a place with no dust?

https://pixabay.com/en/painting-building-painting-building-55911/
so the person that my mother texts to do odd jobs finally showed up after several days. when he was finished with those tasks, i asked him to check a small fan that stopped working and clean the awning-type windows above the sliding doors. "oh, i already cleaned that the last time." "yes, but it's dirty again." what i really wanted to say, but didn't was: if it was still clean, why would anyone pay for someone to clean it again? secondly, after a few weeks, did you really think there won't be a speck of dust given that we live on a busy road? i mean, who wouldn't want to live in a place without dust? i guess the only dust-free places on earth would be the north and south poles.
@ridingbet (59406)
yes, even if you dusted today, tomorrow, expect the area to have dust again
they can get in even in enclosed places
@ridingbet (59406)
@hereandthere Yes, in our room which I clean only on weekends, the plastic broom would gather lots of dust. Our windows are all closed. But still, the dust can come in. Oh, my!
Were they wanting to wait until the dust was thick enough to write in?!
yeah, and much harder to clean!
Oh gosh . . .dust pops up everywhere and all the time no matter how much you clean an area . . . new dust is constantly in the making. Maintenance cleaning needs to be done often - and if not, it just becomes a bigger job for someone later on. That being said, I am doing major clean up this morning .
and dust likes to make itself obvious. anything light colored looks darker, anything dark colored looks lighter.
@hereandthere Right? Dust doesn't pretend to hide .
Dust seems to go running back right after you dust. You dust the dust particle watch and when you are gone they run back and get right back where you dusted. A never ending job.
oh, yes. they're so sneaky!
Where I lived before I do not believe it was as dusty as where we live now. I clean and the dust comes again. I wonder why it is so dusty here all the time.
maybe it has a different landscape to your former location
@hereandthere I am also on a street that cars go past and they are working on the streets too. It was not quieter before because I had horrible neighbors.
@Hannihar oh. then it's understandable why you moved. it's going to be noisier and dustier here because they is an upcoming roadwork on our street, too.
Exactly, it's hard to have a place with no dust at all. I dust every two days and there is always a little bit.
i guess we'll have to live in an igloo to escape them! hahaha!
@hereandthere The only place you can escape dust, unless you eat peanuts.
@LadyDuck the eskimos live in igloos and i'm imagining there's no dust in the north or south poles. but what do you mean by peanuts?
Stupid girl to answer like that. Surely, if the helper would answer me like that, I would get angry.
he is an on-call carpenter, but also asked to help with odd jobs around the house.
@hereandthere Wow, that's nice. At least he is an all around.
@SIMPLYD but you have to always watch him and check his work afterwards
@YrNemo (14710)
I just cleaned the floor in the kitchen again today. I swear I did that several hours ago.
i hate it when i've just mopped the floor and it's dirty again.
@YrNemo (14710)
@hereandthere Made me think of my sister and her tile floor. I saw her cleaning it over and over, with a frown on her face. She said, 'I don't get it, I just cleaned this section just a few seconds ago...'
I wish i could live in a dust-free environment too. But ours has dust everywhere because we have front amd backyard gardens and windy open areas that blow in dust. I'm not a compulsive cleaner, unfortunately. I usually just wait for my weekend housekeeper to wipe the window panes.
i doubt people really notice it since it's up there and our roof is extended, so i just take advantage when he's here. we've always had plants (even trees, in the past) so i like places like yours, with front and back gardens.
@sishy7 (27598)
He thinks since they are high above the sliding doors then no one would see the dust so no need to clean them regularly or something... Sometimes the standard of 'clean' is different for one person to another...
exactly. i agree very few people will notice it. that's why i get it done only when he's here. i'm not really a neat freak nor a germaphobe.
We live on a busy main road as well - so I know exactly what you mean.
i wish we had a higher fence. it would help with the noise, too.
Dust-free would be lovely, but dust just keeps on coming our way each and every day. I try and keep up with the dust, and that is a lot of work.
even in closed places like the mall, you see staff dusting the merchandise
Dust gets into every nook and cranny it seems. I wish things would stay clean after I've washed them too.
@JustBhem (42880)
• Davao, Philippines
They said that the dust we are having in our house is our own dirt from our skin.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Personally, why should it matter if you are paying them to be asked to check something and clean it again? Nothing stays clean forever. Just sounds like they are being picky
If you want to stay well it's best to dust often.
@kepweng (18574)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
im Mostly the one cleaning our house cause thiers No salary for the nanny! can you not clean your own house??
this is about the windows near the ceiling. even if i use a ladder, i'm quite clumsy and don't have a good sense of balance so i don't want to risk falling.