DREAM WEDDING.

image by pixabay.
Was your wedding your dream wedding? I cannot say mine was, simply because most of the planning was done by my husband -to-be - including choosing my dress. So what was your wedding like ? was it large, small, extravagant? Did everything go according to plan - no hitches? And for those planning to get married in the near future - what kind of wedding would be your dream wedding?
I have had a few weddings and none of them was my dream wedding..I no longer dream.
For me - once was enough. Perhaps much later in life I might think that I should have tried again.
It is good to dream.
My wedding was a dream wedding. All I ever wanted was a husband who loved me, a beautiful white wedding gown, and friends and family to share it all, and to live happily ever after. I'm such a romantic. So sorry about yours.
Yours was a dream wedding and it has followed through to your family. No problem about mine really I am happy being single.
@Kandae11 I'm happy you're happy. It beats an abusive relationship.
Growing up, I thought I would never find someone to marry . . . so I never even dreamed of the perfect wedding! Hubby and I were together since we were 18 - got married at 32. We made it cost effective . We had a beautiful family ceremony on an island, overlooking the bay, with only immediate family and 2 close friends. A few months after that, we had the obligatory reception for the rest of the family and friends (it was at an already buffet place - again cost effective ) with about 120 people. Like I said, I was honestly not too concerned about having a dream wedding . . . I was just happy to have someone in my life .
pixabay picture.
I have seen quite a few island weddings - and they are beautiful. The important thing isn't the size of the wedding - marrying the right person is.
@Kandae11 What a lovely photo! Ours wasn't even this fancy . . . it was on a rustic hotel balcony! Very intimate and simple. You're right - it's not about the wedding - it's about marrying the right person.
@renicemae (3368)
@Kandae11 You're absolutely right there friend
My first marriage back in the states wasn't something my mom wanted and we got married at the pastors with no special wedding. Here in Latvia me and my husband just mutually agreed to be together so no second wedding either and now I am all on my own. Lovely photo.
So, do you think your mother was right after all, about your first marriage?
@Kandae11 it was not a very successful marriage but I still had to go through it. Who knew it would not work out.
@RasmaSandra You are right. It isn't easy to tell.
@LeaPea2417 (20461)
• Toccoa, Georgia
My husband and I eloped. There are a lot of details as to why we could not have a dream wedding.
I don't know if you would want to share, but eloping is very popular.
@LeaPea2417 (20461)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Kandae11 It is hard to explain but I had certain relatives that were so bossy, if we did have a big wedding, they would have told us where and how we were to have it. My husband & I would have had no say so as to how we would have wanted it. So, that is why we felt we had no choice but to elope.
No, mine wasn't a dream wedding. I'm sorry yours was planned for you including your dress, that doesn't sound right, but you're out of that relationship, so that's a good thing. I haven't given my wedding a thought in many years. I don't know if I'll ever get married again, though I would like to.
Can never tell what the future holds. A Prince charming may come knocking.
@Kandae11 It's something to think about.
@responsiveme (16360)
H.mmm...A wedding here is more or less hijacked by the two families. But since I was marrying the person I wanted to, I went along with the flow...And while it was fun certainly not a wild extravaganza
Very nice that everything went the way you wanted it to.
Nope dream wedding. Don`t think I will ever have another.
You have love and commitment in your present marriage.
My first wedding was at the justice of the peace. Which was ok with me. I had a son and my first husband had a daughter. We had a good life and lots of fun.
Sounds like a perfect family . Glad everything went well.
@suripunj (798)
• New Delhi, India
Yes it was well planned otherwise she had not married me.
Good - everything went according to plan.
@crossbones27 (19602)
• Redlands, California
I pissed every lady off last and only wedding I went to. Call me a liberal hippy again because there is no romance in this body. Was amazing how i hated it and was amazing how quick the women workers become upset with me. I am quiet and said maybe two sentences like never getting married swear they took it so personal. Then might of said, why so mad, you not marrying me. Should be happy not marring me
Not that you mentioned it before, but from what I gathered from your posts, I just know you are not the marrying kind. However, one never knows what the future holds, a lady may come along - sweep you off your feet and change you into the marrying kind.
• Redlands, California
@Kandae11 I tried hard, thought about it and some reason cannot stop laughing. You are right, but I think I am still thinking. Financial reasons, sad to say, How this world does. Could be why no romance in this body, Hate that its like that.
@crossbones27 Someone might love you even if you wore patched pants and not a penny to your name.
My wedding was very simple.Got married by Justice of Peace
Sometimes simple tend to last longer.
@Kandae11 yes and money not wasted.
@amadeo Very true.
@dodoazo (19706)
My wedding is a wedding of the pauper. I didn't have a penny in my pocket. It's a civil wedding solemnized by a city fiscal. Only my late father and late father-in-law and a handful of witnesses attended.
Marriages with simple wedding ceremonies sometimes last longer than those carried out with great pomp and splendor.
@dodoazo (19706)
@Kandae11 That is true. We had been married for 46 years now and we had never had a big marital issue nor been separated due to infidelity. We are both faithful with each other and we got 6 children who are very supportive for us.
I had a fun wedding but the marriage was not.
Excuse this late reply. My wedding was kind of serious - I think deep in my heart I knew that trouble lay ahead.
@Kandae11 That is so sad Kandase. A wedding is suppose to be a very happy occasion.
Our wedding was pretty standard for the time - about 100 guests, church wedding, reception after, white dress - that was the norm for our area in 1971.
Sounds like a dream wedding.
@Kandae11 We enjoyed it.
@1hopefulman (28612)
Both weddings were dream weddings to me. Everything was amazing. The only sad thing was that they did not last forever. Had either stayed faithful, I would still be married as I believe that anything can be worked out if both parties desire it.
I am sorry they were both unfaithful. They are probably regretful now for having messed things up.
@1hopefulman (28612)
@Kandae11 That may be so but I can't go back.
Yes, I can say that it was my dream wedding. We only have a small group of guests, I wore a wedding gown I loved and the reception was held at a beautiful hotel. I would change nothing if I should go back in time.
Wonderful !, a dream wedding and a lasting marriage.
@Kandae11 It was a simple wedding, but just what we wanted. Not a big one.
My first marriage I had a nice wedding, it was medium sized with all my family and friends. It was the perfect day. I walked down the aisle with so many hopes and dreams, the only thing was I married the wrong man. Next time it will be with the man I love and it will be a small intimate affair with a party for family and friends.
There are many brides all over the world who do that every day - walk down the aisle with hopes and dreams - some work out and some don't. At least your Prince charming finally came along.
@Kandae11 yes and we are blessed to have each other
@lady1993 (17786)
wow, i have never heard of a husband that was into the wedding planning I am not yet married, but one of the things i want to do when i get married is just get married in a church with lots and lost of colorful flowers
All part of his obsessive, possessive nature. I hope you get the wedding of your dreams.
@lady1993 (17786)
@Kandae11 thank you
@Prdhan (604)
Wedding pic is very good.It is really amazing.
Thank you.