Do you set specific earnings goals for yourself?

There are people who reach the minimum earnings amounts on a monthly basis on different sites no matter what those minimums are. I am one of the people for whom it never happens. Therefore, I do not set earnings goals on sites that pay because if I don't achieve them, which most likely will be the case, I will be very disappointed. And it's not like I have total control over how much money I make anyway. A big part of it depends on other factors. So no matter how much effort I put in, the rewards may not be much different. Here on MyLot, it took me four months to reach the minimum, for which I got paid in October. I hope to reach my next $5 in three months or less. I have halfway to go, so hopefully by the end of the year I will have reached my third $5. If this happens, that's great. If it doesn't happen, it's okay because I do not tell myself "I have to make $5 by the end of the year." It's just a wish. On HubPages, it took me seven months to reach the minimum (there it's $50), for which I got paid in October. I actually surpassed it by about thirteen bucks. Hopefully, this time around it will take me less time. And it looks like it may happen because I already have close to $22 in new earnings. Would love to get there by the end of the year but again, I do not tell myself "I have to make $50 by the end of the year." It's just a wish. And because it is just a wish, there shouldn't be any disappointment if earnings are not achieved by that time. And if there is, it should only be minor... Do you set specific earnings goals for yourself?
@KristenH (20457)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I started out the same way as you do, when I joined Mylot 2 years ago. It took me a long time to reach payout. At HP, I never made payout after joining 3 years ago. Maybe I'll get it by the end of the year. I barely make a dollar a month (last month at 1.03) and not much with niche sites or Amazon. What's your secret? For here, it's 20 cents a day to make $5 a month.
I am like you in that it took me from October 2015 to April of the next year to make payout and that was because of a my lot special of only needing $2 for payout that i almost did not make
@KristenH What I have is not that great. Plenty of people cash out every month. Wish I was in the same boat. Are all of your hubs featured?
@KristenH (20457)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@lovebuglena Yes, all featured and a few of them are niched. I haven't written anything new since April, and hope to write new hubs between now and New Year's.
I do not set a goal, but just hope for the best.
We should always hope for the best.
• Denmark
I find setting goals unhealthy. From what I read many people do this. Where's the fun when I put myself under pressure?
It can be unhealthy for sure.
At least $10.00 per month.
That's your goal or how much you earn?
@lovebuglena My goal.
@TheInvisibleMan That's a nice goal. Hope you get to it or even surpass it!
I like to make $5 here in a month. And I don't always. Mainly my earning goals relate to my jobs.
I would like to make $5 monthly. I haven't had that happen to me yet, not even a single time.
@lovebuglena Lots of responding on people's discussions, and on the responses of others on those discussions.
@paigea But can't just go to a discussion, leave a response and then go to other responses and comment on them. Maybe a few but not many or all of them. That wouldn't be right, unless you really had something to add that others have not already said.
I like to cash out each month but I don't get too hung up about it.
Like I tell myself, if it happens, that's great. If it doesn't happen, it will happen eventually. No need to stress over it.
@lovebuglena That's the best attitude.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I've never mastered how hubpages work. I am on several websites and apps as well but a lot of them let you cash our whenever
I wish sites didn't have minimums and wonder why they set them. Maybe if there are a lot of members it is easier to pay people when there are minimums...?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@lovebuglena well on the apps the lowest one I can cash out for is $2 for a 500 points.
Yes i do. Hope you get to your goals in a decent ampumt of time
Does setting goals help you get there? Do you think you would have gotten there had you not set goals?
@lovebuglena yes, setting goals helps get there.. probably would
@dodo19 (28076)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I do sometimes set earnings goals for myself. Sometimes, I will be able to reach it. Other times, I can't. All I can do is try and do the best that I can do.
When you give things a try, instead of doing nothing, and give it your best as well, you are already successful in some way.
@dodo19 (28076)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@lovebuglena That is very true. Well said. Couldn't have said it better myself.
@m_audrey6788 (11525)
I don`t really make earning goals just do what I can earn for a month and enjoy
Enjoying yourself should definitely be a priority. The earnings are a great bonus.
@Emmlex1000 (1415)
• Lagos, Nigeria
I wish you best but am here like 3weeks have up to $3 now
Close to $3 in just three weeks is amazing!
• Lagos, Nigeria
@lovebuglena I just comment on friends responds message
@Scrapper88 (1210)
I do not set goals to reach on sites like this. I just do the best I can.
As long as you do your best that's what counts the most.
@Shortail (674)
I don't have that, I just here during my free time, not even have a goal to reach the minimum this 15. but it's ok.
Remember that we get paid on the 15th for what we make in the previous month. So, whatever you each has to be by the end of that month, not by the 15th of the current month, in order to get paid for it.
I am like @KristinH as i started in October 2015 and did not reach payout until April of the next year. But have been getting at least $5 since June of this year. Not a lot but enough to make payout and that is usually my goal to make the payout. I will set tiny goals after i make payout
You've been getting at least $5 monthly?
@lovebuglena Yes, I do. But it is not a nearly as large amount that some other members make. But i am happy when I reach payout, even if it is only in the $5 range
@Marty1 It's not much but it's great to be able to get it every month. Has yet to happen to me. I don't set goals but I wonder if I tell myself I must make $5 by the end of the month, if it will happen. I have half way to go. And if I get there it would have taken me two months to get there, which would be an improvement.