And What Did You Do This Week?

@Morleyhunt (16670)
It's been a crazy week. Plans were made. Plans were changed. It was Friday before I was home for lunch....then only because I brought my daughter home with me. I'm trying to get things organized for our trip to the coast in two weeks....instead.... I've gone to a baby shower (Sunday), helped relocate my father from hospital to retirement residence (Monday's disaster). Tuesday I ran errands....shopped for clothes for my father (when is the last time you tried to find traditional men's pyjamas). Wednesday took my father to the salon to get his hair cut (3 months overdue), met with the physiotherapist and continued my search for pjs. Wednesday night I sewed a pair of men's pjs to be delivered Thursday morning the pjs were delivered...I met with the care coordinator and let her know how unhappy we were with dads care. Friday I finally made it to the hairdresser for a haircut (2 months overdue), then helped my daughter make curtains. Today is Saturday. I've seen two more pairs of pjs....did the laundry (running out of clean clothes) and tried to tame the dust bunnies. Please...let the next week be calmer. The photo seems tranquil.
@Platespinner (18533)
Sunday I drove. Monday I was taxi-mom, costume guru and urgent care companion. Tuesday morning I spent 3 hours at the orthopedic surgeon watching the doctor reassemble my husband's finger and more costumes. Wednesday costumes, Thursday costumes, Friday distributed books at the local elementary school, more costumes. And today...more costumes. I think I'm stuck in a rut.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
Yikes! What happened. Hope hubby is okay
@Morleyhunt He got the fingers of his left hand a little too close to the blades of his joiner. This is what the glove he was wearing looks like. His middle finger is particularly well shredded, but it doesn't look like he did any significant permanent damage.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
@Platespinner maybe we should just skip November and go straight to December. Sounds like your week has t been any better than mine.
You had a stressful week. My husband wears only traditional pj, I can only find them in Italy, they are expensive, but at least what he likes.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
I'm lucky that I can make some. It is actually more expensive to make them then to buy ready made...but if you can't get ready made....you don't have too many options.
@Morleyhunt This is exactly what I noticed. If I should make one it would cost more.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
@LadyDuck I was fortunate I still had a pattern (40 years old) and could dig through some of my supplies for buttons, elastic and thread.
@koopharper (6318)
So far I have tomorrow off. Ton of work to catch up around here. If the weather is good there will be firewood to cut and haul. Hope to get some work done in my mini-workshop as well. Been a hectic enough week. Besides Sabbaths this is my first day off since the Feast.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
I don't feel like I've had a day off in weeks. I had a slow couple of days when I was sick....but being sick meant I still couldn't do anything useful.
@Morleyhunt Hopefully, you'll catch a break soon.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
@koopharper 12 days...then 11 days away. Someone else can do the running around.
@responsiveme (14414)
Wishing you a better week ahead.it is great that you know how to make those pjs if you can't get them.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
So far, today is quiet. Rainy, gray and cold.
I haven't done my laundry yet maybe by this week I might have time. I wonder what was your problem with the last care giver.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
It's not just the caregiver. It the entire setup. They keep turning off his call bell. The man can't get out of bed by himself...with no call bell he is very vulnerable.
@ridingbet (37922)
that is a nice serene picture. i hope your week next week will not be as busy as last week.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
Today was a quiet day. We'll hope the rest of the week is just as quiet.
My week was so messed up and now I am on pills and I forgot last week
@Morleyhunt (16670)
Sounds like November is going to be a memorable month for several of us. Hope that the poison ivy clears soon and that you are back to normal.
@YrNemo (8553)
All the best for the future (been there done that with unexpected or expected but busy schedules so I know, horrible!).
@Morleyhunt (16670)
Just a couple of days to catch my breath would be nice.....this too, will pass.
I hope your weekend and next week are calmer. Take care.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
Id like to think they couldn't be worse....but I know better than to tempt fate,
I would imagine that there will be lots of detours and craziness as you prepare to go out east. Hopefully this week was the worst and things will ease going forward.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
It certainly has been a memorable week. Now if I just get a chance to catch my breath.....
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I worked extra hours this week, helped get the store ready for Christmas. Written a good portion of my book, looked at Christmas presents, and done some other mundane stuff. Nothing as crazy as yours.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
I haven't given much though to Christmas yet. I think it could be one of those years where everything gets done last minute.
@yanzalong (8780)
My plan didnt work out as expected this week. Having been haunted with fear of losing the job that pressed me down in the dumps.
@Morleyhunt (16670)
Hope that your work situation is resolved,