Lets talk about First Date

Nairobi, Kenya
Is it true that when going out for the first date, you should be there on agreed time. What impression is created by being late? pic courtesy of pixabay
@nomus24g (16462)
I never dated
• Nairobi, Kenya
@nomus24g really?
@nomus24g (16462)
@phyllis001 is it compulsory to date in life?? I mean who said so
• Nairobi, Kenya
@nomus24g it is not, but i thought it is part of development
@YrNemo (8711)
No clue. But guess guys are always supposed to wait for girls a bit? say up to 30 minutes ? (Not the other way around however! )
• Nairobi, Kenya
@YrNemo... not so sure of this
@YrNemo (8711)
• Preston, England
I'm very keen on punctuality - being late with me without an explanation, apology or attempt to contact me to tell me is a deal breaker
• Nairobi, Kenya
this is quite straightforward....or maybe judgmental abit
• Preston, England
@phyllis001 posibly judgemental but so many people keep me waiting that it gets scary and annoying
@ARN4567 (118)
I wouldn't mind if my first date partner is late or not on time, the fact that he/she arrives is already a big sign of her/his effort to come, and share also your effort by being understanding and patient... It's a two way traffic...I'll scratch your back and you'll scratch my back too...lovely isn't it...
Being late would not work out well for a first date, I would think.
• Fulton, New York
I personally like to be early. I like to set the time a half an hour before the actual time to be there simply because I'm usually late if I don't. If my date shows up late then it makes me feel like they're not interested or eager to spend time with me. Might be insecurities, I don't know
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Hpnerdy This is wise because you create a good impression of the eagerness to meet the other person... it shows anticipation
@cttolledo (2322)
• Batangas, Philippines
Lack of perseverance, thats my impression. which is very important for a girl to have in decision making to give a guy a chance
• Nairobi, Kenya
OOh.. this is another version of it which i have not thought of
@Paige32 (1674)
First impressions last for a long time. And while people are more forgiving of any faults on first dates, the negative impression would still have been created.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Paige32 yes, this is my opinion too tha first impression goes a long way and more so never changes
@A_loves_B (1417)
Not for me. When going out for the first date, my boyfriend should pick me up on time. He never complained if he had to wait for me getting dressed.
• Nairobi, Kenya
wow that was pretty cool of him
@phillyguy (3008)
I think it's quite obvious, being there on agreed time meant you are respecting the other party's time but of course there are certain things that are out of our control that being late on a date or on anything in general cant be avoided
@Shortail (674)
not really, I think much better to come late, you already have a topic to talk to. specially during the first date, LOL.. but not too much late.
@mohit459 (2937)
• Haldwani, India
I haven't went to a date yet!....