Funny how that works...

I see many people that decide to stop using myLot because 'the earnings are slow'. Most of them are here for the money. I see people that are very active in myLot and don't worry about the earnings. And many of them earn fairly decently. And they don't 'work' the site. They just get on here and have some fun...talk with friends...make new friends and talk with them... ...and earn while doing it. And it just strikes me as weird that those who place the earnings first usually earn less than those that place the earnings second. There's probably a lesson in there somewhere...
They want to earn big while putting in no effort. Post a sentence asking some mundane question and sit back thinking vast wealth will pour in.
I think I am probably in the Top 5 earners here, but I really don't try to earn...I just do. In the next day or so, I'll be passing the $700 mark for total earnings since they began paying again...which is more than I earned between late 2006 and May 2013...
@JolietJake You mean Scar is among the top 5 earners lol!
@BarBaraPrz (19797)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake I've made $15.
Your absolutely right, how ironic. Stinks for the greedy people, they are missing out.
Roughly 820 days now, I have averaged $0.8536 a day
@JolietJake That's awesome!
@BarBaraPrz (19797)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake I've made 1 cent so far today.
I'm not sure what the lesson is. If they just got on with building relationships - or not even that - just reading and 'talking' they'd get what they wanted.
I think the 'lesson' might be let the money worry about itself, just have some fun
@BarBaraPrz (19797)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake I have fun here but the money stays away... not that I care, much.
@UncleJoe (9912)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
While I enjoy interacting with fellow Mylotters, I still need the earnings to make my yacht payments.
@BarBaraPrz (19797)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I'm paying for a Mercedes... even though I don't drive. I think I may be a little something or other...
Yeah, and then berthing fees and so on and so forth...thank heaven for myLot!
@Morleyhunt (19746)
If it was about the earnings....I'd go get a job. Earning a few pennies while chatting....that's just a biproduct. Today...I will be busy again...so mylotting time is short.
I need to get a bit accomplished at work today...tearing into the van got me so filthy I couldn't handle any of the suits, I'd have gotten them dirtier instead of clean
There is surely a lesson in there. May be those who are only here for money, are too busy to complain to interact.
If they spent as much time here as they do complaining about it on other sites maybe they'd earn more
@JolietJake This is also my opinion.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
Yup I think you are right. I don't worry about the earnings at all and while I won't get rich here it really doesn't matter.
People get too hung up on the money part...they need to just relax and hang out...none of us are gonna get rich, but most people that are here to enjoy themselves aren't too concerned about getting rich. If I took this as a 'job' I wouldn't enjoy it. Roughly 10 cents an hour for some of the headaches I get from here? I'd quit.
I think there is a lesson in there somewhere. A shame many do not take advantage of that lesson.
They seem to believe they should become well known as soon as they join without giving any effort to stick around and get to know people...it's never 'quick' earning here, but if they'd give it an honest chance...
@tammys85 (9936)
I didn't even realize earnings were slow, but I don't use this as my main source of income or whatnot. Oh well, if people wanna leave, that's their choice. I'm still around, just been dealing with other stuff that needs to come first.
I think many of them think they will make $50 a month here easily or some such thing...
@tammys85 (9936)
@JolietJake Yikes. I think at the most, I've heard of people making $20-$30; I have yet to hear of anyone making $50. They'll learn it's not a "get rich quick" website, if they haven't already.
@tammys85 I know of one person that made $50...and they got banned for posting ref links right after it
If the earnings are slow for them, then "they" are probably slow to interact. Honestly I don't even like the word "interact" . . . just come out here to make friends and chat with them - enjoy your time here! Think of it as a party you can go to at anytime of the day . . . and you get some appetizers while you're here . But hey, don't think there are servers coming around to personally hand you appetizers . . . you gotta find the table to get them yourself .
But...but...but I thought if I just sat right here they'd come to me
@JolietJake Well you can sit right there, but you still gotta make your fingers do the walkin' .
@JESSY3236 (6463)
Those people who here for the money probably think only posting is the key. But interacting is key and yes it may be slow. I have surprise myself that I have made it to 3 dollars now.
I know of one user that does nothing at all except post discussions. They don't comment to any responses they get and they don't respond to any discussions by other people. Rather odd.
@JolietJake what fun is t hat go ing b ak and for th is whats so much fun gettong colments from old frilends tellig me ilts great LI am stilll here it ma,kes my day I wlll be 91 November 15;;p;l
@EddieHands (37845)
I do on here what I do on facebook for free... the way I look at it. is this is a paid version of facebook and twitter.. so I am for it!!!
I don't do much on facebook these days...I make 4-5 posts a day and pop in on friends to see what's up, but usually I'm here somewhere.
@EddieHands (37845)
@JolietJake ive been having more fun on facebook.. but mostly because of two friends on there.. we cause trouble on there! lol But yeah I rather play on mylot. I wish some of my friends would get on here.. lol I just wouldnt want them to see my old posts.. so maybe better not invite them lol.
@GooglePlus (1381)
@JolietJake You violated a clause at mylot. I am reporting you for copying my content
@LilyBeBack (2016)
I'm always surprised at how much I earn here. I don't even post that much... I know it's not a lot of money in the sense that it's pennies, but I remember on the old mylot I was active constantly and I was only getting like 5-10 cents a day, whereas now it's higher than that
Exactly. I make way more than I did pre-2013, but I keep seeing people say it is "harder to earn here now".
Yes it is there for all to see. Having fun is what comes first. Let them leave. Have a good day.
I think you are probably the 'senior member' here these days...so you know how it is. They don't bother to build up a 'presence' here, they expect it all to just start rolling in right away.
@kobesbuddy (46107)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh yes, there sure is a lesson to be learned! If money is more important than people we communicate with, 'WE' have a serious problem! Some parents put their children second to their jobs. Then, when something terrible happens in their kids life the parents say, 'I don't know what's wrong with him or her!' We've worked hard, to give them everything they want!' What about time, with Mom and Dad? Where does that fit in?
People get too involved in chasing the 'almighty dollar' to spend time chasing people...which would really be a better experience
@vandana7 (64694)
My sort of sis lost her son. I am not here as frequently as I feel joking is an insult to the departed soul. Been crying a bit because relationships with my sort of sis are estranged. That does not mean I disliked that small kid, right? Actually, the differences are with the parents of the little sis. Whatever, not feeling that good to come here. Will be away for a while. Nothing to do with the earnings.
I come here when I can. I enjoy a lot of interesting posts by familiar and new people.
@db20747 (8032)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
If you have something interesting to share or say, the money will add up.
greed grabs e a d ey are never satisfied sto they go n thersrtes expectig to get popaid lkie a jobb I loive to have fu here and have people to talk to as llviling iln a retliremet ceter ils very lobely amd I ge paid fr enjoyng yslef too how about hat lol,