What a Stupid Music Teacher!

@dodoazo (19684)
I was beginning to read musical notes as taught by our cute and lovely teacher. I loved how the notes were created to form a good melody. Since I knew a little how to play the guitar, I tried to compose and write song as inspired by my newfound coed who was just transferred from a private school. I plotted the different notes to the staff and started reading, singing while I strummed the guitar. I needed to be critiqued this so that I could improve it. I presented it to the music of our school. She's surprised that I compose a song. She played it on the piano after it she returned it to me without any suggestions. I asked her what's wrong. "It's repetitive!"'she replied and shooed me away. That's 48 years ago. I have still a copy of that musical score. It's already wornout.
Some teachers are not very good, instead of encouraging and giving advice they are jealous.
When I too piano lessons I had a good teacher but she was not always very patient and really hated it when I had not practiced my lesson.
@dodoazo (19684)
Patience and practice are the basic requirement to know and master piano skill.
@peachpurple (12875)
Some teachers could not comprehend that students are better than them.
@dodoazo (19684)
I never have been given a chance to develpo my talent.
@peachpurple (12875)
@dodoazo some teachers are biased and selfish, they think they are better than us, refused to accept our talents, throw a wet blanket over our abilities
@dodoazo (19684)
@peachpurple That;s what happened to me. I didn't know what to do. I thought someday I could be a good composer for I had already told some of my best friend or classmate that I would write songs. But it turned out the other way. I became a writer.
The music teacher does not sound like a very good music teacher. I would think she would have worked with you to improve the piece or praise you if the piece of music needed no corrections.
@dodoazo (19684)
I know she's a good music teacher, a good pianist, a good singer vocalist. She's just jealous for me For youngman like me with just a basic musical notes reading and notation, I could compose a song by just using my guitar and plotted those notes on the music score.