“Have you ever read a story that has been handed down through generations?”

I am not that too sentimental person. But I love keeping things given by someone as a keepsake. Personally speaking, I have some biography books given by the authors. I was so amazed that they were able to put their lives in details while reading them. They will definitely pass on these books from one generation to another. It is also a big plus to share the writings of their lives to the readers. It was so frustrating that I haven’t published my first book at the time being in Tajikistan. The manuscript is still being used by the local people whom I had trained there. Hopefully, I can able to complete the needed illustrations and be published in the future. Did you read a story that has been handed to you personally? Image Credit: pixabay.com
@YrNemo (8585)
I am keeping a sort of journal here, with the request from the writer to publish it for her. Problem is, she belonged to a big organization, and I might offend the people in that community if I did anything. Yes, I read it, and did share it with some friends. A journal of the second WW.
Wow! I hope I can have a copy of that. The only thing I read about WW is 'The Diary of a Young Girl.'
@YrNemo (8585)
@Shavkat This is a good one, Everything was told from the eye of a young Roman Catholic nun. She lived to the age of 83. (A very cheerful Irish sister!)
@YrNemo That's nice to hear. Her story seems so interesting.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
That is so cool/interesting that you have written a manual that is needed for training purposes, Shavkat! I have never done something like that. I am not sure I am understanding what you are asking in this discussion... sorry about that. I do read manuscripts (and proofread and edit them) given to me by friends and clients before they are sent to a publisher. (I have been hired by people who have read books I have proofread/edited or who have been told by former clients to contact me to help them finish preparing their manuscript(s) before publication. Is this what you are asking?) I see you are needing help with illustrations for your manual. That is not something I can help you with but I am curious what sites you have searched for an illustrator? (It is not my business, so please don't tell me if I am prying too much into your business. Thanks.)
That's the downside. I cannot even find an illustrator online. I am still in search offline. But then, some of these illustrators cost an arm and a leg. I cannot afford to avail their service. I am not going to give up and it will come soon.
@DaddyEvil (22403)
@Shavkat Yes, illustrators are usually not cheap. I wish you much luck in finding one to help you with your book! If I knew one, I would tell you.
@DaddyEvil Thanks for the help in advance. Don't worry, I will find harder. I just need to deal with my evil relatives.
@ridingbet (37917)
no, none, really.
How are you, kabsat? If I can just finish my book, I will send it to you a copy.
@ridingbet (37917)
@Shavkat really, kabsat? i am looking forward to that. shall i send you my email address or my home address?
@ridingbet Hahaha I thought you add me on Fb.lol
@kakah87 (294)
• Semarang, Indonesia
Yeah, but it's been long time (I love reading biography).
It is nice to know the life of real people's lives.
@kakah87 (294)
• Semarang, Indonesia
@Shavkat Mmm.... I think sometimes a biography was written by one angle of view, for example: successful story, heroic story, etc.
@kakah87 I do think that there are biographies like it. But then, I just need to read and have some learnings if there is.
That is great that you have produced a manual that is being used in a useful way. I hope you get it finished and published one day.
The texts were done. But then, I can't find a good illustrator.
@JudyEv Hahaha I will. I can do this after dealing with the evil relatives.
@Shavkat I will expect a progress report in a few weeks!!
Yes, I have friends and a husband who are authors.
I am sure you had some of their books. I have only a few friends who are local authors. Do you also write your books?
@Shavkat No, I'm not a writer at all. lol
@DianneN We can be a good reader, my friend
• Pamplona, Spain
You will get it published one day that is for sure. I have three favourite English Classics and I have not got even a copy of them at the moment but I know the words in them back to front.
I can't wait to bring back the pieces again. I wanted to collect hard novel books.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Shavkat I will get them again and at the moment I am reading them online. "Jane Eyre" is my very favourite story and a "A Christmas Carol". This can apply to any nation anywhere the sentiment is the same. Bronte and Dickens were well known and famous for their inate talent.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I think that I will check her writings. It seems interesting to read. Thanks for sharing it.
@cahaya1983 (9618)
I wish I can say yes, but so far I've never received any. I hope you manage to finish the illustrations for your manuscript and get it published soon. Is it an autobiography?
It wasn't like this type, my friend. It is a guidebook to treat people with disabilities.
@Shavkat That's nice.
Yes, I have my father's memoirs of when he was a soldier in WW2, and I 've written several posts based on them.
I do think it is a treasure to have it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to have some keepsake of late grandad during WWII.
Probably the only thing that is going to be handed to me would be their old family album. But I also have Dad's glasses.
I am also aiming to have the old photo albums of my granny. I hope I can get it in the future.
@acelawrites (10748)
If they will had it to me personally, for sure I will read it.
If I had my book, I will share it with you, my friend.
@myhuka (129)
whats the title of your book?
I will let you know as soon as it was done.
@Daveswami (195)
I sure did!!!!