Nov 4- Do you urinate more during cold weather?

@peachpurple (11812)
Malaysia
Is it just me or everyone is experiencing the same symptom? Yes, i do urinate more during cold weather, especially rainy days when the indoor temperature is colder during the night. I do hate getting up in the middle of my sleep just to pee. I wish that I could just pee on my bed but better not ! My son did peed on his bed last night, it was a leakage, but he did peed in the toilet and changed his wet pajama. Even during the day time, I ran to the loo every 30min after drinking a cup of water. Either my bladder is too small or it is the cold weather's fault! How often do you urinate more during the day or night during cold weather?
No not me!
@peachpurple (11812)
oh really? how come?
@peachpurple No idea =)
@peachpurple (11812)
@infatuatedbby cool bladder
I think the weather has something to do with it.
@peachpurple (11812)
yes the temperature is getting colder
Just my reasoning, that waste is eliminated through one's pores as well as urination. When it is cold one doesn't perspire - hence more urination.
@peachpurple (11812)
oh i see, no wonder we urinate more
@FourWalls (10751)
I think so, but I am naturally cold, so I drink a lot of hot tea in the winter, which means I have more reasons to go!
@peachpurple (11812)
hot tea helps to keep our body warm, yes more urine i think it is the caffiene effect?
I wonder why this is ? I drink a lot more water when its hot out so I tend to pee more then.
@peachpurple (11812)
me too, when i drink more, i pee more but not as often as cold weather
@Bluedoll (16884)
I would say weather has nothing to do with it but perhaps our activities do? Don't take this wrong but I really don't want to talk about pee. So why am i doing it.
@peachpurple (11812)
Just a casual discussion here
@Bluedoll (16884)
@peachpurple not for me
• Peoria, Arizona
Yep it is actually very common for people to do this because the muscles in your body contract and so your blood pressure rises which makes your blood flow increase. And since everything is contracted it limits the flow and your kidneys react so your blood pressure can lower and your kidneys are the ones that well put all the waste into your bladder and it puts all the excess fluid from your body into your bladder, all so you don't have a heart attack or anything like that haha Yey anatomy! And then it is also hard to hold in your pee because your body is already so contracted from the cold that it cannot contract even more to hold it in.
@peachpurple (11812)
oh thanks for the details, gonna look up at webmd too
• Peoria, Arizona
@peachpurple you shouldn't trust webmd. It provides a lot of false information.
I am not aware of this.Have not noticed it.
@peachpurple (11812)
maybe you can keep track of your loo visit often
@peachpurple not interest in this.
@rubyriaz007 (2831)
Yes, I urinate more during cold weather. I at least go 5-6 times a day during cold weather. It is more at night and it disturbs my sleep. I drink less water during winters so that I don't urinate often.
@peachpurple (11812)
Me too
@crossbones27 (15596)
• Redlands, California
Maybe, sweat less, do know I eat more in cold weather. What a timely question and one people should take serious.
@peachpurple (11812)
yes, it is going to the end of the year, so the weather turns colder, I eat more too and urinate more
I think so, it's natural.
@peachpurple (11812)
yes it is, thanks
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
when i am sick or nervous i do a lot day and night but i usually always go a couple times a night no matter what time of year
I go to pee more when it rains, the cold is not a problem. Coffee makes me pee.