Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 16 Jeremiah 16 16:1 The word of the LORD came also unto me, saying, 2 Thou shalt not take thee a wife, neither shalt thou have sons or daughters in this place. 3 For thus says the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land; 4 They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcasses shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth. 5 For thus says the LORD, Enter not into the house of mourning, neither go to lament nor bemoan them: for I have taken away my peace from this people, says the LORD, even lovingkindness and mercies. 6 Both the great and the small shall die in this land: they shall not be buried, neither shall men lament for them, nor cut themselves, nor make themselves bald for them: 7 Neither shall men tear themselves for them in mourning, to comfort them for the dead; neither shall men give them the cup of consolation to drink for their father or for their mother. 8 Thou shalt not also go into the house of feasting, to sit with them to eat and to drink. 9 For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place in your eyes, and in your days, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride. 10 And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt show this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee, Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? Or what is our iniquity? Or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God? 11 Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, says the LORD, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law; 12 And ye have done worse than your fathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the imagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me: 13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not show you favor. 14 Therefore, behold, the days come, says the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD lives, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; 15 But, The LORD lives, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers. 16 Behold, I will send for many fishers, says the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. 17 For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes. 18 And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcasses of their detestable and abominable things. 19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. 20 Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods? 21 Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD. What do you do when everything in your life looks bleak? What do you do when you have nowhere to turn for help? God told Jeremiah he was not to get married or have children in the land of Judah. He was going to bring great turmoil on them. They would die by sword and famine, and God would send them into exile for their disobedience to him. He would take his lovingkindness and mercy from them. However, it would not be forever. Judah would change the way they speak because God would bring them out of their captivity and his people would know he is Jehovah, their God. Before you accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord, your life was on a downward slope. You didn’t know where to turn, until one day you heard a message of hope and deliverance, and you knew God was knocking and wanted to be your God and Savior. At that moment you saw your life with clarity, all the wrong you had done, your disobedience, rebellion, stubbornness, and you knew you needed to make a change, and that change was accepting Jesus as your personal Savior. It meant changing your allegiance from self to God. It meant allowing God to make the decisions for your life and trusting him to lead you where you needed to go. It wasn’t an easy decision. You had been on the throne of your life, the center of it for a very long time and it wouldn’t be easy turning over the reins of your life to God, trusting him to do what was best for you. It wasn’t easy to say, yes, God. I surrender, take all of me. It was the hardest decision you ever made, but it was the decision that changed your life forever. Would you go back to what was? Satan would like you to, but you need to stand strong against his temptations, after all those temptations were once your way of life. God wants you to live a new life. He wants to give you the peace and security knowing him will be in your life. It’s what he wanted to give to Judah, but they resisted him until he sent them into exile, but only long enough for them to realize he was their Jehovah and none of the gods they served could do for them what God could. As Christians, you know it isn’t easy to trust God, to always do what he wants, to listen and hear his voice speaking to you. Satan will be right there to tell you God had not said such and such, but you were hearing your own voice. Tell Satan to get out of your life, you belong to Jesus Christ and it was his blood that set you free from the bondages Satan chained you with. Tell Satan your God is Jehovah, and nothing he does or says will change that. God’s people had to cast away their idols, leave them behind in the land of their captivity, and take God’s hand as he led them home in safety to be their God. Are you willing to allow God to lead you? Will you take Jesus’ hand as you walk the path he has for you? Will you allow the Holy Spirit to tell you when you’re straying, and guide you back to the right path? Let’s pray: Father, sometimes the path is too hard to follow, and I want to go the way that isn’t so hard, but Father, I know that is not the path you want me to follow. Lead me where you would have me go. Help me resist Satan and his lies for my life. Take my hand and walk with me. Be my God, my Savior, Redeemer, Comforter, and friend. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 4 November 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@dodoazo (22044)
This is actually what is happening, "Because your fathers have forsaken me, says the LORD, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law;" As we can now see, witness, overhear from the TV, read from the news. We will be expecting worst from worst.
Yes, it's happening everywhere. Have a blessed day.
@Dyvette16 (2130)
• San Antonio, Texas
Amen , hope you have a great day !
Thank you. I hope your day is also blessed.
@Dyvette16 (2130)
• San Antonio, Texas
@just4him thank you very much
@carebear29 (28883)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
amen
I hope your day is blessed.