Discussions about abortion, death penalty, social benefits

@ourlot (993)
Why do people discuss topics like abortion, death penalty, or social benefits? Neither side manages to convince the other one. Never ever have I seen someone changing his position on any of these topics (and many others).
@carebear29 (28647)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
i read all topics honestly.
@Bluedoll (17052)
Sometimes for public awareness?
• Peoria, Arizona
I have seen many people over the years change their minds. It is when you are more open minded and hear information on both sides. the reason why people do not change their minds is because they are either closed minded or the fact that the wrong people are telling them the wrong things to help change their opinion. It is good to talk about these topics because it helps people vote, it helps people learn. That is what people need to do is learn.
It does seem like a waste of time to try to persuade another to one's way of thinking. The thinking changes now and then, I believe, when one is in a situation that relates to the topic. Those against social benefits just may change their tune when in need of social benefits.
@KrauseHome (35517)
If you are trying to get someone to agree with you then i agree. Otherwise i feel thry are important topics of interest to bring up
I like to talk about many subjects even if I will not change the world with my discissions.