Next Step~~ Into the Dark- Daylight Savings Time

Toronto, Ontario
Well this coming weekend (November 4) I believe, we will be turning our clocks back an hour! This forces us to face relative darkness from around 5:00 pm onward. Then it gets even earlier as we march toward the shortest day of the year-----December 21! Ooh I'm sad and feel like fleeing to a lighter place where the sun shines till at least 7 pm. But alas, I can't! I know this ancient ritual serves some poor souls somewhere, but not me. Canada and the USA experience this tortuous and ancient practice but not sure about my friends in Europe, Asia and Australia?? Time to throw out the sunglasses and purchase a sunlamp folks... something dark and depressing this way comes! (At least they did shorten this event to a better length of time- from November to March~~ It used to be from October to April!!) Thank God for this small mercy! Pixabay Free Images
We have to put our mind to make the best of it.
• Toronto, Ontario
haha! Yes. At least it's shorter now and not till April.
@sueznewz2 (9999)
• Alicante, Spain
we are very fortunate here in spain the sun risesxdt 7.50am and sets around 18.15pm... and with lovely sunlight and warmth through the day.... ... not gloating...just saying
• Toronto, Ontario
Do you have a Daylight Saving situation at all? Or do you just continue as you do all year?
@sueznewz2 (9999)
• Alicante, Spain
@MarymargII yes we do... we put the clocks back last weekend..
• Toronto, Ontario
@sueznewz2 Oh really susan? But I get it- your location still gives you warm sun until 6:15. Here it will get dark as early as 4:45pm by Christmas and then climb back up to 5-ish and beyond. Brrr!
I hate when we have to change the clocks and it gets dark so early.
• Toronto, Ontario
I know I think everyone feels like that- he-l-l-l-p!! ha!
I really hate when it gets dark so early, it is a dreary time of year.
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes it is- kind of makes you feel like sleeping early!
@LeaPea2417 (20471)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like the longer days of Summer. I will miss it til it comes again.
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, me too- but in Georgia when does it get dark in the summer.
But it does not mean that we all have to be depressed. We just have to adjust our time so to get out in the sun each day.
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, and I try too- but I still don't like it much!
@cahaya1983 (10053)
We don't have daylight saving here but lately it gets dark earlier than before.
I dislike the time change. A pain.
The only reason anyone really needs it is if they have a business and they want to reduce the amount of energy they use to light their offices. I never actually set my kitchen clock back, it remains at the same setting for summer. Naturally my cell and PC automatically reset their inner clocks. I really hate messing around with time.
They only changed it one week either way. So not a huge time difference in that respect. Yes, I've been talking to the guys at the pool about it. I don't want to move the clock the wrong way.
@shivamani10 (11232)
• Hyderabad, India
This is happening so early this year?
Dang this happens already?!