Hail to the Month of November

Riga, Latvia
November was derived from the Latin word novem which means nine. In the ancient Roman calendar this was the ninth month of the year. The Zodiac signs for this month are Scorpio and Sagittarius. The flower is the chrysanthemum and the birthstone is topaz. Sagittarius in Latin means archer and its constellation is in the southern sky. It lies on the Zodiac between Capricorn and Scorpio. Chrysanthemums can also be called mums. Their name was derived from the Greek chrysos for gold and anthos for flower. This flower has been wronged because in some European countries the flower is symbolic of death and only used for funerals and cemeteries. I think it is a lovely flower too lovely to be associated with death. However in some countries chrysanthemums represent honesty and in the U.S. they are looked at as positive and cheerful. A typical topaz is yellow, pale gray, wine or reddish-orange, blue brown and symbolizes friendship. How many of you were born in November?
Music video by Guns N' Roses performing November Rain. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 6,894,036. (C) 1992 Guns N' Roses #VEVOCertified on June 24, 2012: http:...
My oldest sisters birthday is today. My grandson will be three on November 11th and my son will be 27 on November 29th. I also have a niece and nephew who have birthdays on the 5th.
• Pamplona, Spain
Wish her a very Happy Birthday then.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I will..thank you
• Riga, Latvia
@Happy2BeMe That is a lot of birthdays in November. Alright let's take the first Hope your sister had a wonderful birthday and may all her best wishes come true. My goodness your grandson will be three they sure grow like weeds. Before you know it they're grown.
Not me. I associate mums with parades.
• Riga, Latvia
Hip Hip Hooray @JohnRoberts
I am September born, but there is a birthday celebration later for my nephew who was born on November 1.
• Riga, Latvia
Hope your nephew had a Happy Birthday @Kandae11
Chrissies (mums) have a special significance here on Mothers Day and will be on offer in many shops. I wonder if they are associated with Mothers Day because of the 'mums' thing.
• Riga, Latvia
That is an interesting idea and I believe you are right @JudyEv I checked it out and take a look at this link.
Why Mother’s Day and Why Chrysanthemums? Why Mother’s Day and why Chrysanthemums? We often take regular events for granted, not knowing their origin or how related elements are connected, and Moth
Yes, I was born in November and so was Patsie @Hatley.
• Pamplona, Spain
I have friends born in November specially the first of November like today. I love topaz blue colour just like the depths of the sea. I like the flower too but not as much as roses or sunflowers.
I do like mums, but I do have a hard time keeping them alive for an extended period of time.
@dgobucks226 (11612)
My cousin was born in November. Thanks for all the November info! Mums are very pretty flowers I always buy them for my front porch.
• Riga, Latvia
I love the way these flowers look on front porches @dgobucks226
@dgobucks226 (11612)
@RasmaSandra Yes, the variety of colors they come in are so perfect for Autumn.
• Rochester, New York
I love the song November Rain. It always brings tears to my eyes.
• Riga, Latvia
Yes, that has long been a favorite of mine @LisaSteinmetz
@sueznewz2 (9883)
• Alicante, Spain
no... I did not know that... thanks for sharing... I love chrysanthemums... my dad and one of my brothers were born in November
Not I! Two sis-in-laws have November birthdays.