you guys my insights about the past three weeks without having work. I always believe that having material things means happiness. (I'm a Taurus, very materialistic, forgive me) To be honest that is one of the reasons I worked very hard over the decade. And when I still had work, I gave my husband lots of presents as he got nothing before we met which makes me more determined to work because I wanted to give him everything that he didn't experienced or had before. My husband has work, don't get me wrong. He works to feed me and my children. I work for the bills (ours and the in-laws because we're still staying here. He hasn't decided to leave from here yet). But when my health deteriorated, I forced myself to resign. Also to free myself from stress. But then I felt that I was useless by not contributing money to our family. Even the smallest things like giving a gift worries me because I don't have the money conpared before. I am pretty sure you will agree to me that if you have the money, you wouldn't worry about giving gifts. You wouldn't even have to worry about the price One thing that I learned for the past few weeks is we shouldn't need to spend money lavishly. A dinner with the family is enough. Spending time at home hanging out is enough. Cooking food for my family is a bliss (since I personally don't know how to cook. I only know computer stuff) I saw him happy, and seeing him happy is enough for me, too. Let me know your thoughts. I will answer it truthfully as much as I can. Thanks in advance and happy mylotting!
@cherriefic (4279)
• Baguio, Philippines
We all need money to survive. But happiness is one thing money can't buy. You're lucky to stay home with your family. Not everyone have the luxury to do that.
• Pasay, Philippines
I really appreciate your insights. All I would need is to stay at home with my kids and do some part-time tasks online. What's important is I am at home with my family doing my job as a housewife.
@Juilee (296)
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sometimes your health comes first because what you earn at your job might not even cover the hospital bills. Especially if you work in the restaurant industry, you can easily get gastric from that job because of your eating schedule had to be opposite of everyone else. You can still earn money without having a job though.
• Pasay, Philippines
I agree! Health is far more important than wealth. I've just realized it as days passed by. I have to spend more time with my kids now, especially they're now toodlers. I know they need me to guide them as they grow up.
Money is a great help but you cannot replace family time. Spending time with the family is priceless, especially with children.
• Pasay, Philippines
Thank you so much. I admit it is the most crucial time for me to stay with my kids at home. I need to guide them every single time. That's why I figured I need to quit my current job because it requires my full attention with the family. Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts!
Having money is nice, do not get me wrong. But stressing about how much you need or want to have is not worth it. I am not rich by any means, but I have enough to satisfy myself and my family.
• Pasay, Philippines
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this. My idea of happiness before when I got married was getting a high paying job and earn more money. It changed when I got a family
Money does ease stress, but we put way too much importance on having it, that is for sure.
@prashu228 (22817)
I agree , money cannot give everything. Spending time with family is also important and gives more happiness..