Priest Said Wearing Scary Costume Is Not Good

@ilocosboy (37392)
Todos Los Santos (All Soul's Day) is almost over now, and so with the Halloween special. But while some people enjoy wearing those scary costumes, masks and make-up but not to some. A Catholic priest said its not good to wear this scary costume because it invites the bad spirits and could lead to possession. Fr. Marius Roque of Archdiocese of San Fernando said this. He was with other priests discouraging wearing scary costumes during this time. Maybe this is one of the reason why Halloween is not a widely practice in the country. Well, we have different opinions about this.
A Catholic priest-exorcist is discouraging the donning of frightening costumes and ghost hunting for Halloween, saying this could lead to diabolical possession.
@Jackalyn (6859)
• Oxford, England
I don't know I would go as far, but as a Christian I do not celebrate Halloween either. Never have and never will.
@ilocosboy (37392)
Yeah maybe it is not a Christian practice after all
@Jackalyn (6859)
• Oxford, England
@ilocosboy No, as a Minister I have to say it is not because it glorifies the defeated.
@tzwrites (4954)
@ilocosboy It is a Pagan tradition, so no need for Christians to freak out about it.
@ridingbet (59511)
we don't practice halloween here too. maybe the small kids did in the SM super mall but no kid from our neighbors went there.
@ilocosboy (37392)
but in the next years I think halloween will become a practice mostly in the regions.
@ridingbet (59511)
@ilocosboy maybe all saints day.this is a legal holiday as well.
@ilocosboy (37392)
its legal in our country but not in other country. Maybe this is just another tradition passed onto us by Spaniards, well it is Todos Los Santos, isn't it? But I don't know if it is being observed in Spain
@magallon (18119)
In other countries, Halloween is really observed or practiced by wearing scary costumes and parading all over their town. MY children grew up without even trying to wear these scary costumes. Personally, I do not agree to that idea. I think it is better if we will just Pray and remember the souls of our departed family members.
@ilocosboy (37392)
yeah it is becoming a festival now which is not supposed to be because it was not intended for this matter.
@magallon (18119)
@ilocosboy Even the trick or treat for children are being given importance here in the city especially in the offices.Children really dress up for the occasion.
@ilocosboy (37392)
how they'd dress? It would also be great if they have costumes for angels and saints.
@eileenleyva (10984)
Monster and zombie costumes are ugly. Depicts evil per se. Why wear something ugly and evil. It attracts the devil.
@ilocosboy (37392)
Why parents don't encourage their children to wear angels and saints dresses.
@eileenleyva (10984)
@ilocosboy In our Parish Chruch, a procession of saints is held every 21 October. Some come as angels.
@ilocosboy (37392)
That's the better celebration
@prashu228 (25504)
Hmm it's not a problem as long as it's fun..so people should change their views
@ilocosboy (37392)
Time is changing and so with the ways of life.
@pitsipeahie (2246)
They encourage parents to dress their children as saints instead; so that we teach children that Nov.1 is All Saints day and they get to know about the saints; that they are their example.
@ilocosboy (37392)
this is the good practice to do by letting their children to dress saints and angels instead of zombies and vampires and witch. So sad only few are doing this.
@tzwrites (4954)
I don't agree with the church at all. They are always attempting to control the population.
@averygirl72 (16617)
I used to dislike this practice but now my point of view change. I think it's just for fun. We find them funny as they try to scare us. I actually like it
@ilocosboy (37392)
yeah, people have different point of view about this practice, somehow my reason is also changing.
@averygirl72 (16617)
@ilocosboy I use to be conservative and religious many years ago but now it's changing. Priest should not be so serious about it. Just look at it as something to make fun of ourselves
@ilocosboy (37392)
yeah, just like the way of life now, we used not to like halloween but now its now our practice.
@denadej (79)
• Smila, Ukraine
Maybe I agree with priest that it's scarying cloth. I don't use them anyway, some people like to celebrate their party being such extraudinary.
@ilocosboy (37392)
with this discussion I just found out many of us are not really comfortable using scary clothes during Halloween season.
@cttolledo (5054)
Really? first time to know that priest discourages wearing hallowen costumes.. I totally disagree on that. Costumes are just symbols of the event to ignite people's drive to celebrate all souls day.
@ilocosboy (37392)
Many priests are discouraging people to not wear these costumes.
@acelawrites (12285)
Some children dress up as saints on All Saints' Day and they join parades inside the church premises. It's a nice one!
@ilocosboy (37392)
It should be, children wear angels and saints and zombies and demons
That I do not believe in. I think scary costumes are just for fun and nothing else. Having said that I did once read about people making a scary movie and the movie wound up being cursed with actors dying and the movie never got made. Forgot which one it was. So who knows.
@ilocosboy (37392)
well, the priests are promoting that instead of using scary costumes during this season, it should be angel's and saint's dresses.
@nangayo (2325)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I think the dressing of scary costumes tend to send a scary message and they tend to look develish.
@ilocosboy (37392)
this is the reason some people are not in favor of using this.